Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Nodferatu wrote: »
    has anyone been up to ''high hrothgar'' yet? can't for the life of me find the right path, spent last 2 hours trying to get up to it.

Yes. Steps start from the town on the right side of the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

all ye sad fanboys of pc/console. whinging and moaning and trying to defend your preferred gaming platform of choice. get a life, get a grip, were all gamers and were all elder scrolls fans, can ye not just forget about the fanboy war and just enjoy it. its taken years to get here and its taken only hours of being here for all this S**T to start up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I think I need a rehab after playing this 4 a few hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Nodferatu wrote: »
    can ye not just forget about the fanboy war and just enjoy it

It's a discussion forum. For discussions. Who are you to dictate the scope of that discussion?

It is very important that someone put the console infidels in their place, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i like having a "talk" option for the doggy
    then he woofs back at you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

bluewolf wrote: »
    i like having a "talk" option for the doggy
    then he woofs back at you

Be cool if he sent you on a quest to get a bone or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Zillah wrote: »
    It's a discussion forum. For discussions. Who are you to dictate the scope of that discussion?

It is very important that someone put the console infidels in their place, too.

Post of the week for sure :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Okay **** this: on my way up to Hrothgar I'm nearly killed by an ice wolf. Then I actually am killed by a second one.
    All right, I reload and continue on - the icewolf doesn't spawn this time - but instead I'm killed by an ice troll in four hits.

Didn't Bethesda learn anything from Oblivion? Fighting damage sponges is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Been playing for 4-5 hours now and haven't done anything more constructive than kill a few wolves :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

twinQuins wrote: »
    Okay **** this: on my way up to Hrothgar I'm nearly killed by an ice wolf. Then I actually am killed by a second one.
    All right, I reload and continue on - the icewolf doesn't spawn this time - but instead I'm killed by an ice troll in four hits.

Didn't Bethesda learn anything from Oblivion? Fighting damage sponges is not fun.

Recruit a buddy from one of the town inns, it will make the battle easier I wouldn't tackle an ice troll so early though as they regenerate health quite fast.

• Advertisement

Been playing for 4-5 hours now and haven't done anything more constructive than kill a few wolves :P

i'm talking to the animals!
    then i decided to fireball a chicken
    his friend came running straight over to investigate and clucked at me angrily

now i am at a stables, the horse turned around and stared at me then resumed eating some grass

they're not very polite in the meadery are they

stroll in, door is open, have a peek about
    next thing the guy is following me and yelling "last warning GET OUT"
    coulda just said "excuse me we're closed for the evening now" :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

fighting in oblivion was far too easy with crappy monster leveling, glad to hear people are getting their asses handed to them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Can someone give me some ingredients for low level potions? Im wasting all mine on nothing because I cant see any of the effects and there is nothing on google :( I manage to find 1 for flask of conjuration.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Can someone give me some ingredients for low level potions? Im wasting all mine on nothing because I cant see any of the effects and there is nothing on google :( I manage to find 1 for flask of conjuration.

the innkeeper tells you wheat plus um, something else i forget now, makes health

hey i gave a gold coin to someone begging and now i have speechcraft +10 for an hour :cool:
    "the gift of charity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

justryan wrote: »
    Recruit a buddy from one of the town inns, it will make the battle easier I wouldn't tackle an ice troll so early though as they regenerate health quite fast.

Actually,
    I had a rather nasty run-in with a regular troll on my way to the town at the foot of the mountain
    . couldn't seem to get to where I needed to go without passing by and aggroing it.
    First time was a bust so the second time I just lured it up to the village and let them handle it. God I'm such a dick.

And I'd considered taking out a companion (
    give my huscarl a run for her money, at least
    ) but I've always eschewed using companions in these games.
    The feeling of accomplishment that comes from beating enemies is severely diminished, I find.

As for tackling an ice troll at this stage... I'm not sure if its just a random spawn or something. It does seem odd that such a harsh enemy would be thrown at you at such an early point.
    Still, I generally seem to be getting my ass handed to me. Enemies are damage-sponges while my own weapons do pitiful amounts of damage.

But that isn't really why I play these games so I suppose I shouldn't let it get to me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

lol im playing on ps3 i have 26 hours(got it delievered thursday)played im level 2 have 2 trophies and havent even got to the 1st town yet i love this game

justryan wrote: »

Actually,
    I had a rather nasty run-in with a regular troll on my way to the town at the foot of the mountain
    . couldn't seem to get to where I needed to go without passing by and aggroing it.
    First time was a bust so the second time I just lured it up to the village and let them handle it. God I'm such a dick.

And I'd considered taking out a companion (
    give my huscarl a run for her money, at least
    ) but I've always eschewed using companions in these games.
    The feeling of accomplishment that comes from beating enemies is severely diminished, I find.

As for tackling an ice troll at this stage... I'm not sure if its just a random spawn or something. It does seem odd that such a harsh enemy would be thrown at you at such an early point.
    Still, I generally seem to be getting my ass handed to me. Enemies are damage-sponges while my own weapons do pitiful amounts of damage.

But that isn't really why I play these games so I suppose I shouldn't let it get to me too much.

FYI
    If you happen to encounter trolls again remember they are especially weak to fire, so find/enchant a weapon with fire damage, or learn the fire spell, the fire shout works equally as good. I also found jumping on a rock where they cant reach you and lobbing arrows at them works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just learned the first shout.... so cool.

Alchemy Tip:
    You can learn the first effect of an ingredient by using it, mix ingredients that share similar effects or experiment to discover new effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

What do you pc gamers think of the user interface?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

i'm talking to the animals!
    then i decided to fireball a chicken
    his friend came running straight over to investigate and clucked at me angrily

now i am at a stables, the horse turned around and stared at me then resumed eating some grass

they're not very polite in the meadery are they

stroll in, door is open, have a peek about
    next thing the guy is following me and yelling "last warning GET OUT"
    coulda just said "excuse me we're closed for the evening now" :rolleyes::pac:

Haha I burned a chicken and the whole of riverwood came after me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

catching butterflies is a right pain in the arse! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Should I get this without having a notion of any of the other Elder Scrolls stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

fergmcd wrote: »
    Should I get this without having a notion of any of the other Elder Scrolls stuff.

I did, after playing just 30 mins of Oblivion on a friends console which i thought was Meh!

Have to say im only 2 hours in but loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

the innkeeper tells you wheat plus um, something else i forget now, makes health

Wheat &
    Blisterwort i think. It's a mushroom that grows underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Can i just throw some junk in a random chest Whiterun and it'll stay there?

EDIT: Is there a house in Whiterun that you can buy perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Kernel wrote: »
    What do you pc gamers think of the user interface?

Love it!!

For the PC users where are all my Ultra-high quality screenshots? Can't find them for the life of me :/

EDIT: Also is there any way to quickly switch between setups? (example: dual wield -> dual magic wield) without hitting F? (ie: 1, 2, 3, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Im going through the talent tree's for a thief build and they look amazing, kind of gutted Im playing a brute sword and board now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just played this for seven hours straight, just a ridiculous amount of stuff to do. And I got an old republic invite during it, great timing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

FYI if you do all the quests for the Jarl of Whitetrun you get gifted a servant warrior at a decent level who will follow you around, attack your enemies and obey your commands.

She never dies either, but that might be because I'm playing on easy or something :D

Advertisement