Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Sesudra wrote: »
    I assume they mean
    the areas don't show up on the map until you actually physically go to them, wasn't it the same for Oblivion and the Fallouts:confused:

I sure as hell hope that's what they mean. It's just the way they said
    unlock
    though

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I sure as hell hope that's what they mean. It's just the way they said
    unlock
    though
    Edited to put it in spoiler just in case...
    Its the same as fallout etc. Once you go there its on your map, and you can fast travel. There are a few locations already on the map too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just had a slight nerdgasm when i realised that it's out on Friday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yeah id say its Fallout 3 style. Just doesn't show up on your map until you discover the place.

Would be absolute **** if it was an actual unlock though.

I hated how oblivion had certain quests locked "You need to be level 20" for this quest.

Id much rather find out by starting the quest, getting my arsed handed to me and realise myself that I need to level up rather than the game protecting you.

God how I hated Oblivion and its stupid leveling and loot system.

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah id say its Fallout 3 style. Just doesn't show up on your map until you discover the place.

I hated how oblivion had certain quests locked "You need to be level 20" for this quest.

Id much rather find out by starting the quest, getting my arsed handed to me and realise myself that I need to level up rather than the game protecting you.

Its not, believe me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

joe123 wrote: »

Yeah it's just the same as Fallout. Definately. Gonna try the shop tomorrow. I need it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Yeah it's just the same as Fallout. Definately. Gonna try the shop tomorrow. I need it now
    Friday son, its out on friday.

Friday son, its out on friday.
    :pac: I will still try, always liked that shop anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant find a google listing for 3D Games on Grafton St... whats their phone number?
    if someone wanted to be really mean they could email a link to this thread to Bethesda
    I can be

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Overheal wrote: »
    Cant find a google listing for 3D Games on Grafton St... whats their phone number?

I think they are closed last thursday and friday I was gonna go in cus I was looking for an older game and it wasn't open and this was at around 4 in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Carney93

slug11 wrote: »
    yous are jokes taught u might want the game earlier

I do! So what do I do

slug11 wrote: »
    yous are jokes taught u might want the game earlier

Guarantee you half of this thread will be in looking tomorrow. It's likely the shop will get blacklisted because of this though, it depends on if Gamestop etc find out and report them due to business/. Doubt anyone in this thread would be so ****ly....Thanks though. I want it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

If it arrives on Thursday: Yippeeeee!!!!
    If it arrives on Friday: Yippeeeee!!!!
    If it doesn't arrive on either of these days: I'm going to the ****ing pub and avoiding this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Really wish gamestop online were selling this at a reasonable price on pc, it should be cheaper than the console versions.

Hold up, this game is steam activated...does this mean I can't lay till friday if I get it on pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Hold up, this game is steam activated...does this mean I can't lay till friday if I get it on pc?

Awh don't say that! My midnight collection will be for nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Are Steam doing a pre-load?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

grizzly wrote: »
    Are Steam doing a pre-load?
    No doubt. The executable generators wont release until the appropriate launch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Could we potentially unlock it Thursday midday with an Australian proxy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just like to point out girls and guys that it's the 7th of November. I love weeks like this in gaming! The Fever pitch rising.....

Oh bébé.

• Advertisement

Been playing it recently, heres a small insight into the fun im having :D

Ive put it in a spoiler to tempt you all...
    Walking to an orphanage for a pety quest, absolutely miles away! The whole walk was so full of different encounters that i forgot what quest i was doing!

Came across two bandits so was fighting them and what comes breathing fire around the corner...a bloody dragon! We all start attacking the dragon (i was the only survivor may i add). Such randomness yet it seemed like it was part of the story. I think im addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Damn it!

I bought the Steam pre-order. Theres no pre-download.

Gah it will take two days to download on my connection.

So much for Friday Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

over 100 pages and the games not even out yet :)

Jumpy wrote: »
    Damn it!

I bought the Steam pre-order. Theres no pre-download.

Gah it will take two days to download on my connection.

So much for Friday Night.

It will probably pre-load later in the week. Not 100% on this, but i think they wait till a few days before release.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone have an idea what time on friday gmt the game will unlock?

if it's before gamestop opens on a friday morning I might just go with steam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

anyone have an idea what time on friday gmt the game will unlock?

if it's before gamestop opens on a friday morning I might just go with steam

How are you finding fallout? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drywall

Overheal wrote: »

I can be
    As anyone try 3d games to see if selling early,try ringing but no anwers.I travel up from cavan if i knew they where selling it.

Isn't the pc version using Steamworks? In which case early release won't matter...Friday morning it is so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Kiith wrote: »
    Isn't the pc version using Steamworks? In which case early release won't matter...Friday morning it is so :(

Are you serious, was hoping it would come thursday with GS express delivery, waste of a €5 if i cant activate it till friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Are you serious, was hoping it would come thursday with GS express delivery, waste of a €5 if i cant activate it till friday morning

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850

^^ Steam's website has the release date as November 10th? I'm confuzzled.

Advertisement