Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pixelburp wrote: »
    Awww, Steam is saying the servers are overloaded at the moment and can't pre-load Skyrim :( Goshdarnit.

change your download location?
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Y'all need to quit yer belly achin' right now. I don't get to play Skyrim until the middle of December, since I'm away from home and without my beloved, the PS3. This thread is all I've got, and god damn it, you're all going to remain unhappy and game-less until I get to play, and that's an end!
    But, why would you not bring your PS3 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Nearly positive this is true, but if someone could confirm this I'd be grateful. :p

That deal with GameStop to trade in three games for a new release, that'll work for the PC version of Skyrim, right?

Sorry if it's obvious, I don't want anything getting in the way of a nice weekend of Skyrim goodness. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

But, why would you not bring your PS3 :eek:

Was worried something unfortunate could befall it. If it had been lost baggage, or broken while I was studying here, it would've been mightily lousy. In a way it's good, as I actually have some university work to do, which might get done, but still.

Also, I haven't seen a single guard yet in any of the trailers. I'm worried- where are the quotes going to come from if these guys don't have ridiculous dialogue?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I dont think they take PC games, im not sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

ShaneU wrote: »

Have you ordered from them before? They seem to get crap reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

xtal191 wrote: »
    Have you ordered from them before? They seem to get crap reviews.

I have, no problems at all. Since they give you a steam cd-key I cant imagine why there would be problems unless people got antsy about having to wait a few hours for the order to process and the key to be automatically sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ShaneU wrote: »
    You ever used them before? How reliable are they?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One last time, cause it's finally here (almost).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't used them before but they seem to be owned by the same group as this site which I've used a few times without any problems http://game.gamesplanet.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

krudler wrote: »

Age of Conan are like "WTF dude?"

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Saw my PC copy today, sitting in the warehouse, along with all of the other 1 (one) copy of the PC Version, in addition to the single PC Collectors Edition.

Thats right: we got 3 PC copies total, with 1 being collectors. All were pre-orders

PC Brick and Mortar sales have gone down the tube, but oh yeah we got about 50 units of the 360 version. Sad.

The CE Box is a ****ing gigantic monster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Overheal wrote: »
    Saw my PC copy today, sitting in the warehouse, along with all of the other 1 (one) copy of the PC Version, in addition to the single PC Collectors Edition.

Thats right: we got 3 PC copies total, with 1 being collectors. All were pre-orders

PC Brick and Mortar sales have gone down the tube, but oh yeah we got about 50 units of the 360 version. Sad.

The CE Box is a ****ing gigantic monster though.

Are boxed PC games in the states cheaper than it would be to buy on Steam? I know over here it's a good bit cheaper most of the time so maybe it isn't as bad.

That said, I bought a key from g2play which was cheaper again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

B0X wrote: »
    Are boxed PC games in the states cheaper than it would be to buy on Steam? I know over here it's a good bit cheaper most of the time so maybe it isn't as bad.

Think it's worth pointing out that Steam is rarely cheaper than "brick and mortar" stores when it comes to non indie games. Publishers have a massive input into the pricing of their games on Steam - to such an extent that they usually just set the price of the game at the industry RRP. Retail stores often end up selling below the RRP for competitive reasons, something which Valve cannot do for contractual reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Think it's worth pointing out that Steam is rarely cheaper than "brick and mortar" stores when it comes to non indie games. Publishers have a massive input into the pricing of their games on Steam - to such an extent that they usually just set the price of the game at the industry RRP. Retail stores often end up selling below the RRP for competitive reasons, something which Valve cannot do for contractual reasons.

That's what i'm saying though. I was wondering if US shops charge $60 for PC games and if they do that might explain why only 3 PC copies were preordered because you might as well get it from Steam in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

B0X wrote: »
    That's what i'm saying though. I was wondering if US shops charge $60 for PC games and if they do that might explain why only 3 PC copies were preordered because you might as well get it from Steam in that case.
    Basically. But this way I dont get to preload, I have to wait hours to collect my preorder, but I get a chance to get a preorder map, which, we didn't exactly find in the inventory that was shipped........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

This game will unlock in approximately 8 hours

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

HuUUUUUURRRYYyyYYyyyy UUUUUuuUuUuuppppppPP

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Jumpy wrote: »
    This game will unlock in approximately 8 hours

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

HuUUUUUURRRYYyyYYyyyy UUUUUuuUuUuuppppppPP

18 ya mean...right?

• Advertisement

8 for me.

8 for me.
    What is this sorcery?

Anyone help with this proxy business? Never knew about it before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

My brand spanking new computer has just encountered a problem trying to boot up.... just a day or so before Skyrim

5403332512_2ab47c2f86.jpg

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

8 for me.

Explain your techno sorcery

*smiles*
    *gives vegemite sandwich*

I dont think there's any techy mumbo jumbo involved here. He comes from the land down under. Do you not speak-a his language?

Can't find a free Aussie VPN. **** Got a Korean one with hope, but that's not out for another 30 hours

• Advertisement

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Can't find a free Aussie VPN. **** Got a Korean one with hope, but that's not out for another 30 hours
    You'd be quicker waiting until 12 tonight and unlock it legit. :pac:

Advertisement