Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

ooohhhh to watch or not to watch!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

hypermuse wrote: »
    ooohhhh to watch or not to watch!!! :confused:
    They were removed :( stupid copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Good, it will only spoil the surprise

They were removed :( stupid copyright.

hadn't clicked on the link as I'm in work but was prob gonna watch when I got home..

think I'm happy they are gone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only watched bits of the 2nd video with no sound. Still looks and feels like Oblivion..............which is a good thing :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Good, it will only spoil the surprise

Suppose I agree - this is the first TES game where I actually dont know significant parts of the plot before I pick up the game. Going to keep it that way for myself anyways! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still can't believe how close we are to release day :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Suppose I agree - this is the first TES game where I actually dont know significant parts of the plot before I pick up the game. Going to keep it that way for myself anyways! :D

TES games have a plot? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

glad those links don't work, it would ruin the game completely. hard to resist temptation of clicking a link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

quarryman wrote: »

Of course! Just people tend not to do them :D

I think the fastest Morrowind completion was 4 minutes 19 seconds (it was a speed run).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'm really hoping this game is heavy on the nordic lore. I loved the bloodmoon expansion for morrowwind.

God I hate that stuff :pac:

Prefer a bit of Skooma myself :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

quarryman wrote: »

Meh, I mean the overall plot -
    rise and decline of an empire
    . . . etc. :)

sorry... no spoiler for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,789 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You pretty much have to play as a Nord dont ya. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Overheal wrote: »
    You pretty much have to play as a Nord dont ya. Heh.

And wear a helmet with horns.

this is one thing that perplexes me a bit.. The main character they are constantly showing in the game is a Nord.. In gameplay, statues of him, he on the official Skyrim forum!

Seems a bit strange to me why they have epitomised this character so much when you get to choose to be any character/race you want!

I guess since Skyrim is based in a Nord country thats the reasoning behind it.. Or perhaps hes actually an important character you meet in the game??

hypermuse wrote: »
    this is one thing that perplexes me a bit.. The main character they are constantly showing in the game is a Nord.. In gameplay, statues of him, he on the official Skyrim forum!

Seems a bit strange to me why they have epitomised this character so much when you get to choose to be any character/race you want!

I guess since Skyrim is based in a Nord country thats the reasoning behind it.. Or perhaps hes actually an important character you meet in the game??

Bethesda usually do that though, they did the same with Oblivion where they always had the Imperial character wearing the full Imperial armour in all of their trailers for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,789 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I really don't mind it. I'm usually piss poor at picking a character anyway. And now that I think of it the more ideal classes to play for each game (Morrowind/Oblivion) would have been Dark Elf / Imperial. Not that it really matters. If you want to run around as a firebreathing kitten thief, I don't think a commercial is going to stop you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RufustheKing

I really don't mind it. I'm usually piss poor at picking a character anyway. And now that I think of it the more ideal classes to play for each game (Morrowind/Oblivion) would have been Dark Elf / Imperial. Not that it really matters. If you want to run around as a firebreathing kitten thief, I don't think a commercial is going to stop you.

I don't know how many times i played Oblivion and felt i had to start again because of a mistake i though i made when designing my character. But it's going to be Dark elf again for me.

its a dark elf for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Actually, I always found the Breton were the best race, especially in Oblivion.

Inbuilt 50% magic resistance with another 50% from the mundane ring means you are completely immune to magic. Combine that with enough shield sigil stones to get you the max (85%) physical damage resistance and top it off with a daedric dagger which absorbs life and you are pretty much unkillable.

You end up not actually needing armour. I spent most of my time running around in a fetching dress, corset, silk shoes and gloves and nothing could touch me.

Bretons don't have the same perks as Morrowind/Oblivion, they have a resist to Shock in Skyrim rather than Magicka in Oblivion. The Dragonskin this time absorbs Magicka rather than resisting damage AFAIK. So their magic resistance this time isn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im always a breton

ill have to see for this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone got a link to that leaked half an hour of gameplay? wont be able to play until December so i dont mind spoiling it somewhat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

11 days til 11/11/11 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wild horses couldn't get me to look at that video.

Advertisement