Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

There was one quest in Oblivion, where you had to find X number of bottles of a rare vintage wine... I only ever found 7 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

There was one quest in Oblivion, where you had to find X number of bottles of a rare vintage wine... I only ever found 7 :o
    That was the add-on where you got the Castle? Every Castle needs a stocked wine celler :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

That was the add-on where you got the Castle? Every Castle needs a stocked wine celler :P
    Can't remember now... there was an inn just over the bridge from the imperial city, and someone there asks you to do it. Same little hamlet where the embarrassed fisherman lives I think? Man, been a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Kiith wrote: »
    While i like the idea of random quests that send you in the direction of a location you've not discovered yet, i hope that the majority of quests are not random. There better be a wealth of decently written story side quests.

The guilds like the Theives guild and Dark Brotherhood will have scripted missions first and when you complete their storyline instead of it just going dead like it has before, you'll have the choice of seeking out the random missions. If you go to random plebs like barkeepers or shopkeepers you'll get randoms straight away. Might be decent to do at the start to get some gold unless the swamp of happy thoughts is really a dragons stomach.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can't remember now... there was an inn just over the bridge from the imperial city, and someone there asks you to do it. Same little hamlet where the embarrassed fisherman lives I think? Man, been a long time!

I've just started that quest! :p

just upgraded my laptop for skyrim >_>

R2w1d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Why does the Heineken Cup have to start this weekend. Going to Montpellier on Friday and wont be back till late Sunday. No Skyrim for me this weekend :( Leinster better win!

Actually will I be able to play at midnight tomorrow? If I pre-load on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Why does the Heineken Cup have to start this weekend. Going to Montpellier on Friday and wont be back till late Sunday. No Skyrim for me this weekend :( Leinster better win!

Yep! Pretty sure you can.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ktulu123 wrote: »

Yeah, game should be activated at midnight iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The surille brothers wine? I was falling over the stuff up till I got the quest :mad:

Sweet! Will have to get a weekends worth into one night then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

And unfortunately, GAME's UK site (no Irish one :rolleyes: ) says you get "a" map... Nothing about "the" map. It could very well be the premium one, but when I rang GAME last week, the guy didn't know what I was on about.

Game stores should be getting the map. Nobody in the store will give you a definite answer until they see the map though, just in case they aren't delivered. That kinda thing happens a lot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

kyub wrote: »
    I have it all sussed out. The missus has been warned well in advance of 11.11.11 but I did promise her a dinner out on Friday. I'm off work all day so the plan is to play Skyrim all day, meet the missus after she finishes work and then off to the nicest (closest) restaurant in the area.

A quick bite to eat, walk her to the bus stop which is on the way back to my apartment and then get back into Skyrim. :)

You can still talk to her on skype :pac:

TbkBb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Went to Game today to check how much it'd cost for a PC copy. He responded with "It'll either cost 39.99 or 49.99 for pc"... Gotta love the uncertainty, 2 days before release, hopefully it'll be 39.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Giants are a pain in the ass to kill, keep your distant and fire arrows/magic you don't want to be on the end of that club believe me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Bed sheets changed, floors swept, bathroom cleaned, house tidied!
    I'm not lifting a finger for the week winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Went to Game today to check how much it'd cost for a PC copy. He responded with "It'll either cost 39.99 or 49.99 for pc"... Gotta love the uncertainty, 2 days before release, hopefully it'll be 39.99.
    I cant stand GAME and their reluctance to give out pricing before launch. Even when you preorder with them you have no idea how much you're going to pay with them. Madness.

Just received e-mail from Gamestop, my copy shipped today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭BrerWolf

I'm checking my gamestop account every 5 minutes - Order status is still confirmed though....

• Advertisement

Was about to slap myself for not pre-ordering it from Gamestop...then i was reminded about Steamworks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Was about to slap myself for not pre-ordering it from Gamestop...then i was reminded about Steamworks again.

Aussie proxy

Still saying "Confirmed" on my GS order :(

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Aussie proxy

Now now, if Steam catch you doing that they'll ban your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tinyark

i pre-ordered BF3 from gamestop. was a nightmare.

'shipping confirmed' on the wed... in the van on Thursday...

4pm arrival on friday.

i learned my lesson lol

off to smyths midnight Thursday or game friday am.

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Now now, if Steam catch you doing that they'll ban your account.

From playing a game i buy, hardly

Crosáidí wrote: »
    From playing a game i buy, hardly

Steam forums are down so can't link to anything, but there is def precedent for this as I was considering doing same for Deus Ex but was advised against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'v used proxies for a heap of games

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'v used proxies for a heap of games

Steam games though? Would that mean we could play it tonight with an Australian proxy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Lads I like my games as much as the next person but honestly it's only a day and a bit away can you not wait?

Advertisement