Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Explain your techno sorcery
    Jumpy wrote: »
    *smiles*
    *gives vegemite sandwich*
    I dont think there's any techy mumbo jumbo involved here. He comes from the land down under. Um...do you not speak-a his language?

He might tell you how if you take him in and give him breakfast......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Skyrim is in the van

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hate all of you who get to play it before midnight today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Yeah I gave up already. Just got the witcher 2 the other day anyway. So I can play that while I wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Loaded up the xbox this morning, checking for the dashboard update, and there are people on my friends list playing Skyrim at 8AM this morning.

Colour me Jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

New Zealand have it unlocked in under 2 hours! Ohhh, my collectors edition could be delivered any moment now. I don't remember the last time I was this excited about anything.

Gamefaqs have a massive thread about people trying to get vpns working for skyrim. the regular places I go for a vpn have no Aussie ones. Someone will have it working for the impatient among us. Thread is called 'confused with vpn's?'. just google that with 'skyrim', and it wil pop up. didn't want to directly link to it incase it's frowned upon here.

I've waited this long, surely I can wait a few more hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

New nvidia beta drivers up for skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gogo4glue

Just got my PS3 version of Skyrim from the courier there. Had it preordered with GS and express delivery, incl was a cloth map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

gogo4glue wrote: »
    Just got my PS3 version of Skyrim from the courier there. Had it preordered with GS and express delivery, incl was a cloth map.

This day just keeps getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

God damn it, cant they get anything right. Iasked them on several occasions if they were giving cloth maps to preorders and they said no. Crazy. I've a right mind to email them off tell them a thing or two about a thing or two.

Did the cloth map inside the box? as in, was it sealed inside it? Do you also get the regular version of the map too (which I doubt)?

• Advertisement

God damn it, cant they get anything right. Iasked them on several occasions if they were giving cloth maps to preorders and they said no. Crazy. I've a right mind to email them off tell them a thing or two about a thing or two.

Did the cloth map inside the box? Do you also get the regular version of the map too?

Ya the cloth map was in the box along with the small manual, there was no paper map. On the back of the box it says "physical map inside" I'd guess all preorders will be the same :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wonder if i'd get the cloth map if i pre-order it instore today, and pick it up at midnight tonight?

Unlikely, but worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The joys of consoles and not having to wait for a steam unlock

Oh, and for the PS3 at least the patch is available for dl already (53MB), I was under the impression we would have to wait until tomorrow. Hope you all get it soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

The joys of PC,
    mods,
    and not playing a 2011 game on a 2005 hardware :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Enjoy your computer chair hunch.

When is the review embargo done? If this is scoring below 90 on metacritic I will avoid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Id rather wait to have a much better looking game any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

For those looking for an Australian (down under) VPN and can't use the internet here you go:
    1. http://en.kryptotel.net/kryptovpndemo.html (Free)
    2. http://www.vpnsecure.me/ (costs $2 - probably worth it for 12 hour advantage) [It's also been confirmed to work PERFECTLY and takes 5 mins to set up]
    You're welcome. Logged in from work to do this (-.t)

EDIT: First link is free.
    EDIT2: You're going to get it about 12 hours before NA release date, ~8 hours before EU release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dcully wrote: »

Id rather wait to have a much better looking game any day of the week.

I have PC version just it's a bit of a pain if you have a disc waiting for steam unlock.

Though I think I can find a kiwi VPN :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have PC version just it's a bit of a pain if you have a disc waiting for steam unlock.

Though I think I can find a kiwi VPN :D

I unlocked BF3 with a Korean vpn, go for it, nothing at all to lose.
    Personally i havent even bought the game yet, ill probably buy a key from one of these this evening http://www.dlcompare.com/games/tesvskyrim-219

€23 = bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Enjoy your computer chair hunch.

When is the review embargo done? If this is scoring below 90 on metacritic I will avoid.
    PCGamer's review is up in two hour's time @1p.m.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/10/our-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review-will-go-live-at-1pm/

I hope you're not serious about basing your buying purchases on metacritic scores. If you're doing that then you probably had no interest in the game in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Going to check Skyrim out.

Is it bad that I only played oblivion for a few hours? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Might be a stupid question but, if I buy a steam key for Skyrim online will that prevent modding it in future?

Not that i've modded morrowind or oblivion before this but would like that option!

For those looking for an Australian (down under) VPN and can't use the internet here you go:
    1. http://en.kryptotel.net/kryptovpndemo.html (Free)
    2. http://www.vpnsecure.me/ (costs $2 - probably worth it for 12 hour advantage) [It's also been confirmed to work PERFECTLY and takes 5 mins to set up]
    You're welcome. Logged in from work to do this (-.t)

EDIT: First link is free.
    EDIT2: You're going to get it about 12 hours before NA release date, ~8 hours before EU release.

Link 1 confirmed to work perfectly and very easy to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Have it pre-ordered but wont be able to pick it up from GS till tomorrow for I am going out tonight :mad:

I don't want to stand in the queue drunk.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Is it bad that I only played oblivion for a few hours? :pac:

What's wrong with you?
    I put 90hrs++ into that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I had it all sorted - booked tomorrow off work, was gonna head to the midnight launch, happy days! Then a meeting got switched around so I have to come in tomorrow :mad: Will pick it up on the way to work, then have to wait until 5.15pm to head home - longest day ever ahead tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Going to pick up Skyrim (PS3) Friday after work.

I'm off until Wedneday then so i'll get to put in some serious hours over the weekend hopefully.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drywall

Any hope off it going on sale early today?

• Advertisement

COF5r.png

Using Australian VPN

EDIT: Ignore the price :P
    EDIT 2: This is using http://en.kryptotel.net/kryptovpn.html VPN

Advertisement