Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

justryan wrote: »
    Is 3D always closed or what? I went to Captain Americas recently during the day and it was closed
    Someone said it was closed on Thurs and Friday as well...I walk by it going to college and it's always open. There supposed to be open at 9am every day so I dunno what's going on with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

justryan wrote: »
    Is 3D always closed or what? I went to Captain Americas recently during the day and it was closed
    I saw it open one day last week (first time mind you), but can't remember the exact time. Mid-afternoonish I'd say on Thurday or Friday.

On topic... I want to fight a dragon now dammit :mad:

*and the mother-in-law's not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Does anyone know what price this will be in Gamestop, for the PC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

according to the website it's 46.97, same price as for consoles

according to the website it's 46.97, same price as for consoles
    Which is ridiculous on their part.

• Advertisement

much as I'd love it to be cheaper, as I dont know how im going to afford food next week.. I find it difficult to argue that 47 euro is too much for a 2-300 hour game :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how is steam more expensive? :S

much as I'd love it to be cheaper, as I dont know how im going to afford food next week.. I find it difficult to argue that 47 euro is too much for a 2-300 hour game :)
    True enough, it's great value for money (assuming it's everything we hope). But every other retailer will have the PC version cheaper than the consoles.

will they? I assumed it was a set price or something.. never considered it'd be gamestop shafting me

i dont think there's anywhere in carlow I could get it other than gamestop anyway :/

will they? I assumed it was a set price or something.. never considered it'd be gamestop shafting me

i dont think there's anywhere in carlow I could get it other than gamestop anyway :/
    Yeah, it's usually the norm for the PC version to be cheaper than the console versions. Although UK prices, HMV, Zavvi and GAME are advertising it for £5 to £12 cheaper on PC. Play.com have it for €19 cheaper! Still, no good to ya if you have to buy from a bricks and mortar :(

• Advertisement

That's an insane price for a PC game. Do Xtravision do PC games? There's one of them near me but I can only ever remember seeing console games there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

danthefan wrote: »
    That's an insane price for a PC game. Do Xtravision do PC games? There's one of them near me but I can only ever remember seeing console games there.

They usually do older PC games, ones for like €10 or so

the xtravision site doesnt have anything about skyrim for pc, only xbox/ps3

Sir Digby, I'm thinking that price might be a mistake on the Gamestop website? I checked BF3 and MW3, and the PC versions are cheaper than the console versions, so I reckon it's just an oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Sir Digby, I'm thinking that price might be a mistake on the Gamestop website? I checked BF3 and MW3, and the PC versions are cheaper than the console versions, so I reckon it's just an oversight.
    It's been that price since it went up on their site. I'll email them to double check but surely they would have caught it before now.

It's been that price since it went up on their site. I'll email them to double check but surely they would have caught it before now.
    Oops. Gamespot UK site has all three versions at the same price too :confused: Must be the actual price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I pre-ordered with GS, that is the price

That is very disappointing :(

I could order online but it'll take forever to get here, or might pop over the border to Derry on Saturday morning but for the sake of maybe €10 not sure it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I dont know if this was posted earlier but this is basically a link for actually skyim gameplay!!

Some lad got it for xbox and is uploading his gameplay in 30 min segments..

its nice to watch for a bit but you dont wanna ruin to much for yourself...

serious warning for spoiler.. click this link below at your own peril...

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/358609

enjoy or ignore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

hypermuse wrote: »
    I dont know if this was posted earlier but this is basically a link for actually skyim gameplay!!

Some lad got it for xbox and is uploading his gameplay in 30 min segments..

its nice to watch for a bit but you dont wanna ruin to much for yourself...

serious warning for spoiler.. click this link below at your own peril...

http://www.gameanyone.com/video/358609

enjoy or ignore!!!

Yep been posted already. Id advise anyone to avoid anything after part 10 really. Cant remember which bit exactly.

I was trying to pick random bits and stupidly ruined a big bit in the game for myself. Thats all il say.

At this stage to be honest id probably tell anyone not to bother watching it as he does talk about things that happened in previous segments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not going near any video's of this so close to release. Way to easy to be spoiled, and i've been stung before.

I've waited almost 6 years...i can wait 3 days (barely!).

Kiith wrote: »
    Not going near any video's of this so close to release. Way to easy to be spoiled, and i've been stung before.

I've waited almost 6 years...i can wait 3 days (barely!).

I couldn't even wait...I give in to easily haha. The game looks like an upgrade Fallout New vegas, with good level design, elder scrolls lore, and dragons. Dragon shouts > Vats as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

God damn it Steam, start the damn pre-download.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Forums are offline as well for a few days. Wonder whats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Jumpy wrote: »
    Forums are offline as well for a few days. Wonder whats up.

i think the valve steam forums are hacked.

source:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11/07/valves-steam-forum-security-compromised/

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I cant stop playing this game... Im like 15 hours in already...and ive barley scraped the main quest.

circos wrote: »
    I cant stop playing this game... Im like 15 hours in already...and ive barley scraped the main quest.
    Where you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Where you get it?
    No through normal means and probably best not to say aloud...not sure what the stance is on it.

• Advertisement

it's not allowed
    and we all hate you

Advertisement