Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mine was 45 in HMV, but I assume your talking about the PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Mine was 45 in game, but I assume your talking about the PC version?

No PS3 was my platform..

What GAME you get it in.. I was in Dundrum..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

hypermuse wrote: »
    Mine was 45 in game, but I assume your talking about the PC version?

No PS3 was my platform..

What GAME you get it in.. I was in Dundrum..

Woops, meant HMV dundrum.

Woops, meant HMV dundrum.

good.. was bout to get well annoyed there :D Its burning a hole in my bad at the min.. just wanna head home and play away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm having trouble getting my head round how this starts.
    The Imperial Legion are about to chop your head off. You escape. Then the first quest (I understand it's probably just a suggestion) is to join the Legion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Bazzo wrote: »
    Just got back from Game in Galway where I bought it (€45) for the PC. Installing now...

Have to say if what I'm hearing about it being designed towards a console is true I'm kinda disappointed in Bethesda, TES games have always been geared towards the PC before.

"..geared towards the PC before Oblivion", Im sure you meant to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thats like you said, a suggestion and not the main story arch at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Soldiered through the wind and lashings of rain to get this on my lunch break. Sitting here soaked through, which hopefully results in a bit of pneumonia for a few days next week! :P

Not even god himself will stop me bolting out that door at 4pm! :mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

grizzly wrote: »
    The Imperial Legion are about to chop your head off. You escape. Then the first quest (I understand it's probably just a suggestion) is to join the Legion?
    it's just a suggestion. As far as I know you can also choose to join the stormcloaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Goddamn gamestop charged €55. It was the only place open at about 10 to 9 this morning when I was passing.
    Ah well, prob would have paid 100 for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

grizzly wrote: »
    At the very last bit of the attack on the town, you get the choice to enter the keep with either the Imperial guy or the Stormcloak guy. I went with the Stormcloak and after wandering through, the mission was to join the Stormcloaks instead. I'm guessing they wanted it to be a bit like Morrowind where you can make up your own mind about which house to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,820 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gamestop would have my tender already but they didn't want to allow me to buy the preorder edition. "Erm no sorry you had to be here before 9". At 10:01, because they shut their doors for an hour. Lame bastards. For all that difference I would have just preloaded on steam but I do still want a map :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Wossack wrote: »
    "..geared towards the PC before Oblivion", Im sure you meant to say :)

Not really. I know they released it on a console but it still felt built toward the PC more so than the xbox in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Just got it this morning and played an hour so far. Really enjoying it. I'm having trouble opening the most basic of locks. Keep breaking the picks. I never played none of the other games before.

I know for example, Crysis, if you got down and dirty with it the vegetation looks kinda weak when you're up close and personal, but we all know from experience when you're actually in flow, it was a pretty beautiful game.

That said, I expect running DX9 that Skyrim will not make me weep angel tears but how does it feel? What are your first impressions of the graphics and the environment? How would it stack up to BF3 in terms of broadview perspective (seeing into the distance etc) as just being the most recent game I've sampled with fairly modern graphics.

Overheal wrote: »
    Gamestop would have my tender already but they didn't want to allow me to buy the preorder edition. "Erm no sorry you had to be here before 9". At 10:01, because they shut their doors for an hour. Lame bastards. For all that difference I would have just preloaded on steam but I do still want a map :P

Your as good just to download it and print it on some super fancy crispy paper!!

at least that way your map wouldnt be folded into 10-15 bits either.. crease free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This game only uses DX9, am I right in saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

First few minutes of gameplay for me:
    So after stealing everything not nailed to the ground, I get out of the cave and stumble upon a shrine surrounded by dead people. I love this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Yep indeed.

Yes because the consoles won't do anything more, so f*ck everything else right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Overheal wrote: »
    I know for example, Crysis, if you got down and dirty with it the vegetation looks kinda weak when you're up close and personal, but we all know from experience when you're actually in flow, it was a pretty beautiful game.

That said, I expect running DX9 that Skyrim will not make me weep angel tears but how does it feel? What are your first impressions of the graphics and the environment? How would it stack up to BF3 in terms of broadview perspective (seeing into the distance etc) as just being the most recent game I've sampled with fairly modern graphics.
    From a technical perspective, they really aren't all that much greater than Oblivion. Textures and environmental effects are easily a couple of years behind the likes of BF3.

What it lacks in technical proficiency though, it more than makes up for in art style. They've done lots of little tricks with the environmental effects, terrain and building style etc. to make it 'feel' pretty much exactly like the northern European style of landscape they want to portray.
    It doesn't use DX11's extra features, but it does use it for it's performance benefits where it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got me first Dragon Shout... its badass and it scares people near by. :D Also got in trouble for blasting a monk out of it had to reload.

Anyone get free books with their copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Got me first Dragon Shout... its badass and it scares people near by. :D Also got in trouble for blasting a monk out of it had to reload.

Anyone get free books with their copy?

Yep, I got them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Cant wait to get from work to play. Was on reddit all day :D

I got it for 3 euro off gamestop for 3 very old xbox and wii games so im delighted. i thought the trade in game list was all games within the last month but a couple were 6 - 12 moths old!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bluewolf wrote: »
    42.99 in hmv have it now :D

Didnt see it in HMV on grafton street so I sauntered down to GAME only to be told that you had to have the PC version preordered to buy it today.

That would have been the only money I gave a bricks and mortar shop for a PC game this year...and now its going to steam instead. And then these places wonder why their trade is dying on its hole :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Some of the physics in this game are a bit crazy. I bumped into a skeleton earlier and the ribcage went shooting around the cave, bumping off the walls. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Newaglish wrote: »
    Some of the physics in this game are a bit crazy. I bumped into a skeleton earlier and the ribcage went shooting around the cave, bumping off the walls. Very strange.
    Yeah i walked on a stag skull and it shot off into the night sky :pac:

But physics isnt enough to make me dislike a game... unless i get stuck in geomatry again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Newaglish wrote: »

Was watching a guy cooking in riverwood and he just sank in to the ground and disapeared. Ironically, I had just picked and eaten some brightly coloured mushrooms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

How do i get to the top of the throat of the world...spend the last 3 hours going around in circles...very annoying and stupid as ****

• Advertisement

busyliving wrote: »
    How do i get to the top of the throat of the world...spend the last 3 hours going around in circles...very annoying and stupid as ****

get on the back of dragon as he flies off.. you not done that yet?? :confused:

Advertisement