Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blowfish wrote: »
    Actually, I always found the Breton were the best race, especially in Oblivion.

Inbuilt 50% magic resistance with another 50% from the mundane ring means you are completely immune to magic. Combine that with enough shield sigil stones to get you the max (85%) physical damage resistance and top it off with a daedric dagger which absorbs life and you are pretty much unkillable.

You end up not actually needing armour. I spent most of my time running around in a fetching dress, corset, silk shoes and gloves and nothing could touch me.
    Yeah if you want easy mode, I suppose.

I've learned not to place too much importance on that sort of character creation stuff, it just affects how challenging or piss easy some sections of the games are. I still kind of enjoy mortality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I always choose Imperial, I dont know why.. especially as I usually go the mage as it would be better to go dark elf.

Ah sure we will see in 11 days :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Redguard for me, though since is Skyrim might go with the story and be a Nord

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So what platform are guys getting it on?and who's getting the collectors edition?

My PS3 has RLOD so PC, though i was getting it on PC anyway plus it's a steam activation so you'll always have it, just hope it comes with xbox controller support

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Crosáidí wrote: »
    My PS3 has RLOD so PC, though i was getting it on PC anyway plus it's a steam activation so you'll always have it, just hope it comes with xbox controller support

Me too! I was gonna order a controller especially for it

use your ps3 controller

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So what platform are guys getting it on?and who's getting the collectors edition?

Standard edition for the PC for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Venom wrote: »
    Standard edition for the PC for me.
    Ditto. Although might pre-order for the fancy schmancy map.

360 for me, this old bird couldnt handle bejewelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

pc for mods alone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when i pull the life from a Dragon i want to be able to look into it's eyes and see it's lifeforce slip away
    ...so PC for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PC for superior graphics... with a 360 controller :D

I work at a retail store sooooo I will have pictures up of the preorder map as soon as they come in. Give it another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

PS3 on my asian pureisuteeshyon.

Extremely jealous of you PC people! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

pc for mods alone

AFAIK the console versions are supposed to be getting mod support as well (perhaps maybe the xbox360 only), but the mod community for PC will be many many times more. Which is why I always prefer going PC also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was definitely going to go for the pc version, but after the disaster that was Battlefield 3, i might have to reconsider. My pc just isn't up to scratch these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

PC, dont think id bother if it was console.

hope i get the good map from amazon!?

Pre-ordered from Gamestop so hoping to get it on the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Going with the Xbox version myself. Too expensive to upgrade my Pc.

Watched the 23 min video....
    Dont really like how you have just escaped and yet you are still able to kill the guards in one or two swipes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Pre-ordered from Gamestop so hoping to get it on the Thursday
    I've preordered it from Game, wondering now would they do the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

PS3 for me. Would love to get PC version if I had the cash/space to get a nice new one. But I hope it'll be just as enjoyable!

Elrollo wrote: »
    I've preordered it from Game, wondering now would they do the same thing?
    Well the express delivery from Gamestop seems to be reliable for getting it the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The xbox version has leaked so watch out for spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Just pre-ordered my copy for PC! On Friday week I'll be dropping off the face of the earth for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone know what if anything the bricks and mortar shops are offering in terms of pre-orders? Don't recall seeing anything advertised in HMV when I was in last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone know what if anything the bricks and mortar shops are offering in terms of pre-orders? Don't recall seeing anything advertised in HMV when I was in last weekend.
    All preorders get a high quality map with the game. It's different from the one in the box. think I remember reading that it had a cloth texture to it, something along the lines of a burlap type material.
    Dont think they are going down the road of fragmented retailer specific DLC, which is always a good thing.

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/23/get-a-premium-skyrim-map-with-your-preorder/

I just found links to download this game. I wish i had a chipped xbox :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and all preorders get it? Just weird i dont see mention of it most the time, youd think the seller would promote that.

Advertisement