Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Savage game. I can't believe I can run it on High with a 8800gtx(720p though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Thanks, cant seem to get connected to an Australian vpn though. Anything else I can use/connect to?

choose a different server. there is a few for skyrim

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Been trying them all constantly, still nothing yet! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone know if xtravision will sell this, since its after 6? Won't be able to check myself for an hour or so. Tried gamestop and hmv already but no luck. (Cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 drywall

none off the shops selling it early

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Couldn't find it anywhere, so i paid for it in Gamestop and will pick it up in 5 hours and 26 minutes.

Few tweaks here for pc users. Things like FOV and some extra shaders (already :P)
    http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1255692-skyrim-pc-ini-and-console-tweaks/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did you happen to notice how much it cost for pc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

€44.99 in Gametop on the pc. Traded in Dark souls and only paid €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

I have a dilemna, my Macbook Air (when running windows) passes the minimum requirements of this Game (core i5, 2gb Ram, 778mb of VRAM, SSD) , im tempted to go with the steam version, or should I get it for PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

So close... damned slow steam update on an Australian proxy! This could take a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

adamtj09 wrote: »
    I have a dilemna, my Macbook Air (when running windows) passes the minimum requirements of this Game (core i5, 2gb Ram, 778mb of VRAM, SSD) , im tempted to go with the steam version, or should I get it for PS3?

It's only a dilema if you consider a horrible gaming experience on the MBA as an option. And I say that as an MBA owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

It's only a dilema if you consider a horrible gaming experience on the MBA as an option. And I say that as an MBA owner.

New Vegas runs Brilliantly though, looks nice and runs smooth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Game is loaded now. Don't think I want to go messing around with VPNs, unless they're free and very easy to use. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have this pre ordered from Gamesnash on the 360 as i played Oblivion on xbox only.

Whats this issue with the graphics now that has been mentioned???

Did i make a mistake ordering it for the 360 or??

If you install the game to your 360 hard drive will it fix the problem or.........

I had doubts about how the ps3 would play this game because of all the problems i had with fallout 3 back when it was first brought to ps3/360.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Kiith wrote: »
    €44.99 in Gametop on the pc. Traded in Dark souls and only paid €9.99.

excellent, I have a pile of games and dvds im going to trade in :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill dload it overnight, wont have time to play till over the weekend.
    Should play great on my rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

God melee combat in this is awful, like I mean really bad feels like your hitting air constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone know if its gonna hit tesco shelves tonight at 12? i know they shops like tesco and xtravision dont recognise it as as big a game as BF3 or MW3 but it would be nice if they just put it on the shelves around 12

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Havent been round the last week,have gamestop started selling today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was hoping this was going to be a buggy piece of crap so I could ignore it and play something else. Or more importantly not spend money on it.

Reading enthusiastic reviews, I don't know if that hope has been replaced by disappointment or excitement. Probably both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anywere in dublin doing a midnight launch for this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone else's steam had problems starting up once your connected to the vpn? Keeps not responding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Anywhere in Limerick doing a Midnight release...very hopeful i know:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'm watching a live stream on ign. They've been playing for hours and now down to the last half hour. They just said that there's no difference between xbox+ ps3 so long as you install the game into your xbox...

I want this game baaaaad..

Stream..

http://ie.games.ign.com/articles/121/1211852p1.html

I was hoping this was going to be a buggy piece of crap so I could ignore it and play something else. Or more importantly not spend money on it.

Reading enthusiastic reviews, I don't know if that hope has been replaced by disappointment or excitement. Probably both.

It's not awful buggy at the start at least. It is ****ing massive though. You do the tutorial and then bam here's the world do what you want. It's a shame that combat is so pants and I can't point out how bad it is. I actually like the UI system they have now pursists will call it consolised but I think it's fast and effective for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Stev_o wrote: »
    God melee combat in this is awful, like I mean really bad feels like your hitting air constantly.

ive heard that but also read that when u level up in combat it gets quite good?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sow review today and it really looked like beefed up oblivion.

I am not trolling, just asking.

I really disliked oblivion with passion. Level scaling and souless world was just killing me. Is it same here again? Is there that stupid scaling again?

I really liked the skill, not level based system. ( reminds me of ultima online )

padz wrote: »
    ive heard that but also read that when u level up in combat it gets quite good?

I don't know haven't gotten that far. But it just doesn't feel right. Games like Dark Messiah have done it better in how blows should weigh and feel. Here it feels so fake you run up to someone and constantly click to they die (They hardly notice unless they go below 15 percent health). It just doesn't feel right at all which is a shame cause their is SO much stuff to like. Hell ill put 100 hours into this game but this is one thing that will drive me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Gamestop in Letterkenny open at midnight, tempted to have a run down but have to be up in the morning so probably better to wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stev_o wrote: »
    I don't know haven't gotten that far. But it just doesn't feel right. Games like Dark Messiah have done it better in how blows should weigh and feel. Here it feels so fake you run up to someone and constantly click to they die (They hardly notice unless they go below 15 percent health). It just doesn't feel right at all which is a shame cause their is SO much stuff to like. Hell ill put 100 hours into this game but this is one thing that will drive me mad.
    I actuolly noticed that in review. It looks like there are no impact physics. It's like swigging air till monsters drop.

Advertisement