Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

installing now \o/ \o/ \o/

only cost me a tenner with all my trade ins, hooray

Spammed you all night on IRC. F*ck you for not answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Me and a dragon teamed up against a Giant as well....the giant won

Odly enough - this is usually my type of game, and it looks great - but I got Arham Asylum free with my Graphics card and I'm stuck into BF3 at the moment.

I think I'm going to wait until this is in the steam Christmas sale with 20% off. I might have a bit more time to play when aswell.

i-9HNNHvS-XL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

30 seconds til steam update is completed :D

this is gonna be epic :D

• Advertisement

i-9HNNHvS-XL.jpg

Haha....it's so true though, the Giants are more dangerous than dragons, I was getting chased by a frost dragon in the Thundra, I accidently ran too closed to a few giants and mammoths, the dragon landed and was dead within 20 seconds. Course I died trying to get it's bones but whatever. After seeing the E3 demo when the Dragon trolled the Giant, I wasn't expecting this.

It's impossible to escape from a dragon if it see's you I think. So just look for a giant and you'll be grand/

I also heard people were having issues with installing the game after buying the physical DVD disk. (downloading a massive file or something)

Here's the solution:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/452910-installing-skyrim-from-the-dvd/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Spammed you all night on IRC. F*ck you for not answering.

i went to bed at 11pm so I wouldnt have to read posts about other **** playing skyrim before I did :)

how do I check how many fps im getting

skyrim told me I should be playing on high, but I put everything up to ultra and dragged the object distances all up quite high.. turned down the aa and filtering to 4 though... everything's running great at 1920x1080

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Jumpy wrote: »
    Last night I killed a chicken in a town at night. Just testing out my new spell.

Went off did a load of quests for the town and came back during they day. They all killed me.

Wasted hours.

Dont kill chickens.

That happened to me ! ! I killed a chicken by mistake some guy ran towards me. He then, he had no weapon so ran back into his house came back out and killed me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lol :D
    the riverwood trader wanted me to get his golden claw back. His sister walked me to the edge of town where I put 5 arrows in her face, robbed everything she had and threw the body in the river where it floated away downstream!
    . Nice to see that you can escape bounties by killing any witnesses.

• Advertisement

god almighty I ****ing love the pc gaming community

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4
    fullscreen windowed mode for skyrim

set the game to run windowed, at whatever resolution your desktop is at.. then run the exe you download from that link

it runs the game in fullscreen windowed, no borders or anything.. it looks just like it would if you were running it fullscreen but you can alt-tab out of it as if it were a browser or explorer window

rofl visual enchancer already out.

NOTE: Only suitable for really powerful setups.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11

Anyone get any dragon shouts? I have a few. Spoilers sorta...Force push, disarm, invincible and...speed forward. Been looking for word walls for a while but no look for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

Anyone else get the free pre order novels from GameStop? Kinda cool!!

how in the hell is iron armour only 2 damage better than leather armour

**** makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

So the map is only heavier weight textured paper? ah for feck sake I would have just downloaded instead of ordering a hard copy if I knew that. :mad: ah flip, more first world problems :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

how in the hell is iron armour only 2 damage better than leather armour

**** makes no sense
    Presumably it depends on what your Heavy/Light armour skill level currently is. If your light armour skill is above your heavy one, it'll reduce the difference between the two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The sheer scale is amazing, so much to discover,just after i left the first town i visited i decided to climb a mountain [nothing to do with quests]and came across some ruins with a temple inside.I jsut love random stuff like ive experienced so far.

see screenies of my first doscoveries :) i just know im going to love exploring the world in this game.

tesv2011111111435424sma.png

tesv2011111111461549sma.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was starting to stress out that the game wouldnt come today from Gamesnash and that the post was behind...... Girlfriend said she saw the postman go by and all :(

But.......... Guess what just dropped in the door!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D :pac:

See yous all in couple of months lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,740 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I did NOT need to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

i-9HNNHvS-XL.jpg

They one shotted my horse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

Does anyone know how much this costs in xtravision?

Unfortunately I'm sick, and just decided to get this game last night. Nearest place would be my local xtravision that I can walk to, if it's too expensive I'm gonna have to bus it out to the nearest gamestop. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you have Steam you can buy it on there and download it, you won't have to leave the house at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody else think the graphics are a bit off? (360) I have it installed but for some reason it seems like a step backwards from Oblivion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

If you have Steam you can buy it on there and download it, you won't have to leave the house at all.

I'm actually getting it for xbox :o
    If the weather calms down I'll pop out to get it, if not I'll have to wait til all the drivers in my household get home from work....

42.99 in hmv have it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Just got back from Game in Galway where I bought it (€45) for the PC. Installing now...

Have to say if what I'm hearing about it being designed towards a console is true I'm kinda disappointed in Bethesda, TES games have always been geared towards the PC before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

bluewolf wrote: »
    42.99 in hmv have it now :D

Game €50.. what a rip.. :(

was looking for it in tesco but they didnt even have it stocked!! was not impressed..

Already had it pre-ordered in GAME so just picked it up there instead.

The map (which I didnt really care about) is just made on fancy paper.. not really worth it tbh..

So my advice is just get it where you can find it cheapest.. prob HMV or maybe tesco if they stock it.

(PS3 prices)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Only got to Whiterun so far, but if all the cities are as awesome as that, I'm going to love this game.

Just love Dragonsreach and Jorrvaskr

Advertisement