Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just a heads up, I was in HMV Grafton Street and they're sold out of it on PC, I got one of the last three copies in GameStop in St Stephens Green SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

busyliving wrote: »
    How do i get to the top of the throat of the world...spend the last 3 hours going around in circles...very annoying and stupid as ****

Yup,confused me aswell. As you're entering the village at the bottom, there should be a bridge at the bottom with two guys standing at the start of it. Go across that, and keep on going up, few areas where you go down but it's pretty much a linear path as long as you follow the steps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

PS3 downloading update, I'm almost in.

Time to mess with some villagers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sink wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I was in HMV Grafton Street and they're sold out of it on PC, I got one of the last three copies in GameStop in St Stephens Green SC.

How much are they charging for it out of interest? Even my usual steamworks gotos like D2D and G2Play are charging nearly €45 squids for this :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

marco_polo wrote: »
    How much are they charging for it out of interest? Even my usual steamworks gotos like D2D and G2Play are charging nearly €45 squids for this :mad:.

pc is 42.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I just impulse bought this for the Xbox rather than wait till i build my new gaming PC in the new year. Am i an idiot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nah, you can buy it again for the pc next year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

bluewolf wrote: »
    pc is 42.99

Maybe not worth saving 1-2 euros in this weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have fond myself babysitting my baby nephew somehow.

Worst. Timing. Ever.

I just impulse bought this for the Xbox rather than wait till i build my new gaming PC in the new year. Am i an idiot?

I'd say a few months into next year theres a decent chance you will be able to pick the PC version on sale for pretty close to the same price you will get for selling your 360 version second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Blowfish wrote: »
    At the very last bit of the attack on the town, you get the choice to enter the keep with either the Imperial guy or the Stormcloak guy. I went with the Stormcloak and after wandering through, the mission was to join the Stormcloaks instead. I'm guessing they wanted it to be a bit like Morrowind where you can make up your own mind about which house to join.
    Wow, I didn't even realise there was a choice. I thought I just had to follow that one guy. So I already ahve a reason to replay once I finish it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Got the CE

The dragon figurine is very very cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

yes you are an idot.. you should have a PS3 instead :D

No not at all.. When you get it for PC and play it 2 full capacity then you'll appreciate it soooo much more I'd imagine!

By the time you get it for PC the price should surely have dropped and you'll get something for it on trade-in..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't even realise there was a choice. I thought I just had to follow that one guy. So I already ahve a reason to replay once I finish it. :D

For what it's worth
    The first time you meet a Stormcloak prisoner, you'll get the option to free him, and even if you don't, you'll get a mission saying to join the Stormcloaks. First mission just seems to be what enemies you'll face in the dungeons at the start, and which mission you get first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

marco_polo wrote: »

It was €45 in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Overheal wrote: »
    I know for example, Crysis, if you got down and dirty with it the vegetation looks kinda weak when you're up close and personal, but we all know from experience when you're actually in flow, it was a pretty beautiful game.

I'm fairly disappointed with the graphics. It is the same as Fallout 3 / Oblivion.

Not sure how it is scoring so highly in reviews - the game feels out of date.

The combat is rubbish. Also, characters seem to be out of place and just hover across the screen.

Distance views are nothing special.

I still hope I get into it with all the Xmas holidays coming up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got my collectors edition.....now to install her :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loco wrote: »
    I'm fairly disappointed with the graphics. It is the same as Fallout 3 / Oblivion.

Not sure how it is scoring so highly in reviews - the game feels out of date.

The combat is rubbish. Also, characters seem to be out of place and just hover across the screen.

Distance views are nothing special.

I still hope I get into it with all the Xmas holidays coming up.

whhhaaat the fuu...... GTFO !!!

:) Imma save getting this game till i finish college for the semester, aswel as skyward sword.... have a full month and a half off to do nothing but game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Installed it to the PS3, downloaded the update, got to the press start screen, pressed start... and now there's some lovely music on repeat and a shiny dragon.

This is just the longest load screen ever, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Just want to know age it says on the box for Xbox 360?
    Will have to send my little brother(15) to pick it up for me so hopefully no hassle.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Just want to know age it says on the box for Xbox 360?
    Will have to send my little brother(15) to pick it up for me so hopefully no hassle.

Thanks

My PS3 version says 15 anyways..

But I do know one of my mates was telling me his friend, mid twenties was refused an 18 rated game!! embarrassing much??

Magill wrote: »
    :) Imma save getting this game till i finish college for the semester, aswel as skyward sword.... have a full month and a half off to do nothing but game.
    I'm sorry to have to tell you that that simply isn't enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Completed the game already :(

That's what I'll be saying when I do eventually clear it months down the line :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Installed it to the PS3, downloaded the update, got to the press start screen, pressed start... and now there's some lovely music on repeat and a shiny dragon.

This is just the longest load screen ever, right?

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it works now, in case anyone else has the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

i know absolutely NOTHING about the elder scrolls series!!! but this game look really good so i think i'll get it but large is the map, in square kilometres anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

think it's 16 square miles, but there's mountains so there's alot of up and down travelling and stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Fiesta111 wrote: »
    i know absolutely NOTHING about the elder scrolls series!!! but this game look really good so i think i'll get it but large is the map, in square kilometres anyone?

16 square miles, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

it's huge

25sq KM maybe??? all I know is that it's gonna be one hell of a long treck from one end of the map to the other :D

• Advertisement

Luckily, you don't need to know anything about it. But if you're interested, you can read the various books you find around the place and they fill you in on the history.

Advertisement