Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the town did or the chickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah the Q favourites button is gonna take a bit of getting used to. Dunno how to bind weapons, would like to know this also

Press Q, highlight one of the weapons and press 1-8

My first dungeon was the one from the e3 demo, they've changed a few things though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The townies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Just up, going to get a coffee and commence Skryim session :D

Feel like a kid at christmas :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Got up early to have a go but by the time Steam unlocked it I had to get ready for work. Oh well, there's always later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Goddamn console ports

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i wonder how long before the modders fix this console UI

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Damn! I really want to buy the game today, too bad I spent my money on MW3 :mad:

Really regretting it now...

My Y-Axis sensitivity is proportional to my FPS.

What the fúck is that shít ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

played 30 mins before going to work this morning :p

gonna be a loooonnng day in the office... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

AHAHHAHAAAAA

Dont get hit by a Giant.

I think I almost reached the moon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

installing now \o/ \o/ \o/

only cost me a tenner with all my trade ins, hooray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've got it in my grubby hands. Now just got to sit through 3 stupid hours of stupid college. Then its bye bye life for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

EGriff wrote: »
    I've got it in my grubby hands. Now just got to sit through 3 stupid hours of stupid college. Then its bye bye life for a while.

Likewise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Saaron wrote: »
    Damn! I really want to buy the game today, too bad I spent my money on MW3 :mad:

Really regretting it now...

You can return MW3, or at the very least trade it and pay a euro or so towards Skyrim?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Got it myself this morning. The map inside is a textured paper map. I wonder is that making people think they got the cloth map or is the textured paper map actually the famed "cloth" map itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Roll on 4:30pm....and quickly please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

For anyone curious about how its running, I'm on a 8800GT, Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4gb of ram and its running happily at high with AA off at about 30fps. The patch that came out had config files included with it and it seemed to increase the performance noticeably. Definitely glad I went with the PC version, was worried I should of went for a console version with my ageing PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

As it's out now, can everyone use the spoiler tags and not ruin any sidequests etc on others. The joy of elder scrolls is in randomly finding them and all the other secrets :) ....though I doubt I'll be checkin back in for a while...too busy gettin my Nord on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mewso wrote: »
    Got it myself this morning. The map inside is a textured paper map. I wonder is that making people think they got the cloth map or is the textured paper map actually the famed "cloth" map itself?

I got the same in the standard edition from HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Oh wow its so amazing!!!! well worth getting soaked this horrible morn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I pre-ordered it with HMV and I got this strange textured paper-ish map. Is this the "cloth" map? I can't figure it out. I wouldn't call it a paper map. It seems premium-ish but I wouldn't say it's made of cloth really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Newaglish wrote: »
    I pre-ordered it with HMV and I got this strange textured paper-ish map. Is this the "cloth" map? I can't figure it out. I wouldn't call it a paper map. It seems premium-ish but I wouldn't say it's made of cloth really.

yeah I got that map with my copy too...
    it looks pretty cool so it does... shall be going up on my wall beside my map of cyrodiil

ah the anticipation as you wait for the game to install

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only just started playing the PC version.
    Im locked at 60 fps running ultra @ 1920X1080,my rig is well able for more fps, im sure i can unlock fps cap somewhere.
    Melee combat is very poor,im hoping more points spent in the relevant skills will improve things.
    The UI is a joke, just doesnt feel like an rpg, far too console-ised.
    You can however navigate the menus with WASD keys aswell as arrow keys which is better than being stuck with arrow keys.
    I tried my 360 controller for pc but as always it sucks compared to mouse,id rather get used to navogating menus with WASD instead.
    Ive only just got out of the cave into the world so really cant comment on anything else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

This game is Goty> couldn't stand the UI so switched to 360 controller though. Running at high on 8800GTX, Q6600 at 2.4, 3gb ram at 720p. Mostly very high FPS, except when you look at big scenes(half the world) and it can drop to 25-35. But it's very well optimised imo

yeah the Melee sucks, although it still better than OB, since things die in a few shots weak attacks take no stamina, strong ones take loads of stamina, I take it your supposed to use Strong attacks alot more thing time around. My main skills are one handed, sneak, Marksman, Destruction, restoration(very useful for Dragon fights) and littles bits of Illusion for fury. Also light armor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been so long since I played Oblivion, it's like a long lost love has returned :o

Now I wonder if I still have to worry about getting
    turned in a vampire in the dead of night
    like in the last game. That was both fun and annoying at the same time. :)/:(

Dcully wrote: »
    Only just started playing the PC version.
    Im locked at 60 fps running ultra @ 1920X1080,my rig is well able for more fps, im sure i can unlock fps cap somewhere.
    Melee combat is very poor,im hoping more points spent in the relevant skills will improve things.
    The UI is a joke, just doesnt feel like an rpg, far too console-ised.
    You can however navigate the menus with WASD keys aswell as arrow keys which is better than being stuck with arrow keys.
    I tried my 360 controller for pc but as always it sucks compared to mouse,id rather get used to navogating menus with WASD instead.
    Ive only just got out of the cave into the world so really cant comment on anything else yet.

I agree with you about the combat and the UI is a joke.

Try these tweaks out for the fps problem
    http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/m7zja/tweaks_to_make_skyrim_that_much_better/

You have 60 fps max coz v-sync is on. Although when i turned it off my FPS went up, it also made my sensitivity scale according to my FPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Fought a few vamps actually, and one 'boss' Vamp for a really random quest I got. I think Dragons will get repetitive.

Advertisement