Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chefburns wrote: »
    Does any one know if any where is having a midnight opening for Skyrim?

Select gamestop stores around the country are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Order it off Gamestop and get it a day early! I got deus ex on a Tuesday and FIFA 12 Thursday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

joe123 wrote: »
    Order it off Gamestop and get it a day early! I got deus ex on a Tuesday and FIFA 12 Thursday.

theres no guarantee you'll get it early though,I got deus ex and fifa early like you but rage came on the friday -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oblivion's voice acting was bizarre

beggar: weak voice, can i have a coin please
    then you ask him some rumours and he switches to another male voice very imperious

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bluewolf wrote: »
    oblivion's voice acting was bizarre

beggar: weak voice, can i have a coin please
    then you ask him some rumours and he switches to another male voice very imperious

:rolleyes:

:p

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im definitely sensitive to the music and sounds.

It was bad enough when they changed voices but it was even kinda annoying how it sounded like one byte was recorded 2 days later than the other, even if by the same voice actor.

The other thing was the damn music. Not that it sucked but you'd be strolling through a meadow with an epic violin theme and all of the sudden it would just stop abruptly and battle music would start playing until you found and killed the mudcrab who decided you were walking on his back lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Exactly. They need to start using an overlay system. The main music keeps playing and if its a minor enemy like a wolf or crab or something....than there is a quiet, demure battle music that plays alongside the main theme.

If its a stronger enemy by all means go into full orchestra apocalypse mode......but not for some flying bug that I one shot. It's annoying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I agree it was a bit annoying but I always found a bit helpful. Like if an enemy snuck up from behind the music would come on and you knew s**t was about to go down!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

My new PC arrived today! Beast of a machine complete with a 7.1 Surrounded Sound Headset. Bring on next friday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rang Game today, and I was told they don't know if they'll have the maps yet, but will know by Tuesday

If anyones interested, before this gets taken down. Im skipping bits as to try not spoil much alot is just random fighting and exploring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Chefburns wrote: »
    Does any one know if any where is having a midnight opening for Skyrim?
    I was going to suggest Smyths, as they're doing it for MW3 and Arkham City... but it doesn't look like they're carrying the PC version of Skyrim :mad: (their entire PC section is gone to shit). Still, if you're looking for it on console, might be worth giving them a bell if they have a branch near ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

joe123 wrote: »

If anyones interested, before this gets taken down. Im skipping bits as to try not spoil much alot is just random fighting and exploring.

It's gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

KonFusion wrote: »
    It's gone...

tbh after the blandfest that was oblivion, that video got me kinda interested in skyrim..it looks like some thought might have gone into the design..as opposed the usual "medieval castle #1" "village #2"

KonFusion wrote: »
    It's gone...

Here ya go, the guy that uploaded them to youtube has re-uploaded them to another site.

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/12235.html

The game looks class, seems more "alive" than oblivion did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

please stop posting links to spoilers, its just too much temptation. its torture trying not to glimpse it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Nodferatu wrote: »
    please stop posting links to spoilers, its just too much temptation. its torture trying not to glimpse it.
    Video wouldn't load for me, so I left it, kind of glad now. :D

I remember playing Oblivion once where I was being chased by someone, some guards stepped in and killed him before walking away a few paces, turning back to the corpse and running to it shouting, "there's been a murder!"

Man, it's things like that that made that game a bit more enjoyable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah, nothing more like Oblivion than a cross-country manhunt for you after you accidently picked up someone else's spoon which would soon descend into mass murder as you vowed not to pay such a measly fine which would then escalate into the thousands as you slaughtered one gaurd after another just to buy yourself extra free time.

Ah, back then genocides were a dime a dozen and would appear at the drop of spoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Ah, nothing more like Oblivion than a cross-country manhunt for you after you accidently picked up someone else's spoon which would soon descend into mass murder as you vowed not to pay such a measly fine which would then escalate into the thousands as you slaughtered one gaurd after another just to buy yourself extra free time.

Ah, back then genocides were a dime a dozen and would appear at the drop of spoon.

Reminds me of this particular story. :Dhttp://www.facepunch.com/threads/631191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Carney93

Don't suppose any of you guys know any where in Dublin that breaks street date's?

I caved in a watched part 2 of those videos that guy uploaded.

Luckily, it's pretty much a more detailed look at the same footage Todd Howard has been showing us over & over again. The combat looks hilarious at just how vicious it is sometimes, I mean that in a good way :)

It is kind of refreshing to see similiar footage with another person explaining what he sees sees. Since I've already seen the official relased footage nothing was spoiled for me, just a better look at the same stuff. Plus, the video is pretty shìtty quality so the visual impact won't have any affect on me until I finally get my mitts on it.

For spoiler sake I just skipped through when he
    entered Redwood, the same village Todd Howard showed us
    and just looked at the bits where he's out in the wilderness

The game feels just like a really beefed up version of Oblivion. Just one more week...............just ooooonnnneee more week............I've waited 4 years................I can wait just one more week..........

When is the review embargo lifted? Usually its midnight sunday for games like this but isnt this a worldwide release on the 11th so im assuming it will be the 10th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Started watching bits of prt 4 but had to stop.

I really don't wanna ruin anything. Even non story related stuff. I want to just start it up on release and be blown away and immersed

Feels like I'm spoiling it by watching parts of it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I remember playing Oblivion once where I was being chased by someone, some guards stepped in and killed him before walking away a few paces, turning back to the corpse and running to it shouting, "there's been a murder!"

Man, it's things like that that made that game a bit more enjoyable for me.

I smoothed over it in my head, calling it Corrupt Police Radiant AI.

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPgTfIGP404h1uWwP6ngj8XYcIpwz5jamuexNI5y0HdD6v9iIkufWwj6Qd

Pay the...............court.............a fine.................or Serve. Your. Sentence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Carney93

I just want to try something and see do any of you guy's no what I am on about/

BEYOND!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Considering all of the leaked footage I was surprised none of you guys investigated/were interested in all the new skill trees the game is bringing in.

So, because I'm such a nice guy, I did it for you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/lzl70/skyrim_skill_trees/

NOTE: Here are the racial features/bonuses. Have fun ~~
    Argonian: natural resistance to diseases, breathe underwater, call upon Histskins to regenerate hp quickly.

Breton: quick and perceptive grasp of spellcraft, boost resistance to magic, can call upon dragonskin power to absorb spells.

Dark  Elf: noted for stealth and magic skills, naturally resistant to fire,  can call upon their Ancestor's Wrath to surround themselves in fire

High Elf: strongly gifted in arcane arts of all the races, can call upon their Highborn power to regenerate Magicka quickly

Imperial:  skilled with combat and magic, get more money when they find gold, can  call upon the voice of the emperor to calm an enemy

Khajit:  intelligent, quick, agile, good theives due to natural stealthiness. can  see in the dark at will and have unarmed claw attacks.

Nord: resistance to cold and "famous as talent as warriors?". can use a battlecry to make opponents flee.

Orc:  smiths are prized for their craftsmanship, heavy armor orcs are among  the finest in the empire, and are fearsome when using their berserker  rage.

Redguard: most naturally talented warriors, have a hardly  constitution and a natural resistance to poison. They can call upon an  Adrenaline Rush in combat. (we're playing as a Redguard)

Wood  Elf: make good scouts and thieves, no finer archers. Natural resistance  to both poisons and diseases. They can control animals to fight for  them.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/m0e2a/complete_list_of_skyrim_race_differences/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

tumblr_lf4nb6ctUM1qck6o1.gif

Only six more days, only six more days, only six more days!

Advertisement