Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kirby wrote: »
    How are you finding fallout? :)

amazing :)
    its my first time playing it on pc, i played it on xbox first time through and then traded it in for.. something. then saw the goty for pc pretty cheap so picked it up ages ago, planning on playing it at some point in the future

im enjoying it so much more on pc than I did on the console.., I get more into the game if i'm sitting up at my desk than if I were laying back on a couch with a controller... i'm finding so much stuff I just straight out missed the first time around

i still ****ing hate rivet city though :)

oh, and the mods are excellent. i dont really notice the graphical enchancements, game looks kinda the same.. except for the pitch black night and the working street lights.. they add a whole lot to the atmosphere of the game. and the five million added guns really scratch my inventory management itch.. ive probably spent about 10-15% of in game time standing in front of my megaton lockers deciding what guns to repair/sell or equip on me or lucy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slug11

actually my brother was only joking sorry guys lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

slug11 wrote: »

hmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

slug11 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Too little, too late at this stage. Cats already out of the bag. Your bragging probably just cost him his job. Somebody probably reported him. You owe him big for this one.

Becareful what you say on the internet. These days, people can find out who you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

drywall wrote: »
    As anyone try 3d games to see if selling early,try ringing but no anwers.I travel up from cavan if i knew they where selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

This game plays like fallout 3 in medieval times, will not dissappoint can't wait for extra DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

justryan wrote: »
    This game plays like fallout 3 in medieval times, will not dissappoint can't wait for extra DLC

Or to put it more succinctly.....it plays like a better version of Oblivion? You know....Elder Scrolls IV?

Somebody obviously missed the boat on that one :D

Kirby wrote: »

Or to put it more succinctly.....it plays like a better version of Oblivion?

Somebody obviously missed the boat on that one :D

Played Oblivion wasn't too impressed with to be honest but yeah you can say skyrim is an improvement on oblivion or fallout 3 in medieval times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Skyrim on PS3 is going to be 5.5Gb mandatory install, which is probably miniscule compared to pc gamers install size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Skyrim on PS3 is going to be 5.5Gb mandatory install, which is probably miniscule compared to pc gamers install size.
    They keep going on about how they have applied new methods of compression using their new engine so ya never know.

Its only 3.8gb install on xbox too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Big Knox wrote: »
    Could we potentially unlock it Thursday midday with an Australian proxy???

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't really been following the pre-release press about Skyrim. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game but after putting in close to 100 hours into Fallout 3 I'm willing to give Skyrim a chance.

Has there been any indication of which console platform will be the better choice? I know the Xbox 360 is getting the DLC as a timed exclusive but that wouldn't influence my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Has there been any indication of which console platform will be the better choice? I know the Xbox 360 is getting the DLC as a timed exclusive but that wouldn't influence my decision.

They were demoing it on X-Box so maybe that's the better version from their point of view? I don't really know how it's gonna differ. I think they said it should be pretty identical on both.

if you have an xbox or pc get it on those my opinion. bethesda prefer those platforms as far as i can see, they never issued patches or fixes for glitches or bugs for ps3 oblivion owners. but i get the feeling they prefer and work with pc/xbox owners and favour those to the ps3. i mean bethesda didnt even port oblivion to ps3 it was some other company if i remember right. i do remember reading an interview with one of the bethesda developers saying the actually prefer working with xbox360 best rather than ps3 or pc platforms. for their own reasons which is only fair. i dont care tbh as long as the game works.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

if you have an xbox or pc get it on those my opinion. bethesda prefer those platforms as far as i can see, they never issued patches or fixes for glitches or bugs for ps3 oblivion owners. but i get the feeling they prefer and work with pc/xbox owners and favour those to the ps3. i mean bethesda didnt even port oblivion to ps3 it was some other company if i remember right. i do remember reading an interview with one of the bethesda developers saying the actually prefer working with xbox360 best rather than ps3 or pc platforms. for their own reasons which is only fair. i dont care tbh as long as the game works.

