Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You got my hopes up so bad :(
    They said it's on tomorrow...

Well I traded in sonic generations and got it today. So yeah, it is. I had to ask for it though, it was behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Preloading on Steam now :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Can't read the reviews here in work, have they mentioned the levelling system.

I got fed up of Oblivion when I'd find a mouse somwhere that I could almost but not quite beat, so I'd go off level up a whole bunch of times, get some kick ass armour and weapons that were an order of magnitude better than what I had, only to go back and find it just as tough. By the time I found there was a patch to fix it I was just too fed up of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Oh man I have a day booked off work tomorrow. Was planning on doing some study for an exam I have monday but that will be sorely tested. Just finished Arkham City so I could trade it in tomorrow morning. Damn you Skyrim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Of the 26 reviews on Metacritic, the lowest one ends with these lines;
    Skyrim is easily one of the strongest and best examples of the Western RPG, and it further establishes Bethesda's reputation as one of the most talented and creative forces in the gaming industry. Moreover, it offers players a world so vast they could easily become lost in it, and so beautiful they may never wish to return from it.

See you all next spring...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wow, it's like stepping back into Oblivion again :)

Plus it's runs perfectly on my Mobility Radeon 4650 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Don't know will I get it today now even though everyone else who ordered it via express delivery off Gamestop got it.

By this stage I usually have a phonecall off the courier. Says it's in the van via the tracking but if it's the same courier the last two times I wouldn't put it passed him to just head home! He rang me before telling me to meet him on the side of the road even though all he needed to drive was another 5-7 miles down the road!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Wow, it's like stepping back into Oblivion again :)

Plus it's runs perfectly on my Mobility Radeon 4650 :D

Really? What settings are you playing it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

cloud493 wrote: »
    Already on sale in HMV on Henry street :D

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

After watching IGN review and really tempted to pick up on steam......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

45 in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I didn't get one with mine but I did order the standard edition. Installing now and play as much as possible before my night shift tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Can anyone confirm if at all possible how noticeable these graphical differences are between 360 and PS3? My 360 copy is waiting for me at home, I'll be installing it. I read somewhere that there's a bug when you attempt to install it, which could mean we'll be stuck with lower resolution textures for a bit?

Really disappointing if true as Xbox 360 usually holds its own against PS3 in terms of graphics/lighting etc.

edit: I know if I wanted the best graphical experience possible I could play on my iMac/ windows 7 but I have it on Xbox and that's that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

funkyflea wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if at all possible how noticeable these graphical differences are between 360 and PS3? My 360 copy is waiting for me at home, I'll be installing it. I read somewhere that there's a bug when you attempt to install it, which could mean we'll be stuck with lower resolution textures for a bit?

Really disappointing if true as Xbox 360 usually holds its own against PS3 in terms of graphics/lighting etc.

edit: I know if I wanted the best graphical experience possible I could play on my iMac/ windows 7 but I have it on Xbox and that's that. :)

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/25722/81462/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

I posted a link on the last page that shows the PS3 (game installed) vs 360 (not installed). PS3 definitely came out on top.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/25722/81462/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/PS3Xbox_360_Grafikvergleich.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Bah! That's frustrating. But I guess the 360 is the older hardware of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Just off the phone with GameStop. Apparently I didn't specify Express delivery during my pre-order...erk please let it arrive before the weekend. Otherwise I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yay finally got a call from the courier! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

funkyflea wrote: »
    Bah! That's frustrating. But I guess the 360 is the older hardware of the two.

It's older but it has a more powerful GPU than the PS3 has. Oblivion looks better on the PS3 too but Fallout 3 looks better and has a higher frame rate on the 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Do you have to stay connected to the vpn while playing or just when decrypting?

Also is anyone else having trouble connecting to an Australian vpn with vpnsecure.me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I dont get it til tues/wed :/

Me neither, damn you Amazon, why wouldn't you send to me early? I need to activate it anyway so what difference would it have made? ah, first world problems.

Ooh, page 99 of this thread!

On my way to try and blag a copy in HMV. Unlikely, but worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone know Tesco price?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone know Tesco price?

gud thaught yea wonder if there going to continue the mw3 type sales, their games have been crazy high prices for ages now (killzone 2 was 44.99e just b4 3 came out!)... argos are 54.99 at the mo but u obviously cant reserve one yet, they usually knock off around 5-7e on new releases

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hmv not selling it early... Just been in. Anywhere else?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hmv not selling it early... Just been in. Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Kiith wrote: »
    Really? What settings are you playing it at?

1600x900 resolution

Everything turned up to the last bar AA and Shadows set to low, still looks wonderful with no noticeable dip in visual quality. I could turn them up without ruining gameplay but I want my smooth fps.

I'm getting that awe feeling again which I haven't felt since Oblivion.

I'm loving it so far, even if I'm just
    on the gloden claw mission
    which is my 1st one I'm doing.

Only thing I'm not too hot on is the quick weapons menu. I actually found it quicker when I had my weapons numbered and set to my number keys like 1, 2, 3, etc, in Oblivion.

Only complaint though and it's minimal
    :)

EDIT: Forget that, I figured it out. Have to favourite the weapons and then number them on the quick menu. Derp!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Do you have to stay connected to the vpn while playing or just when decrypting?

Also is anyone else having trouble connecting to an Australian vpn with vpnsecure.me?

Once decrypted you need to either stay connected to the VPN while playing or else relaunch steam in offline mode before you log out of the VPN.

Otherwise if steam is online will keep region locking the game once you log out of the VPN and you will have to decrypt it all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thanks, cant seem to get connected to an Australian vpn though. Anything else I can use/connect to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Some clever tweaks here for when the pc version is unlocked

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1255692-skyrim-pc-ini-and-console-tweaks/

Advertisement