Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

PC specs released!

Twitter

Recom PC specs:
    Win XP/7,
    quad-core Intel/AMD CPU,
    4GB RAM,
    6GB HD,
    DX compat snd card,
    DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher

Min PC specs:
    Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit),
    dual core 2GB,
    2GB RAM,
    DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM,
    Internet Access for Steam activation

Started a thread in Elder scrolls forum.. prob the most appropriate place to discuss/show off!
    I hope mods don't count it as spam, trying to avoid this thread turning into a show off how good my PC is thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hypermuse wrote: »
    PC specs released!

Twitter

Recom PC specs:
    Win XP/7,
    quad-core Intel/AMD CPU,
    4GB RAM,
    6GB HD,
    DX compat snd card,

Min PC specs:
    dual core 2GB,
    2GB RAM,

Started a thread in Elder scrolls forum.. prob the most appropriate place to discuss/show off!
    I hope mods don't count it as spam, trying to avoid this thread turning into a show off how good my PC is thread!

huzzah!!!!!! I make the recom specs,gtx 260,core 2 quad Q9330 @ 2.50GHZ 4GIGS RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

gta5 just completely took my mind of this :D which is great seeing as i wouldnt be able to play it til December anyway, are those recommended a bit low for anyone else's liking? my i7 920 and gtx 460 should be more than enough for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My PC is good!!

ragecomic.png

Edit: So if you buy the DVD-Rom, will you have to activate it through Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

are those recommended a bit low for anyone else's liking? my i7 920 and gtx 460 should be more than enough for it :(

minimum is what you need to literally get it up and running..

Recommended will let you run high settings but not ultra..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

with all the talk people were having of upgrading their computers I was getting a little bit concerned skyrim might actually need a beast of a machine to run on top settings.. glad to see those specs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So glad I upgraded, shall be running it with absolutely everything on max!! Can't wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

gta5 just completely took my mind of this :D which is great seeing as i wouldnt be able to play it til December anyway, are those recommended a bit low for anyone else's liking? my i7 920 and gtx 460 should be more than enough for it :(
    The minimum specs are about where you'd expect them to be when you take into account it has to run on the equivalent of a 7800GTX in the PS3.
    with all the talk people were having of upgrading their computers I was getting a little bit concerned skyrim might actually need a beast of a machine to run on top settings.. glad to see those specs
    It may still need a beast for the actual top settings. Oblivion didn't need particularly huge video requirements, but wasn't playable at full detail in non dual gpu setups until the 8800GTX came out 6 months after it released.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm hoping for top settings to get the most out of it, but we will see. I always had to play morrowind and oblivion on **** pcs, now i have a good one for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Been playing Oblivion the last day or two all over again. Finally realized that playing a thief or a mage gets old quick, and I should have been running headlong into every situation with an axe and sword all along. Seriously cuts down on the time you waste exploring dungeons and gates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haha yeah I'm doing the same. Set up 2 pcs on my desk and myself and my gf started together. She is a khajit...or a cat as she calls it. I am always a mage with a bow, have tried using a sword and light armour this time, it's so much faster! I didnt change the difficulty scaling. things are a ****ing bitch to kill. As I'm leveling up I'm only getting +2 to my stats instead of +5 so I may just be leveling too fast.

actually jsut avoiding most the dungeons for now, i did them all before but never actually did the main quest. I see something and it's shiny so I go off and do that, then I never get back to actually finishing the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Stolen shamelessly from RPS:
    hypermuse wrote: »

Min PC specs:
    dual core 2GB,
    2GB RAM,

Recom PC specs:
    Win XP/7,
    quad-core Intel/AMD CPU,
    4GB RAM,
    6GB HD,
    DX compat snd card,
    Heh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Blowfish wrote: »
    Stolen shamelessly from RPS:
    Heh :)
    Ha, didnt notice that. I'm fecked then!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm sound for processor and ram, only just under the recommended for graphics with my 4870. I should still be ok though. I am tempted to use this as an excuse just to upgrade for the hell of it. :)

4870 is still a solid card.

was there every any clarification on how much DX11 it would use?

actually jsut avoiding most the dungeons for now, i did them all before but never actually did the main quest. I see something and it's shiny so I go off and do that, then I never get back to actually finishing the game!
    Yep. I used to be a notorious dungeoneer but am just kinda blowing into the storyline this time around. Got a nice set of armor and weapons when I lifted the seige from Battlehorn Castle and went pretty much straight to Kvatch.

i have a 4870 in a pc too, should do the trick fine for you!

Overheal wrote: »
    Yep. I used to be a notorious dungeoneer but am just kinda blowing into the storyline this time around. Got a nice set of armor and weapons when I lifted the seige from Battlehorn Castle and went pretty much straight to Kvatch.

am past kvatch and all i have is kvatch gear, my best! I dont want to take the swords and stuff from the magic stones i see as Im low level and the gear will be crap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I know it will run it fine but I want eye bleedingly gorgeous graphics. I won't be satisfied with less than ultra high. :)

Ye I might need to pick up another 560 ti just in case :p

you could get a second 4870 for cheap enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Actually disappointed with hard drive usage. Was thinking it'd be much higher, past 10GB at least

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I should be ok with the specs (though I have a 4650 which a few games eat for breakfast), either way if I do get any trouble there'll be tweaks released not too long after.

Just checking up graphics card prices, seems they've gone up in price. I remember seeing 2GB 6950 for under €230 before. Cheapest seems to be €260-ish. Not impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, i should be able to play it on low specs anyway. My Core 2 Duo e6600, and ati 4890 really just doesn't cut it these days. I really want to upgrade, and i might be able to in the next few weeks, but than i might not be able to eat for the month....decisions decisions.
    Just checking up graphics card prices, seems they've gone up in price. I remember seeing 2GB 6950 for under €230 before. Cheapest seems to be €260-ish. Not impressed.

€230 on hardwareversand. Gonna go for the GTX560 myself, but this was what i was originally going for.

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44149&agid=1165

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

€200+ to upgrade graphics cards just to play a new game... ill stick with my console thanks. may not be superior graphics but save me a few hundred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Kiith wrote: »
    Gonna go for the GTX560 myself,

Just a heads up, overclockers.co.uk are giving away Arkham City for the PC with their GTX 560 cards at the moment. Haven't done a price comparison so may not be worth it (or you may not be interested in the game) but it seems like a good deal.

http://overclockers.co.uk/search_results.php?sortby=&groupid=&search=gtx+560

Nodferatu wrote: »
    €200+ to upgrade graphics cards just to play a new game... ill stick with my console thanks. may not be superior graphics but save me a few hundred.

A PC is more expensive than a console? This is brand new information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Nodferatu wrote: »

even without upgrading it'll look better on most pc's than it will on your console :)

plus he doesnt need to upgrade to play it, he wants too. the specs needed are old tbh, and cheap enough. plus he could easily get another of the same card fo cheap if he wanted that too.

i wouldnt be too impressed to be playing this on a console

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

danthefan wrote: »
    Just a heads up, overclockers.co.uk are giving away Arkham City for the PC with their GTX 560 cards at the moment. Haven't done a price comparison so may not be worth it (or you may not be interested in the game) but it seems like a good deal.

Tempting!!!!!!!!!! not sure would it be too powerful for my processor or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Tempting!!!!!!!!!! not would it be too powerful for my processor or not though.

Even still the Q9300 is a respectable gaming CPU and certainly powerful enough to feed a single GT 560 without any problem.

Advertisement