Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games but I am most likely going to end up getting this. It just looks too damn awesome to resist! Currently playing around in Fallout 3 and New Vegas which will be more than enough to keep me occupied until this is out.

Actually speaking as a complete PC noob here are mods for games like this easy to install? Pretty much all my gaming is done on console but I am playing New Vegas on my laptop without any issue. Havn't modded it in case I make an arse of it and screw up the game some way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Testament1 wrote: »
    I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games but I am most likely going to end up getting this. It just looks too damn awesome to resist! Currently playing around in Fallout 3 and New Vegas which will be more than enough to keep me occupied until this is out.

Actually speaking as a complete PC noob here are mods for games like this easy to install? Pretty much all my gaming is done on console but I am playing New Vegas on my laptop without any issue. Havn't modded it in case I make an arse of it and screw up the game some way!

You can download a mod manager,google fallout3nexus,great site for mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Overheal wrote: »
    ugh.... isnt there just like a console command i can pop into oblivion? ini hacking is so 2004.

Don't bother, the game never shipped with Xbox controller suppor and it's impossible to get it working properly with editing the ini etc. I tried numerous 3rd party programs and nothing worked seamlessly compared to the Xbox 360 itself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pc specs are being released monday apparently

http://gyazo.com/879ddbf8d94f1716f6f0bcf6f53807dc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Pc specs are being released monday apparently

http://gyazo.com/879ddbf8d94f1716f6f0bcf6f53807dc
    On an unrelated note, Monday is also the day I cry a little.

• Advertisement

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It's my **** day, sets me up for the week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

good god that voice sounds awful, is it a pisstake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Doesnt sound that bad! I just hope these Dragon shouts aint to overpowered!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I personally love it: Makes me think of ... FREEZE RAY!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gona be watching this every morning when I wake up for the next 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

gona be watching this every morning when I wake up for the next 3 weeks

That just gave me goosebumps...

Headbanging to the Sons of Skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Big Knox wrote: »
    That just gave me goosebumps...

me too :eek::D:D

Its gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng 3 weeks -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Its gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng 3 weeks -_-

It is indeed but I have Dark Souls for now and Battlefield3 and Uncharted3 soon which i'm sure will keep me busy in the meantime!! I don't even have time to play the new Batman!! :pac:

Man these few weeks of gaming are going to be glorious!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm thinking i will hold off for a week or two with Skyrim. Not cause i don't want it or anything, but I want to upgrade my pc before playing it, but that won't be till the end of November. So i might just play through Zelda, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 on the consoles, until i can play Skyrim as i want to...in glorious full pc settings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,773 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm thinking i will hold off for a week or two with Skyrim. Not cause i don't want it or anything, but I want to upgrade my pc before playing it, but that won't be till the end of November. So i might just play through Zelda, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 on the consoles, until i can play Skyrim as i want to...in glorious full pc settings :)

Yeah but you can't beat that feeling when you first power up your upgraded rig:

So go get it done already!

Yeah but you can't beat that feeling when you first power up your upgraded rig:

So go get it done already!

Ah yes, the initial worry that i plugged something in wrong, or that it will fry as soon as it's powered up. Then, when it works, installing Crysis just becuase you can play it on full settings :pac:

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Then, when it works, installing Crysis just becuase you can play it on full settings :pac:
    And then some. I only stopped when the Metro 2033 fog settings tore me a new asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

only 19 days left to go

With all this suspense and build up, imagine you put the dvd in and it turns out to be shíte

Crosáidí wrote: »
    With all this suspense and build up, imagine you put the dvd in and it turns out to be shíte

Bite your tongue! Bite it! :pac:

did they release the specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Hope i dont have to buy another gfx card :(

did they release the specs?

tomorrow i think

Crosáidí wrote: »

lalalala I'm not listening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Laptop is on the blink so ill be getting a whole new desktop (swanky new gfx card too :)) so will be looking forward to playing this with everything it's got. Depending on the specs though I might just go for a new laptop instead of a Desktop. Just worried about overheating on a laptop though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The specs are out tomorrow? Have a pretty solid PC but slightly considering upgrading my GTX460 to maybe a 560. Any knowledgable folk think it would be worth it?

http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-140-MS

This maybe?

Advertisement