Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I just found links to download this game. I wish i had a chipped xbox :pac:

You're reading my mind man. But I love playing xbox live. Hmmmm .... another spare modded console might be in order ;)

think a new one is only 185 in gamestop. surely there are ones cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

and all preorders get it? Just weird i dont see mention of it most the time, youd think the seller would promote that.
    Yeah, it seems odd. Not widely mentioned. Send the retailer an email to confirm it. Report back here if you do (please). I emailed Gamestop ages ago to confirm that there would be a map with the preorders. They said yes, but that was before I knew there was going to be a map in there either way. I now assume they were referring to the regular old map.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have emailed amazon, so we will see. :)
    You should try gamestop to see, it seems odd that it's so secret...

I have emailed amazon, so we will see. :)
    You should try gamestop to see, it seems odd that it's so secret...
    Right. I'll check with them...again. :)

Edit:email sent to gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

is it unlikely i'll get a copy of this in the shop on the day without preordering or something? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

bluewolf wrote: »
    is it unlikely i'll get a copy of this in the shop on the day without preordering or something? :confused:

Nah, there's no way it will sell out. I'm just going to pick it up in shop i think, as i'm not yet sure if i'll be able to afford it this month without trading something in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

bluewolf wrote: »

Assuming you are buying the PC version I would be surprised if you couldn't find a copy on the half of the bottom shelf dedicated to PC. I'm going to chance it and failing that bite the bullet and pay Valve their usual extortionate fee if I must.

Kiith wrote: »
    Nah, there's no way it will sell out. I'm just going to pick it up in shop i think, as i'm not yet sure if i'll be able to afford it this month without trading something in.
    Trade in against a preorder? That way you should be getting the high quality map too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im gona go into gamestop in carlow and see if they will be stocking the pc version.. hope to god they are, i have 4-5 games to trade in and hopefully only pay 20 for skyrim. dont fancy shelling out the full 50 on steam.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

At least you wouldnt have to get it for 50 on steam when you could use another cheaper site to get the key!

• Advertisement

hrm, true. hadn't considered that :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just found links to download this game. I wish i had a chipped xbox :pac:

Tell me more please :) *is desperate to play skyrim*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

360 version leaked.......bloody pc pirates ruining it for everyone again :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Confirmed that Amazon have the premium quality map bonus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

...ahem

23 euro?

well then

just gotta hope they send out cdkeys quickly.. hate to spend all day friday waiting

--edit

ugh, 3v apparently no longer do vouchers under 30 euro
    so i'd have to pay 32.50 for a 30 euro voucher and then have useless change left on the voucher

bastards

23 euro?christ thats good,I'd nearly go with them if I hadn't already pre ordered the collectors edition

I was considering them but it's been sold out a while so went with amazon for 32ish and the good map.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

3v apparently no longer do vouchers under 30 euro
    so i'd have to pay 32.50 for a 30 euro voucher and then have useless change left on the voucher

bastards

You can transfer money left over on to other vouchers for 2.50 per voucher. More details on 3v.ie
    I have 60 euro left over from last year:eek:

• Advertisement

yeah but that's a fiver wasted buying the voucher and then transferring the change across

yeah but that's a fiver wasted buying the voucher and then transferring the change across

o2 money card?they charge 80 per transaction if you have online banking and transfer the money to your card that way or you could just go into any o2 shop and buy the voucher :pac:

get a debit card man, best thing i ever got :P
    3v cards are disasters with change, charges, expiry etc

plus i dont know if that site will get them back in stock

hrm, could look at the o2 money card alright.. always meant to but I just got the 3v card cos the shop in town sells the vouchers

and i want a debit card :( think aib is bringing themn in next year

hrm, could look at the o2 money card alright.. always meant to but I just got the 3v card cos the shop in town sells the vouchers

and i want a debit card :( think aib is bringing themn in next year

Ya next year I heard.

sooner the better, but then it's hard not to spend spend spend. especially on deal sites.
    I just went into tsb one day and they offered to turn my atm into a debit, scoreeee. Think it's the default card now.

I really hated using 3v, could never go back to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Confirmed that Amazon have the premium quality map bonus. :)
    Yeah, they say it ont he website now. I take it it'll be a few days after launch before we'd get it delivered?

YES i made amazon change their product and make more money. I feel so accomplished.

should be a few days ye, at least it says they ship on the 10th?

I really hated using 3v, could never go back to that!

Nor could I *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,792 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I know Irish banks aren't nearly as predatory as US banks but seriously why do so many folks have issues buying goods online??

I think it's pretty damn strange your check card isn't automatically a debit.

Anyway I wouldnt want a CD key, then you wouldn't get a map, or a MAP.

Advertisement