Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Went into GameStop today and asked about pre ordering. They told me it'd be 3 euro. Is this 3 euro then deducted off the final purchase price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

KonFusion wrote: »
    Went into GameStop today and asked about pre ordering. They told me it'd be 3 euro. Is this 3 euro then deducted off the final purchase price?
    Yes, and 3 euro is the least you can pay, I payed for it straight up so i just have to walk into the store and I'll get it handed to me for free now because i payed for it weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

joe123 wrote: »
    Are people really that bothered about a map? :eek:
    YES GOD DAMNIT.

also a pretty belated HEADS UP to the collector folk: I already missed out AND I WORK AT THE STORE, but stores are getting floor-height skyrim statues for the launch.

You should be able to go into the stores that will be carrying the statue and get dibs on them. Speak to the managers.

Works at Best Buy anyway, we've been doing it for years. Mainly on cardboard cutouts for movie releases. We set Justin Beiber on fire though. Nobody wanted him. Nobody loved him.

skyrim-statue-dovahkiin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

well f**k... id easily pay a weeks wages for that bronze statue

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yes, and 3 euro is the least you can pay, I payed for it straight up so i just have to walk into the store and I'll get it handed to me for free now because i payed for it weeks ago.

I preordered mine in HMV Liffey Valley yesterday. I wasn't asked to pay anything up front.

One week to go people, is it wrong to be this excited at my age!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Not at all, I'm the same! My OH even knows the name of it at this stage,he said to me yesterday "I won't be seeing you for a while when it comes out,will I?" :D Now just have to decide whether to get it on Xbox or PS3 :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Todd's a bloody genius :P

Christopher Plummer sounds great as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Thanks for that Kiith - was a good watch. I must admit I was one of those complaining about Oblivion's voice acting (lack of variety especially) so that was very reassuring. Nice to see the cast put a bit of oomph into it too... always felt Liam Neeson phoned it in for FO3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Would you recommend getting this for xbox or pc?

I'd like to play it on my tv so thinking xbox might be better. Or would it work fine if I hooked my laptop up to the tv? I've never tried that with a game before.

From what I gather the main reason for getting the pc version is the mods, and better graphics depending on your specs.

The thing is I've never used mods in a game before so not sure if I would this time either. And my laptop is probably going to run it on medium settings (have a Nvidia GT555m). How would that compare to the consoles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

osh wrote: »

I'd like to play it on my tv so thinking xbox might be better. Or would it work fine if I hooked my laptop up to the tv? I've never tried that with a game before.

From what I gather the main reason for getting the pc version is the mods, and better graphics depending on your specs.

The thing is I've never used mods in a game before so not sure if I would this time either. And my laptop is probably going to run it on medium settings (have a Nvidia GT555m). How would that compare to the consoles?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ go to that website and click on skyrim and it should you if you laptop will run it or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

get it for pc, hook said pc up to tv through a hdmi cable, plug in a 360 contoller,..... ?, profit :D seriously that shouldnt even be a question you should be asking if you have a pc good enough to run at least medium, mods will be insane for this game, anything you want but isnt in the game will probably be modded in

Thanks yeah you're probably right. I guess it's just because I've never used mods in a game before.

I'll go and purchase now. Any good places to pre-order for pc? I read you get a map with Amazon I think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks yeah I checked a link to another forum earlier in this thread and it should run it at a medium or medium/high setting.

I was just wondering do you think it's better to get the pc version even if I don't plan on using mods?

oh.....I'm not sure,I'd say go with console and play on a big screen if you have one.then again the pc version is cheaper,you've no interest in mods no?

Ya Ignore what I said above and go with what Icyseanfitz said :D

oh.....I'm not sure,I'd say go with console and play on a big screen if you have one.then again the pc version is cheaper,you've no interest in mods no?

my logic wins, im so proud right now :D

come on! its not like you cant do that with the pc version

See above post :)

re: see above post :p

Cheers guys, that's why I edited following seeing Icyseanfitz's post, no arguing with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You need a special cable to get a 360 controller to work on pc don't you? The ordinary charge ones don't work as far as I know.

You need a special cable to get a 360 controller to work on pc don't you? The ordinary charge ones don't work as far as I know.

From a (very) quick google the other day, I think you just need to download some program to your pc, no cables needed.

But I haven't tried it yet so I could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

From a (very) quick google the other day, I think you just need to download some program to your pc, no cables needed.

But I haven't tried it yet so I could be wrong

I tried that before and it didn't work for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Grab one of these and pretty much all 360 peripherals will work.

[edit] If you want it for Skyrim though, grab it from somewhere than where I linked. Dealextreme are great and all, but delivery can be 2-3 weeks.

yeah should be easy enough, although i just have a wired 360 controller which is brilliant as i can just plug it straight in and have no battery worries :D seriously i would advise ye to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

you can get a wireless adaptor to get the wireless ones to work, as the charge cable doesnt seem to carry the data connections. Unfort dont know if theres a cable that does.. please link if you find one though! The wireless adaptors appear to burn out over time (few years), cba buying another..

The wired xbox controllers work without issue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've the wireless transmitter for the pc as well, and it works perfectly. Highly recommended. The PS3 joypad works without any extra hardware though. You can just download an application to configure it.

Good stuff, just picked up this one here as well as the game itself!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Kiith wrote: »
    The PS3 joypad works without any extra hardware though. You can just download an application to configure it.

Motioninjoy its called for whoever is interested. Tried it myself and it works, but being a recent keyboard convert I don't see myself going back to the joypad (cracked solder joints in my PS3 kind of made the decision for me :D ).

yeah should be easy enough, although i just have a wired 360 controller which is brilliant as i can just plug it straight in and have no battery worries :D seriously i would advise ye to get one

Got one of them off amazon today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kiith wrote: »

No kidding.

There is a great video up on gametrailers.com of a panel of gaming head honcho's at PAX.

They had Todd Howard(Elder scrolls), Ken Levine(Bioshock), and David Jaffe(God of War). They got their opinions on all things gaming and let the audience ask questions.

All it served to do was highlight how much smarter Todd Howard and Ken Levine are and how much of a moron Jaffe is. I liked God of War, but when you hear the guy talk you realise how he stumbled onto it and he won't have another mega hit again. You could tell the other two had vision..... and he just had guts and boobs. Howard was talking about how to build a game people want to play and Jaffe was just waffling nonsensically.

I hope Skyrim and Bioshock infinite sell millions and millions of copies because the industry needs guys like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Does any one know if any where is having a midnight opening for Skyrim?

Advertisement