Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Beruthiel wrote: »
    What's wrong with you?
    I put 90hrs++ into that game!

:pac:
    Bought it for the xbox 360 in 2006. Still have it actually. Guess I wasnt really into its genre of gaming back then.

And of that 90 hours ... is that all doing missions? or dossing around with stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

God damn it, cant they get anything right. Iasked them on several occasions if they were giving cloth maps to preorders and they said no. Crazy. I've a right mind to email them off tell them a thing or two about a thing or two.

Did the cloth map inside the box? as in, was it sealed inside it? Do you also get the regular version of the map too (which I doubt)?
    Annoyed about this myself. I went into my local store, and was told they were only stocking the paper map version :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

LighterGuy wrote: »
    :pac:
    Bought it for the xbox 360 in 2006. Still have it actually. Guess I wasnt really into its genre of gaming back then.

And of that 90 hours ... is that all doing missions? or dossing around with stuff?

Theres just so much stuff to do - random side missions,completing the different faction quests. I'll never forget
    getting infected with vampirism, couldn't go out in daylight,and being told that a certain noble was working on a cure for vampirism. Had nothing to do with the main storyline but was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hahahahaahaha servers overloaded in New Zealand (2 hours ahead of Australia) and they can't activate the game :D. It's out there, now, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Guys the free trial on Kryptotel is down. Been down for a while, since so many people were using it haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Sesudra wrote: »
    Theres just so much stuff to do - random side missions,completing the different faction quests. I'll never forget
    getting infected with vampirism, couldn't go out in daylight,and being told that a certain noble was working on a cure for vampirism. Had nothing to do with the main storyline but was brilliant!

wow. sounds good.
    Is that certain infection going to return for skyrim you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Annoyed about this myself. I went into my local store, and was told they were only stocking the paper map version :rolleyes:

Yup, was told aswell they were only stocking the paper version. If they have the cloth one in store, I'll be pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I sent them an email to 'let them know' (read: vent my frustrations at them)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Any other aussie VPNs knocking about

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The Dark Brotherhood were also fantastic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Beruthiel wrote: »
    The Dark Brotherhood were also fantastic. :D
    Yeah, the
    dinner party where you had to bump off all the other guests
    was a personal favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

That particular infection had me up nights trying to reverse it........in the end I just lived with it (excuse the pun). Oblivion is insane.

RAIN wrote: »
    That particular infection had me up nights trying to reverse it........in the end I just lived with it (excuse the pun). Oblivion is insane.
    I got
    turned into a vampire in Oblivion
    and hadn't realised it for ages. I just though my character was looking tired! :pac: I kept on sleeping outdoors during the day, getting half way through my sleep and then it stopped. The next thing I knew I was being launched into the sky like a ragdoll since I
    died in my sleep
    . Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

everyone put so much effort in with their spoilers and then you come along kearnybobs :P

There's always one :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well there's always one rational person who refuses to spoiler when hes talking about a game that's over five hundred years old

everyone put so much effort in with their spoilers and then you come along kearneybobs :P

There's always one :pac:
    Alright, I'll play along. I'll go back and spoiler it. Sheesh.:D

There are people who still don't know you could be a VAMPIRE in Oblivion?

.... amidoingitright?

Well guys, I paid 1.53 to get it early haha, i'll be d/l when it's out

Edit---2 hours nomnom

I mean activating it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Well guys, I paid 1.53 to get it early haha, i'll be d/l when it's out

Edit---2 hours nomnom

I mean activating it

where

Steam, using an Australian VPN.

• Advertisement

http://www.vpnsecure.me/

Is this frowned upon?

No it's 100% legal.

EDIT: I also posted all the info on how to go about setting it up about 2 pages back.

Grandt....well there's ya's go, if ya's are bothered paying for it. There are 8 Ausi servers on it, 6 are named Aus Skyrim haha

I'm so pissed I can't stream from my apartment due to **** upload or I'd be streaming for 24 hours. Took the day off and my GF has bought all the snacks, drinks and food to serve me throughout the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

BrianG23 wrote: »
    http://www.vpnsecure.me/

Is this frowned upon?

I'm having problems connecting to it :(

EDIT: support told me they have skyrim servers setup and to use those lol

What's wrong? Connecting with server or?

Edit---haha, oh. I forgot my username haha, the support is good there. Real quick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just to reiterate - this game is amazing!!

On my travels toward a northern city to join the Imperial Legion, I came across a shack in the dead of night with the owner asleep. He had a dog called Meeko. After talking to the dog he is now mine and follows me everywhere! My companion attacks anyone hostile to me and forewarns me of any impending attack by running off towards the assailant!

Currently he's helping me clear out a tomb along with the Imperial Legion that has been occupied by the rebel Stormcloaks (who you can choose to join instead btw). This game is so much win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I assume we just unlock skyrim with VPN and then can turn it off without steam flagging us for playing early?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!! Courier just arrived at my door with it!! I genuinely couldn't be happier right now :D......goodbye social for the foreseeable future!!

• Advertisement

Steam won't flag you, there is no reason for it to do so. However, I'm guessing your assumption is correct.

Advertisement