Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, i had the load orders done right according to the various help files and videos I checked

i managed to get the textures and FOOK2 working right.. but when I tried to install wanderers edition it all ****ed up again

im sure I just did something wrong, or installed **** in the wrong order

i might give itanother go today but I just got so frustrated yesterday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just booked off next Friday and Monday...

4 day Elder Scrolls session! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Kiith wrote: »
    I just booked off next Friday and Monday...

4 day Elder Scrolls session! :pac:

NICE!!

Might just try pull a sickie myself or else suggest working from home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I think Ill just defer a year in college, project work and assignments are just going to get in the way.

nah, but I'm really looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

they should be able to come at once, and then you should have to run away. id like it to be hard

You want hard dragons? The Dark Souls thread is in this forum too. Enjoy reading about people raging in there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yeah, i had the load orders done right according to the various help files and videos I checked

i managed to get the textures and FOOK2 working right.. but when I tried to install wanderers edition it all ****ed up again

im sure I just did something wrong, or installed **** in the wrong order

i might give itanother go today but I just got so frustrated yesterday

Mate, just play vanilla. Its still very good. I played with no mods on my first playthrough. There are some good mods for textures, some good radio mods, a better inventory mod, etc. but the game is still fun without them.

You have a week till skyrim. Don't waste it with crashes and frustration. Play vanilla FO3 and enjoy the wasteland until the 11th arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,794 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mark and levitate were cool and all but theyre right it could be used to skip a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As much as im looking forward to this game for so long BF3 has me by the short and curlies in a big way, how the fcuk am i gonna play both and SWTOR coming for xmas :eek:

Dcully wrote: »
    As much as im looking forward to this game for so long BF3 has me by the short and curlies in a big way, how the fcuk am i gonna play both and SWTOR coming for xmas :eek:
    See I don't have that problem since I told my AV to flag origin.exe as malware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I don't want to find the dragon fights is just an 1 hour finger bashing session and thats what makes it "difficult".

The CE seems a little bit underwhelming. A Plastic statue that doesnt even look liek a ferocious dragon, a making of DVD that you can get alll over youtube soon as released and an art book(which seems the only postive) all for €150! noway man!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i hate the way difficulty is just hitting buttons more oblivion is case and point. perhaps having to think about fights would be good. I love the realism of having to run away, or even when there are areas that are too strong for you right now but you train for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

i hate the way difficulty is just hitting buttons more oblivion is case and point. perhaps having to think about fights would be good. I love the realism of having to run away, or even when there are areas that are too strong for you right now but you train for them.
    You had to think reaally hard about the fights in Oblivion if you had the difficulty up... at least I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

was passing gamestop today around lunchtime and a courier was pulled up outside with a pallet ful of boxes, he was hauling in big brown boxes which looked about the size of the skyrim CE version. now could have been anything in them but it gott me thinking how soon before a game is released do game shops get the game.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    was passing gamestop today around lunchtime and a courier was pulled up outside with a pallet ful of boxes, he was hauling in big brown boxes which looked about the size of the skyrim CE version. now could have been anything in them but it gott me thinking how soon before a game is released do game shops get the game.

It would make alot more sense if it was MW3...

Dont see why Skyrim would be instore that early when it would be more practical to keep it in larger warehouse storage then in an actual shop!

as late to the street date as is feasible, to minimise sellers breaking the date on titles. which is good for the publisher and the seller, who usually gets fined thousands and thousands per violation.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

bluewolf wrote: »
    no mark/recall??

As far as we know there isn't...there is telerporting I think though...short distance. Unless some previews and devs were lying(again)...It's for combat though unlike fast travel kind of thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone fancy going on a raid :cool:?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gamestop emailed me back there and said that the only map that came with preorders was the paper one in the box. I dont know anymore. I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Gamestop emailed me back there and said that the only map that came with preorders was the paper one in the box. I dont know anymore. I give up.

Hopefully, Game get the cloth map then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

and apparently the collectors edition gets a papery cloth like map also, same as the standard. so where is this cloth map then?

• Advertisement

and apparently the collectors edition gets a papery cloth like map also, same as the standard. so where is this cloth map then?

Bethesda said it'd be in every preorder. Amazon have it at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just found out im working all evening on 11/11/11.:(

Plan is to pick up my copy Friday morning before heading to work. Then i have 3 hours to install and play before having to go to bed to get up for work again at 6 in the morning.

Seriously considering not sleeping that night.:D

Reminds me of that episode of South Park where they get the gamesphere and they keep calculating how much time they can have to play.

Just found out im working all evening on 11/11/11.:(

Plan is to pick up my copy Friday morning before heading to work. Then i have 3 hours to install and play before having to go to bed to get up for work again at 6 in the morning.

Seriously considering not sleeping that night.:D

Reminds me of that episode of South Park where they get the gamesphere and they keep calculating how much time they can have to play.

that was the 1st ever Towely episode I think wasn't it!!

brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

titan18 wrote: »
    Hopefully, Game get the cloth map then

was in Game earlier, no cloth map there either. :(

was in Game earlier, no cloth map there either. :(

Eurghhhhhhhhh.Might end up having to buy a separate copy for the cloth map then

If true Bethesda will cause a small ****storm on launch day.

Overheal wrote: »
    If true Bethesda will cause a small ****storm on launch day.

Aye,only getting a physical copy for the map. If it aint there, it'll be Steam and preorder from Amazon since they have it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are people really that bothered about a map? :eek:

I couldnt give a **** as long as the game works tbh.

joe123 wrote: »

Ya,I want the map.Would also quite like the bronze statue of Dovahkiin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

joe123 wrote: »

WHile I won't be too pushed, I did preorder so would like the nicer map. But if I don't get it I won't be too upset. Skyrim itself should make it forgettable anyway!

Advertisement