Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Exactly. You could be fighting 1 dragon and then another two will swoop down to join the party!

well that's the plan anyway :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you're a son of a bitch tar :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/13/10-essential-fallout-3-mods/

found this after a quick google, i'll have to look later on and see which mods work together well

i also did a quick google for dragon age: origins mods.. now I can't decide whether to play fo3 or da:o
    those mods look sweet!
    Kiith wrote: »
    Some of the mods for Dragon Age are...hardcore.

:eek:

how so?

I have DA, but im not sure if its origins or 2...not played it much either.

Edit: apparently i have dragon age origins ultimate edition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well thats several hours now, fallout 3 installed 4 times and I am just goign to give up on modding it altogether

cant even be arsed installing it again to play it vanilla

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

well thats several hours now, fallout 3 installed 4 times and I am just goign to give up on modding it altogether

Back to anticipating Skyrim so...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just to spite you i installed it again

apparently fo3 hates my two monitors. disabled 1 of them and vanilla starts fine.

now i can try modding it all again

pc gaming.. who needs to actually play games, installing them is half the fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Question..

I played morrowind and oblivion for PC n nver on console..

Was it ever made possible to get mods as DLC for consoles?? :confused:

Skyrim is a PS3 job for me unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Gamestops opening at midnight:
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim Midnight launches in the following stores next Thursday! Letterkenny, Dundalk, Derry, Belfast Patrick Street Cork, William Street Limerick, Waterford, Pavilions Swords and Henry Street Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Nah guys Dragons don't work like that, you can't have more than one fighting you at once..according to todd anyway, they used to have it like that but it was too hard. One can come straight after the other though.

Also no hypermuse no mods on consoles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Nah guys Dragons don't work like that, you can't have more than one fighting you at once..according to todd anyway, they used to have it like that but it was too hard. One can come straight after the other though.

But there still unscripted right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the magic of mods will probably allow it to happen again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

where did you get the info on those stores opening? source?
    the closer were getting to release the more I'm considering the collectors edition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they should be able to come at once, and then you should have to run away. id like it to be hard

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

But there still unscripted right?
    Yeah still unscripted, there are 6 types of dragon which are unscripted I assume, then there are named ones who sit in certain areas or are quest enemies such as the one in the first hour and the one for the fighters guild quest(I think FG, might just be main quest). The 6 types can come at any time etc, after you advance a little in the main quest.

If they came at once you'd probably die since a single one of them is suppose to be a mini boss, it looks hard focusing on one giant flying thing let alone two or three, Todd said there was three around him and it felt liek lord of the rings or something, he was just running away and had no chance, felt cool in it's own way but that's not what dragons are intended to be in it. It's hard to run away from Dragons though if you think about it. Far as I know, you can't jump 200 meters like Morrowind, and there ain't a recall spell etc.

Yeah still unscripted, there are 6 types of dragon which are unscripted I assume, then there are named ones who sit in certain areas or are quest enemies such as the one in the first hour and the one for the fighters guild quest(I think FG, might just be main quest). The 6 types can come at any time etc, after you advance a little in the main quest.

If they came at once you'd probably die since a single one of them is suppose to be a mini boss, it looks hard focusing on one giant flying thing let alone two or three, Todd said there was three around him and it felt liek lord of the rings or something, he was just running away and had no chance, felt cool in it's own way but that's not what dragons are intended to be in it. It's hard to run away from Dragons though if you think about it. Far as I know, you can't jump 200 meters like Morrowind, and there ain't a recall spell etc.

Interesting stuff :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yep, i've always had issues running away from dragons. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,794 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

normally I have to chase them...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

gonna be heading back to Seyda Neen at some point over the next few days ! Ah it'll be nice to be back in the middle of Elder Scrolls lore again. Morrowind is still my favourite ever game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nodferatu wrote: »
    where did you get the info on those stores opening? source?
    the closer were getting to release the more I'm considering the collectors edition.

Gamestops facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I was staying reasonably calm about this but since the start of the week I've been flipping out waiting!!

Gah I can't wait to get it!

Talk about horrible timing though cause I'm in my last year of college :P

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I was staying reasonably calm about this but since the start of the week I've been flipping out waiting!!

Gah I can't wait to get it!

Talk about horrible timing though cause I'm in my last year of college :P

thats not all that bad, im in london for the month so no skyrim for me until December :mad: god damn it

• Advertisement

thats not all that bad, im in london for the month so no skyrim for me until December :mad: god damn it

How bad sure..........I was actually tempted to cancel my order so I can play it over xmas but they probably wouldn't hold my CE that long :o

i do have a 3ds and have saved OoT as ive never played it before :D heard its meant to be good, also playing .....pokemon white, what a weirdly addictive game that is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Overheal wrote: »
    normally I have to chase them...

You know you never catch it, right? pacman.gif

I'm hoping that all the bugs are ironed out of skyrim by the time i get a new laptop that can actually play it, i.e. sometime next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

no mark/recall??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

bluewolf wrote: »
    no mark/recall??

Was there Mark/Recall in Oblivion? (I can't remember!)

I know they got rid of some spells in Oblivion from Morrowind (Levitate etc). I DO remember Mark/Recall in Morrowind though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Was there Mark/Recall in Oblivion? (I can't remember!)

I know they got rid of some spells in Oblivion from Morrowind (Levitate etc). I DO remember Mark/Recall in Morrowind though

I just started playing it again but no, apparently not, you had to get mods for it

:(

i suppose with fast travel it wasn't as vital but no need to be taking it out

I just started playing it again but no, apparently not, you had to get mods for it

:(

i suppose with fast travel it wasn't as vital but no need to be taking it out

some one will make a mod for it no doubt ;s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

no mark/recall??

I looked this up the other day because I used to love those spells in Morrowind.
    What is interesting is Howard’s response to why mark/recall will not be reappearing in Skyrim:

We were really limited in Morrowind because the player could recall or levitate out of many situations and break them. There was a lot of good gameplay and level design work that we just couldn’t do and now we can. Back then it seemed like many good ideas we had were shot down when another designer would say “oh yeah, I just levitate or recall away.” So we got rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

If it's anything like morrowind/ oblivion you have to have the mods in a certain load order or else the game might be unstable or mods can interfer with one another.
    http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/How_to_handle_load_order

If you are a member of the something awful forums they have a pretty good guide.

Advertisement