Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Conor_B wrote: »
    I wish the same would happen here....

Yeah, i've been wishing for drugs and hookers here for years.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181685468582848

if you're near one of these places you're in luck

Excellent, thanks for that. Henry Street it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Anyone know what price it will be for xbox in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drywall

Anyone know what price it will be for xbox in shops?
    55 euro in gamestop i was told today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aw god damnit
    i was budgeting everything for the next fortnight based on it being 47 euro

8 euro is 2 weeks of eggs and a weeks worth of broccoli!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

aw god damnit
    i was budgeting everything for the next fortnight based on it being 47 euro

8 euro is 2 weeks of eggs and a weeks worth of broccoli!

Eggs or skyrim.... ;)

• Advertisement

what about the broccoli!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

what about the broccoli!

Start growing it now and you shan't be worried about it for the next game. :D Get some chickens too. You can feed us all.... We can have a commune style place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Irish lad working for gamespot?

Yep from Waterford I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

This game is make or break for me. If I don't put many hours in then I will probably retire from gaming. Too many games lately I could not give a ****. Fallout New Vegas I put in about 8 hours and that was it. Pissed off with that Bethesda style of ****ty characters, voices, animation and boring missions. The previews of this I've seen look ok but it just seems to be same old crap. When you see the polish, dialogue and characters in Mass Effect you'd wish they could at least come near that level. A massive gameworld doesn't really cut it. I'm probably a 15-20 hour gamer now at best and I just want maximum immersion and quality.

i would much rather the massive gameworld with stuff to do that the 12 hour snooze fest that was mass effect 2. it may have been polished but it was still boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fallout New Vegas I put in about 8 hours and that was it. Pissed off with that Bethesda style of ****ty characters, voices, animation and boring missions.

Bethesda didn't make New Vegas.

Misdirected anger......isn't it just the best kind of anger? :p

i would much rather the massive gameworld with stuff to do that the 12 hour snooze fest that was mass effect 2. it may have been polished but it was still boring.

You sir, may now leave the internet.

Okay, the story wasn't quite up to the first one....and colour coded dialogue wheels will always be moronic....but ME2 was a 9/10 game every day of the week. And most importantly, it had Yvonne Strahovski. Instant win my friend. Instant win..........

Also, wtf 12 hours? You must have skipped like 2/3's of the game.

Kirby wrote: »
    Bethesda didn't make New Vegas.

Misdirected anger......isn't it just the best kind of anger? :p

Yeah they did.

"ehhh., no. they were just the publisher, it was actally"

**** OFF>

It wasnt;. Same engine, same publisher, same coders worked on both. A different group did the story and some ****y coding but it was Bethesda's baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can anyone confirm steam preload?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah, never finished it.

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah, never finished it.

Well, you missed Mordin singing. For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drywall

Ok going get a lot of abuse,but i thought the new batman was a bit short and not as great as most people thought.SORRY LOL

just picked 12 hours out of the air, don't remember how long it took :) I did all the quests bar 1 or 2 of the missions for my crew because I'd just stopped caring at that stage and wanted to see if they could pull a great game out of it by the end.

to this day I don't understand the love that game gets. it wasn't terrible, i don't know that it was even bad.. it was just bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone know what the PC price of this is in Gamestop and Game? Or if either are giving the premium map for preordering

to this day I don't understand the love that game gets. it wasn't terrible, i don't know that it was even bad.. it was just bland.

It gets love for the same reason games like batman, elder scrolls, fallout, fable, dragon age, GTA, Final Fantasy etc. gets love. People usually play them solidly through in a couple of sittings because they get drawn into the universe.

A game can be flawed and still excellent. Story based games excel at this. ME1 was so broken on so many levels. Its still simply brilliant. If people are willing to overlook bad flaws in your game....you know you have made a good one.

me2 had a story? :p

• Advertisement

That is it. I just want to believe in the world. I want something with character. Mass Effect had it. The original Fallouts had it in spades and 3 had it a fair bit. Thief is another. GTA Vice City.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Both types of games have their merits. As a total plot/story whore, I'd generally say that i'd prefer the Mass Effect style (i.e. shorter, with a more condensed story) to the Skyrim style (massive open world), but i love both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

sorry, thought I licked on the elder scrolls skyrim thread...

wait a minute... I did!!!!!!!!!
    I really do not agree with day 1 DLC, it smacks of money grubbing, they already got 60 bucks now they want another 20, ON DAY ONE? why is it not on the disk with the rest of the game.

Its not a DLC, its a patch for a few flaws that they found.. its nothing major, just an update to make sure it runs smoother..
    its to be expected with such a vast huge game world!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

hypermuse wrote: »
    sorry, thought I licked on the elder scrolls skyrim thread...

wait a minute... I did!!!!!!!!!

Its not a DLC, its a patch for a few flaws that they found.. its nothing major, just an update to make sure it runs smoother..
    its to be expected with such a vast huge game world!
    I read the article wrong, sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

here's a real nice video on the sounds and voice actors of skyrim..

really amazing to watch!!

Score sounds good but the voice acting is diabolical. It really spoils things when you hear some LA valley accent in a fantasy setting. Could they not just get a load of shakesperian hams which would be bearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

pre-load still no available on steam despite what direct2drive said.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 funi1234

Anyone know if a midnight launch is set for gamestop Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Smyths are also doing a midnight launch in select stores, but they're not carrying the PC version :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 funi1234

Smyths are also doing a midnight launch in select stores, but they're not carrying the PC version :mad:

If only I didn't have the collectors edition practically paid off in gamestop :mad:

Advertisement