Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Skyrim Pre-load is up on Steam people!

I was quite surprised it's only a bit over 5gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Mantel wrote: »
    I was quite surprised it's only a bit over 5gb.

Compressed it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Out Friday night - will be a good hangover cure provided its downloaded by the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bambi wrote: »
    You'll miss out on the premium edition..the one that comes out on PC?

dont have a pc anymore just my laptop, havent been a pc gamer for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Ok, so I just got confirmation from G2Play that they won't be giving keys out at all until release. So pre-loading is a non runner. It's possibly going to be the same story with similar sites that sell keys.

I've asked G2Play for a refund and am gonna purchase from Steam instead. It's a few quid more but feck it, I want to pre-load!

*EDIT* Ok now they are promising me that I will be sent my key tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone know any bricks and mortar store that have the premium map for preordering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Kiith wrote: »
    My stupid friends want me to go out and watch the Irish match on Friday. Guys, its 11.11.11!! :mad:
    "aw jaysus lads *sniff im dying *cough cough cough i might be laid up for a month" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

On Gamestops facebook, someone asked do they get the better quality map for pre ordering and they confirmed it. I'm sure it'll go to those who pre-ordered first if they ran out.

Btw, the price for the pc version definately went up by 11 euros a few weeks ago on gamestops website. I was debating whether to get the c.e. as it was 135 for all formats but the game itself was cheaper on pc. when they put up the price of the standard pc edition, I just went ahead and pre-ordered the c.e.

blaa85 wrote: »
    On Gamestops facebook, someone asked do they get the better quality map for pre ordering and they confirmed it. I'm sure it'll go to those who pre-ordered first if they ran out.

Btw, the price for the pc version definately went up by 11 euros a few weeks ago on gamestops website. I was debating whether to get the c.e. as it was 135 for all formats but the game itself was cheaper on pc. when they put up the price of the standard pc edition, I just went ahead and pre-ordered the c.e.

I rang Gamestop and they said they dont. Was told they're giving 2 novels instead of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Was that definitely Gamestop Ireland's FB page? Might explain why they've decided to charge the extra moolah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Was that definitely Gamestop Ireland's FB page? Might explain why they've decided to charge the extra moolah.
    Link? They've told me on several occasions via email that the only map that you get, even if you preorder is the one that comes in the box. i.e. a paper one.
    https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/posts/10150906476375062
    Doesn't confirm the high quality map from Gamestop but does confirm there is a A map in the box.

So,looking like Amazon is the best place for the map.

Would it be odd to buy it twice, on Amazon for the physical copy and map, and then on Steam, so I can play it tomorrow night

titan18 wrote: »
    So,looking like Amazon is the best place for the map.

Would it be odd to buy it twice, on Amazon for the physical copy and map, and then on Steam, so I can play it tomorrow night
    Em. yes, and no. I'm just after preordering it on Amazon there too. Wanted the high quality map. I can wait untill next week to play it so that doesn't bother me. You'd end up paying €50 for it on Steam and then another €35 for the box with the map. Hmm. That is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

If anyone is crazy enough to hope it will be playable at midnight then you might want to keep an eye on

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

Show's the load on each of the valve servers, if the region your set to is overloaded, change to one with lesser load and cross your fingers! More than likely this won't work to get the game activated earlier if you set it to Australia and wear your kangaroo-skin cork hat.

Link? They've told me on several occasions via email that the only map that you get, even if you preorder is the one that comes in the box. i.e. a paper one.
    https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland/posts/10150906476375062
    Doesn't confirm the high quality map from Gamestop but does confirm there is a A map in the box.

That's the one I read. ah f*ck, read it wrong. 'map is included' is all my brain saw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

amazon preorder cloth map gonna be hanging on the wall over my pc soon enough, stopping periodically to rub my skyrim-induced-beard-face off it.

That's the one I read. ah f*ck, read it wrong. 'map is included' is all my brain saw.
    Mind you. That map that is included might be the cloth map but they haven't said. I'm assuming that is the paper one.

Mind you. That map that is included might be the cloth map but they haven't said. I'm assuming that is the paper one.

I'll hopefully find out tomorrow, ordered it express. Always get the games on a thursday for the friday releases, hope that doesn't change. Can't play it till midnight tomorrow anyway but would be nice to hold it til then.

Anybody get their order dispatched yet from GS

Screw it, just ordered on Amazon. Annoyed that, as far as I can see, NO high street retailer in Ireland has the cloth map option for pre-orders. Will be obviously steering clear of this thread over the weekend :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Screw it, just ordered on Amazon. Annoyed that, as far as I can see, NO high street retailer in Ireland has the cloth map option for pre-orders. Will be obviously steering clear of this thread over the weekend :mad: :pac:

Say what? I pre ordered from Game cause I thought I was getting the cloth map :(

Any map will do me, only bought the dvd for a map

Anybody get their order dispatched yet from GS

I've had a game a week delivered by them the last few weeks. usually get the dispatch email between 4 - 6 on a wednesday, and that means delivered next day with express, or friday with standard post

Infinite Quests in Skyrim says Mr. Howard

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-infinite-quests/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Infinite Quests in Skyrim says Mr. Howard

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-infinite-quests/

While i like the idea of random quests that send you in the direction of a location you've not discovered yet, i hope that the majority of quests are not random. There better be a wealth of decently written story side quests.

Kiith wrote: »
    While i like the idea of random quests that send you in the direction of a location you've not discovered yet, i hope that the majority of quests are not random. There better be a wealth of decently written story side quests.

It says depending on what level you are in the game. You'll get quests to suit your level i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

"you there peasant! go collect 10 mud crab shells from the swamp of happy thoughts"
    "my leige! you are formally requested to gather 10 greater mud demon shells from the swamp of unfathomable doom"

woo!

Say what? I pre ordered from Game cause I thought I was getting the cloth map :(
    I wouldn't count on you getting it unless the website/retailer said they had the cloth map for preorders.

I wouldn't count on you getting it unless the website/retailer said they had the cloth map for preorders.
    And unfortunately, GAME's UK site (no Irish one :rolleyes: ) says you get "a" map... Nothing about "the" map. It could very well be the premium one, but when I rang GAME last week, the guy didn't know what I was on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Wossack wrote: »
    "you there peasant! go collect 10 mud crab shells from the swamp of happy thoughts"
    "my leige! you are formally requested to gather 10 greater mud demon shells from the swamp of unfathomable doom"

woo!
    hmmm, ive never had to collect mudcrab shells. I think your mixing up elder scrolls with world of warcraft.

Advertisement