Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads anyone getting the Collectors edition?

I have it preordered but I just dont know will I buy it

its expensive alright, if buying from gamestop you get 2 skyrim graphic comics/novels also, 'infernal city' and 'lord of souls'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I often go Redguard and Adrenaline Rush my way through the dungeons. Might change it about this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i didnt realise wonder woman was the nord/orc voices in oblivion, laughing away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Anyone have an idea what race they're going to be? I'm stuck between khajiit and wood elf.
    Think I'll go with Khajiit although I'm tempted by Nord, just because of the setting. I usually play Dunmer in TES games, so will have a change at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Women Of The World, You’re On Notice

• Do not knock, call out, whisper, whistle, snap your fingers, try to act sexy or in any other way attempt to get our attention. If you require sexual intercourse, please keep your head out from in front of the television.
    • Please make sure you keep us fed and hydrated. Mountain Dew, coffee, and water, in rotation, along with turkey sandwiches and cheese-nips will keep us alive. It’s not much to ask. Now go – you know where the kitchen is.
    • If we are shifting around in our seat and crossing our legs, please bring a bottle, bucket, casserole dish, trash bag or other suitable receptacle for us to pee in. Also, shake it twice. Our hands are busy.
    • If supplies begin to run low, head off to the store and stock up. Hurry back, though, in case we have to pee.
    • If a baby or small child begins to cry, please stop the sound from reaching us. Feed it, water it, change it or take it to your mother’s place but, for god’s sake, don’t just let it squeal away like an injured bunny…Hurry Back!
    • We’re going to need some form of hygiene. A sponge bath, once or twice daily, should keep mold from setting in.
    • If you notice obvious discomfort, application of “icy hot” or creme analgesics to the thumbs and trigger fingers is appreciated. Just make sure you back off if there’s a boss battle.
    • You MAY need to feed us. If so, please make sure you wipe our mouths…don’t forget the little bits of mayo in the corners, please!
    • If we fart and the paint starts to peel, just pretend it was the dog / cat / fish / hamster and deal with it. Remember, we haven’t been eating very healthy recently.
    • Steak, once a week. Baked potato and shrimp lets us know you REALLY love us. Small bites, please, so we don’t choke.
    • If we DO choke, please attempt to perform the Heimlich maneuver without causing us to lose our fix on the TV.

I lol'd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

With Oblivion, I started as a High Elf, might go as a Nord in this

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Anyone have an idea what race they're going to be? I'm stuck between khajiit and wood elf.

Dark Elf. Am i the only one...

I just thought resistance to fire means, me > dragons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Nodferatu wrote: »
    its expensive alright, if buying from gamestop you get 2 skyrim graphic comics also, 'infernal city' and 'lord of souls'

Here's a video of the unboxing

http://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-collectors-edition-unboxing/

Im shocked how big the box is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Carney93 wrote: »
    I just want to try something and see do any of you guy's no what I am on about/

BEYOND!!!!!!!

IGN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

5 more sleeps... or 4 depending on places doing midnight releases. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Breton for me first anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

has to be Nord for the shouts

Crosáidí wrote: »
    has to be Nord for the shouts
    Shouts are for any character, because you're dragonborn. Once you absorb the dragons you kill you can shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

circos wrote: »
    Shouts are for any character, because you're dragonborn. Once you absorb the dragons you kill you can shout.

They sound more epic when you're a Nord though I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

bluewolf wrote: »
    right because none of us women ever play computer games

what a stupid post

Pc brigade out in force!

The cries of dismay are funnier than the post to be honest! Poster posts a post up obviously tongue in cheek.

People need to lighten up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

slug11 wrote: »
    3D games on grafton street are selling it under the counter

Say again? Selling it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

first review released from Atomic mag, u can read the magazine scans of the review here.... sounds great!!

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/11/06/skyrims-first-review-leaked/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nice job getting your brother sacked there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

how is he gonna get sacked

Breaking launch date carries massive fines from the publisher. I'd edit your post and remove the reference to the store if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slug11

---

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

as if u will know who he is

no but the store isnt that big and the shop will get a massie fine and probably lose out on day one stock of future titles, if someone wanted to be really mean they could email a link to this thread to Bethesda :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slug11

yous are jokes taught u might want the game earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

My heart says yes but all my college assignments say no unfortunately, enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You'd rather some people got the game early than your brother keeping his job?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how much is it there :P

So anyone can walk in and go, "Hey, a staff members brother on boards said you have been selling Skyrim early is this true?"

Cant see a manager risking it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

When is the review embargo up? Usually it's Sunday's/ Monday's?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Conor_B

joe123 wrote: »
    When is the review embargo up? Usually it's Sunday's/ Monday's?

Scans of an Australian gaming magazine's review of Skyrim.

http://gamingeverything.com/11519/first-review-of-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-is-in/?pid=7039

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Conor_B wrote: »

Hold the goddamed phone a minute,
    You have to unlock areas of the map before you can go there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Hold the goddamed phone a minute,
    You have to unlock areas of the map before you can go there??

I assume they mean
    the areas don't show up on the map until you actually physically go to them, wasn't it the same for Oblivion and the Fallouts:confused:

Advertisement