They never issued patches for the ps3 version because it was already patched. The game was first released in 2006 on xbox and pc then the patches were released and then in 2007 it was released on ps3 the patches were already bundled into the game on ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

As nodferatu said, multiplatform games tends to get faster patch implementation on the 360. Of course the flip-side is the 360 owners are the first ones affected by any new problems that crop up from applying the patch e.g. the permanent save corrupts from Fallout: New Vegas. Then you get ps3 users bludgeoning you with their e-peens saying "trololol xbox users are the beta testers for the ps3's patches because we prefer quality over speedy patches".

Looking back on fallout 3 there were places where each console struggled, my friend complained that on the PS3 some of the really open areas with water had noticeable framerate drops. If your not that sensitive to framerates just get whichever is cheaper or in stock

Chefburns wrote: »
    They never issued patches for the ps3 version because it was already patched. The game was first released in 2006 on xbox and pc then the patches were released and then in 2007 it was released on ps3 the patches were already bundled into the game on ps3.

Thats exactly what happened, and the shivering isles expansion contained the latest patch too for the ps3 version of oblivion.

Though I don't think its fair to compare skyrims release to oblivion due to that 1 year release difference. However comparing it to Fallout 3 where the releases were simultaneous across all platforms gives a better picture. PS3 owners had to wait an entire month to get their hands on it, while 360 users had it on December 15th.

Might not sound like much but I'd say 360 users rejoiced as they had bethesda's game patched for the entirety of the christmas holidays.

However you go forward a few years and look at New Vegas-- and you see bethesda got their act together and kept the patch releases within days of each other.

I dont think you can go wrong with either console tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Need... more... skyrim... related... info.... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I need to take a mental break from everything Skyrim, i'm constantly looking for something new to read or watch and there's just not enough!! I was even contemplating getting MW3 to keep me busy for the week :eek: Thankfully that thought lasted all of about 4 seconds!!! :pac:

ah i didnt know that, then again i dont have the game of the year edition and i dont have the shivering isles either. i got oblivion on day one for ps3. it may have been patched from release but there still is the odd glitch/bug in there.

Medieval times? nah, its a fictional fantasy world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Need... more... skyrim... related... info.... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I need to take a mental break from everything Skyrim, i'm constantly looking for something new to read or watch and there's just not enough!! I was even contemplating getting MW3 to keep me busy for the week :eek: Thankfully that thought lasted all of about 4 seconds!!! :pac:

MW3 is out the same day isn't it?

mw3 is out wednesday, or certain stores midnight tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Afaik GameStop in Dundalk are doing a midnight launch tonight. They won't be doing the same for Skyrim though!

By the Nine, Skyrim better arrive in my gaff on Friday at the latest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone know if gamestop still do second hand dvds?
    might be able to pick a few dvds I havent watched in ages to trade in along with some old games for credit on skyrim

Medieval times? nah, its a fictional fantasy world.

You know what I mean ;)

anyone know if gamestop still do second hand dvds?
    might be able to pick a few dvds I havent watched in ages to trade in along with some old games for credit on skyrim
    In Dublin anyway, they definitely still do, Stephen's Green SC, Liffey St., etc.
    great value too.
    You know what I mean ;)
    sorry pal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Midnight launch tonight, going to be the first CoD game I don't buy the series has just gone so bloody lazy and anyway I would have no use for it come friday. ;)

But anyway back on topic... is it friday yet??????

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Checked 3d games today, it was closed...at least till 12 when I left town

Midnight launch tonight, going to be the first CoD game I don't buy the series has just gone so bloody lazy and anyway I would have no use for it come friday. ;)

But anyway back on topic... is it friday yet??????

same here with me, i share your pain

• Advertisement

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Checked 3d games today, it was closed...at least till 12 when I left town

Is 3D always closed or what? I went to Captain Americas recently during the day and it was closed

Advertisement