Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gamestop midnight launch in these stores

Letterkenny
    Dundalk
    Derry
    Belfast
    Patrick Street Cork
    William Street Limerick
    Waterford
    Pavilions Swords
    Henry Street Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Steam games though? Would that mean we could play it tonight with an Australian proxy?

yeah, you only use it for a min to decrypt and your ready to go. never had to use an aussie one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

The original sources of disinformation where people say "ooooo steam will ban you for using a proxy" exist mainly because of jealously over the idea that others will play the game before them.

Another big factor is they confuse the idea of using a proxy to unlock a game with that of using a proxy to purchase a game in a region that has a heavily reduced price.

Pretending you live in Antarctica so you can purchase games cheaply will probably get you banned.

In those posts they tend to start with "well in the EULA it basically says that..."

Where it actually says this:

"You are entitled to use the Software for your own use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Software to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Software to others without the prior written consent of Valve; (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Software or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Software or any of its parts for any commercial purpose."

Part (ii) is meant to stop cheating and crap, but if you wanted to you could twist it to mean unlocking games using a VPN. But as has been said: If you've paid your regions price it'd be 100% stupid for steam to ban a paying customer.

Part (iii) is for going after people who think they can get cheap Antarctica steam keys and sell them on for a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ooh, order shipped before 9 this morning from Simply Games. Will it arrive before the weekend or will I have time for other activities...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why are you calling Russia Antarctica? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sarn wrote: »
    Ooh, order shipped before 9 this morning from Simply Games. Will it arrive before the weekend or will I have time for other activities...

26.85? nice price! Mine was £28.11 off amazon and wont be here til tues/wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Mossay wrote: »

Good point. I suppose I was warned against purchasing it via VPN rather than activating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Steam games though? Would that mean we could play it tonight with an Australian proxy?

Not tonight but around midday tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Why are you calling Russia Antarctica? :pac:

:D I wanted to avoid naming names. Technically the scandinavian areas also have reduced prices. A lot of steam Dead Island owners were left extremely annoyed as a lot of online shops and normal retailers bought copies of the game in bulk as they saw the chance to increase their profit. Steam went BAM! and region restricted those cheapo keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone seen any download sites selling a non-Russian version of this game for less than £34.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone seen any download sites selling a non-Russian version of this game for less than £34.99?

It sounds like a good way to learn another language! Just immerse yourself in the language of the rus-nords!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Boom fully pre-loaded on Steam... and it's just sitting there taunting me!! I am one exe away from Glory but yet it's still so far far away!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Asked plenty of times already I'm sure but what's the cheapest place people have been getting the game? Had a walk around Letterkenny today and Smyths was the best I could find at €44.99

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

I have this on pre-order with Xtravision, they could not tell me a price for it. Have I made a terrible mistake and set myself up for mucho wallet rapage.

So looking forward to this game, spent many the day on Oblivion and this looks like a good step forward in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I have this on pre-order with Xtravision, they could not tell me a price for it. Have I made a terrible mistake and set myself up for mucho wallet rapage.

So looking forward to this game, spent many the day on Oblivion and this looks like a good step forward in the right direction.

You could be paying up to 54.99...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone order the collectors edition from gamestop get a dispatch email yet? getting scared now.

Thankfully Blood Omen has arrived on PSN today. That'll keep me going for a while. I'd say I pumped just as many hours into that as I did Oblivion back in the day. Bargain at 5.99

as if you preordered without knowing the price :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Wonder how much id get towards this if i traded in mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

My GS order = Shipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Crosáidí wrote: »
    My GS order = Shipped :)

Me too!! Fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow!

• Advertisement

gamestop? how much was that?

wish i got mine from Simply Games now! amazon wont ship til thursday or friday. WHYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

with express delivery €52
    in ths shop €47
    bit steep i know but I couldn't wait till next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Skyrim shipped! Def have it tomorrow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RedPing

Anyone know if Xtravision will start to sell tomorrow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gamesnash weren't stocking the PC version so I got it off steam. A tenner more than it should be at 49.99 but there ya go. Besides, I'll pay it gladly for a game of this calibre.

Pre-loading at 80%. Tomorrow night can't come quickly enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any decent reviews out? any player feed back from the people who got it early?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee shipped.

Getting overexcited now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Awww, Steam is saying the servers are overloaded at the moment and can't pre-load Skyrim :( Goshdarnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Y'all need to quit yer belly achin' right now. I don't get to play Skyrim until the middle of December, since I'm away from home and without my beloved, the PS3. This thread is all I've got, and god damn it, you're all going to remain unhappy and game-less until I get to play, and that's an end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Y'all need to quit yer belly achin' right now. I don't get to play Skyrim until the middle of December, since I'm away from home and without my beloved, the PS3. This thread is all I've got, and god damn it, you're all going to remain unhappy and game-less until I get to play, and that's an end!

cant play until december either :( nad gummit ye lucky S O B's

Advertisement