Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

dont think there is much difference between a gtx 460 and a 560 is there? id say just buy another 460 and sli it, then Overclock the hell out of both of them

Laptop is on the blink so ill be getting a whole new desktop (swanky new gfx card too :)) so will be looking forward to playing this with everything it's got. Depending on the specs though I might just go for a new laptop instead of a Desktop. Just worried about overheating on a laptop though.

a desktop is much much better for gaming as you can always upgrade all the different parts which you cant do in a laptop, if it was my money and i needed a laptop for school work or whatever, id buy a nice desktop and a cheap laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

dont think there is much difference between a gtx 460 and a 560 is there? id say just buy another 460 and sli it, then Overclock the hell out of both of them

I've never overclocked a card before, is it difficult and more importantly is it risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

danthefan wrote: »
    I've never overclocked a card before, is it difficult and more importantly is it risky?
    Flashing the BIOS and overvolting can be risky alright, but if you avoid that and are sensible with your overclock, it's fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

G2play now have it at 383, screw that! i guess amazon will do.

Is this place legit if it comes back in stock? does it matter that its american at all? ah ti says it doesnt matter on site.
    http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/video-games/rpg/buy-cd-key-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim_417

Anybody used these either?
    http://www.onlinekeystore.com

and 30$ here
    http://gamerkeys.net/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim.htm&tracking=4e92ab76a3bf4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

How much would a desktop able to handle this comfortably set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

How much would a desktop able to handle this comfortably set you back?
    Ask again tomorrow once the specs are out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Blowfish wrote: »
    Ask again tomorrow once the specs are out :)

That would have been the smart thing to do!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats great!

Still waiting on the specification release though :(

ya me too :'( *sniff*

Blowfish wrote: »
    Flashing the BIOS and overvolting can be risky alright, but if you avoid that and are sensible with your overclock, it's fine.

MSI afterburner is a great and simple tool for overclocking gpu's

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is it out yet? damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

hypermuse wrote: »

Anyone else reminded of Game of Thrones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Offical specs out yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

silvine wrote: »
    hypermuse wrote: »

Anyone else reminded of Game of Thrones?

The second I seen the crow at the very start I immediately thought Game Of Thrones :D!!

11th of November can't come soon enough!!

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Offical specs out yet??

nope.. not a thing!

I just want the damn map already. Apparently I get a 'premium' map from best buy while supplies last. Which means, I'm getting a map, because, I work there, and everyone who works in the gaming department? I gave them all Halo pins. They OWE me.
    Bethesda wrote:
    We’ve received plenty of questions about the map. So you know, it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and European territories. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.

/dance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Overheal wrote: »
    I just want the damn map already. Apparently I get a 'premium' map from best buy while supplies last. Which means, I'm getting a map, because, I work there, and everyone who works in the gaming department? I gave them all Halo pins. They OWE me.

/dance

Do all pre orders get the map??

According to all googlings of Skyrim Premium Map: yes. But I assume the limited quantity thing seems to imply not all stores will have an ample supply of the maps on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

any word on a midnight release? i know gamestop sometimes dp midnight releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Nodferatu wrote: »
    any word on a midnight release? i know gamestop sometimes dp midnight releases.

Just pre-order with gamestop.ie and you'll have it the day before release!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Big Knox wrote: »
    Just pre-order with gamestop.ie and you'll have it the day before release!!

i don't think they will give it out on thursday 10th if you pre order. I'm collecting in store not buying from online

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i don't think they will give it out on thursday 10th if you per. I'm collecting in store not buying from online

Same here,i cancelled my gamestop.ie order and just ordered in store,im flying back from the usa that day :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Any reason in particular you don't think they'll send it out the day before? Everytime I've ordered from them I've gotten the game a day/days earlier than the Friday release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah i got deus ex the day before release the one time I ordered from them. a game like skyrim though, coming out on a friday too, i'm not gona risk. i'm either gona get it soon as the shop opens friday morning or just order on steam if I get a 00:00 unlock

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

finally went for skyrim off amazon myself, will get it like a week after everybody :p

• Advertisement

I just plan on picking it up in store.. Pre-oredered it (along with BF3 and MW3) so that there will defo be a copy there for me to collect!

I'm not that bothered if I could get it ONE WHOLE DAY EARLIER! I've waited months for it to be released so waiting a few extra hours aint gonna kill me!!

gonna be busy with work throughout the week anyway so would only make the difference of a few hours gameplay and a few very sleepy unproductive days in work..

the Weekend is gonna be a blitz between Skyrim and MW3 being in same release week! So much more excited bout skyrim thou!

Advertisement