Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

9 from Edge is massive, because they always slate open world Bethesda affairs.

You just made a mockery of his spoiler tags :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭xtal191

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just got my code off Gamesplanet :)

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last night

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After reading the reviews I'm getting very excited for this.

Cant wait until 4;30pm tomorrow to get stuck into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Steam working for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Haven't gotten a phonecall from the courier and not at home...did I forget to leave my mobile number with my order? Is the box small enough to shove into the letterbox? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

After reading the EG review and CVG review I have to say I am suddenyl interested in this again.

I am someone who loved Fallout 3 and especially New Vegas but found Oblivion very hard to get into (I think I did the assasin club missions and nothing else).

Chrsit it sounds good though.

Working now, decrypting..so close

noodler, imo from watching gameplay, previews etc, oit's much more like Fallout than OB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I got the cloth map with my pre-order from GS if anyone wants to know

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Just arrived from GS, physical map included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Haven't gotten a phonecall from the courier and not at home...did I forget to leave my mobile number with my order? Is the box small enough to shove into the letterbox? :(

If it's from GS, it's a signed for delivery

God it's decrypting bit by bit...literally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I got the cloth map with my pre-order from GS if anyone wants to know

Regular edition/Special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Bought off steam, quick download - easy setup of vpnsecure - and hey presto!

Skyrim!

GOD! It's READY! MY BODY IS READY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Regular edition/Special edition?

Regular edition, well its not exactly cloth but its not exactly paper either, kind of plasticy paper, if that makes sense

What the hell, it's been on 100% for a few mins now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Regular edition, well its not exactly cloth but its not exactly paper either, kind of plasticy paper, if that makes sense

Every copy of the game comes with a paper map

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

noodler wrote: »
    After reading the EG review and CVG review I have to say I am suddenyl interested in this again.

I am someone who loved Fallout 3 and especially New Vegas but found Oblivion very hard to get into (I think I did the assasin club missions and nothing else).

Chrsit it sounds good though.

im the same loved fallout3 and new vegas havent played any elder scrolls but im reely excited to get me hands on this, gonna trade in arkham city, anyone know what the cost is of skyrim.. 46.99e is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you're undecided about what console to get it on, watch this. Seems like the PS3 is quite a bit better.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/25722/81462/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

Reading some comments on the pc performance now, and i'm really worried. My pc is a bit of a dog, but it's a fair bit above the minimum specs. Debating the PS3 version now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kiith wrote: »
    If you're undecided about what console to get it on, watch this. Seems like the PS3 is quite a bit better.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/25722/81462/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

Reading some comments on the pc performance now, and i'm really worried. My pc is a bit of a dog, but it's a fair bit above the minimum specs. Debating the PS3 version now tbh.

Wow, thats unexpected... think that xbox version is without the install tho. Still good to see the PS3 version not looking like ****.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mossay wrote: »
    New nvidia beta drivers up for skyrim.
    whaaa?
    nah, carlow gamestop isn't :(

simply go to dublin, buy a couple copies of the game, come to my house and we will play on my 2 pcs :p

I dont get it til tues/wed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Already on sale in HMV on Henry street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Funglegunk wrote: »

No phonecall here either :S

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kiith wrote: »

oblivion on my pc looks better than skyrim 360 version..

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

cloud493 wrote: »
    Already on sale in HMV on Henry street :D

You got my hopes up so bad :(
    They said it's on tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

For someone who didn't like the combat system in Oblivion (found it a game breaker for me).. Is this game worth getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

For someone who didn't like the combat system in Oblivion (found it a game breaker for me).. Is this game worth getting?

did you like melee combat in fallout 3/new vegas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

did you like melee combat in fallout 3/new vegas?

A slight improvement over Oblivion but used it as little as possible, suppose that says it all tbh :/

Really love the look of the game, just afraid i'll shell out the 50 quid and get frustrated with the combat.

Advertisement