Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

I thought this was supposed to be built on a new engine. It's more of slight upgrade really. Some nicer animations for the most part. The clunkiness of the old one is still there.

If you view in third person, walk forward and it left or right, the character instantly turns in that direction. I guess it was designed for analogue stick.

Textures are very poor for a nearly 2012 game. UI is ****e, mouse doesn't even work on it half the time, I have to take my hand off the mouse over to the enter key to select something.

The bear should be actually furry not just pretend 2d glossy fur texture. Those hanging cages should move and swing as I walk up to them.

Ah well, it'll still be great to play, and mods will eventually come out to fix it some parts of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Is it just me or are horses fairly suicidal? At one point I came across a bandit camp. I hopped off my horse just outside so as to make sure the horse was safe. On seeing the bandits though, the horse decided to charge in. It ended up trying to take on 4 of them at once.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm talking to the animals!
    then i decided to fireball a chicken
    his friend came running straight over to investigate and clucked at me angrily
    I tried to fry a random child in Whiterun. Turns out it wont let you. :(
    twinQuins wrote: »
    Okay **** this: on my way up to Hrothgar I'm nearly killed by an ice wolf. Then I actually am killed by a second one.
    All right, I reload and continue on - the icewolf doesn't spawn this time - but instead I'm killed by an ice troll in four hits.

Didn't Bethesda learn anything from Oblivion? Fighting damage sponges is not fun.
    You should try it on Master difficulty level as a mage with only robes to protect you. My tactics for this involve plenty of 'strategic retreating'.
    Gandalph wrote: »
    Can someone give me some ingredients for low level potions? Im wasting all mine on nothing because I cant see any of the effects and there is nothing on google :( I manage to find 1 for flask of conjuration.
    If you eat one of each ingredient, it'll show you the first effect of that ingredient. Then you basically just match 2 ingredients that have the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Skill trees look really cool, it's a real shame the rest of the menus are so bad.

Also anyone playing on PC and saying the game looks only a bit better than Oblivion needs their head checked. Understandable on a console because it's the same hardware, mind.
    Love it!!

For the PC users where are all my Ultra-high quality screenshots? Can't find them for the life of me :/

Ultra quality screenshots in this thread (along with other games but most recent posts are Skyrim).

For PC gamers this thread has a lot of info for tweaking and getting the most out of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    Just learned the first shout.... so cool.

Learned a couple more just there, the whirlwind one is class :)

@ IRL Sinister i posted some ultra screenshots a few pages back, actually more than a few, this thread moves so fast :P

Here ya go http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75417343&postcount=2120

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Can i just throw some junk in a random chest Whiterun and it'll stay there?

EDIT: Is there a house in Whiterun that you can buy perchance?
    yeah theres a house there, ask the steward. Called Breezeville or something
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Blowfish wrote: »
    If you eat one of each ingredient, it'll show you the first effect of that ingredient. Then you basically just match 2 ingredients that have the same effect.

Thanks, got a bit carried away and had my character ingesting quest items (ingredients) by accident, what a lousy way to fail a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

yeah theres a house there, ask the steward. Called Breezeville or something
    :D
    5000 squids?! Not for a while yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

To the guys regarding the Ultra-high screenshots.... I don't want to see any... I want to know where the screenshots I take in game are stored? I can't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Just bought this for £29 including the postage. Why is the map so important to people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just after meeting first dragon

what the hell am I going to do with
    the dragon bones? .. i can't afford a house for a long while, and all in all they are taking up about 70-80 supply of my inventory. I could sell them but.. i dunno, they seem important :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

the dragon bones? .. i can't afford a house for a long while, and all in all they are taking up about 70-80 supply of my inventory. I could sell them but.. i dunno, they seem important :)

You can
    make Dragonbone armour with them once you reach level 100 Smithing :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been playing the Companions faction for most of the day. It's ****ing brilliant. Faction Spoilers...
    getting Werewolf form from them is awesome. I went totally insane as a wolf and slaughtered a load of Silver Hand guys. Felt totally badass. Just about to start the Dark Brotherhood now....really looking forward to this, as it was the best quest line in Oblivion.

Love the game.

I
    made my slave carry them around, she's not really my slave but I cant remem the name for her, you get her straight after you do what you did!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I thought this was supposed to be built on a new engine. It's more of slight upgrade really. Some nicer animations for the most part. The clunkiness of the old one is still there.

The graphics are hugely different from my own experience.

Love the way the game uses music from Morrowind, a real blast to the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Love it!!

For the PC users where are all my Ultra-high quality screenshots? Can't find them for the life of me :/

EDIT: Also is there any way to quickly switch between setups? (example: dual wield -> dual magic wield) without hitting F? (ie: 1, 2, 3, etc)

There are no ultra high screenshots :p because this bastard was ported from 4 years ago (aka console) to PC. The witcher 2 is eating 17gbs of space on my disk because it looks awesome, Skyrim is barely 6 gbs because the graphics are dumbed down for the xbox. :mad:

That's why you don't get it on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That's why you don't get it on Xbox.

I didnt..but you still have the anchor that is xbox porting weighing the PC version down

yup the Morrowind music is fantASTIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Anyone know if the PC version supports a 360 pad setup? I dont want it for 360 but want to know if i can use my pad with it like. How are people finding pc performance? Is it raping video cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just finished the
    golden claw quest. Thought I'd never get out of that ****ing place, coffin dodgers at every single turn

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just finished the
    golden claw quest. Thought I'd never get out of that ****ing place, coffin dodgers at every single turn
    Yeah that place is massive, great dungeon though, really enjoyed climbing the mountain to it. Looks great straight from a distance too... very ominous. :O

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just finished the
    Yeah that place is massive, great dungeon though, really enjoyed climbing the mountain to it. Looks great straight from a distance too... very ominous. :O
    I went in thinking it would be kill a few bandits, take the claw and get back to riverwood in time for dinner. Then the path started leading me downwards more and more and I just thought **** this :D hated that massive spider and the overlord (though I jumped on him with blows the second his head popped out of the tomb :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

It seems rather buggy...

Nothing game breaking but enough minor glitches here and there such as people getting stuck inside carts, dogs running around on their bellys and supersonic skeleton parts flying around small areas when you step on them.

Came across an alchemist named Drelas in a house in the wilderness, he tried yielding to me but I slaughtered him on the spot. Anyone know if he was any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Played for about an hour. Initial impressions on 360 is that the graphics are a major let down, doesn't look any better than fallout 3.

Played for about an hour. Initial impressions on 360 is that the graphics are a major let down, doesn't look any better than fallout 3.

Had the same problem when I started it but about 3 hours in and I'm not really noticing it anymore. Seems to improve a bit after the intro and visit to riverwood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

****ing hell, i'm in a dungeon fighting draugur and silver hands... those silver hands just do not ****ing die

im pretty sure I have the best one handed sword and shield available to me atm, and they are kicking my ****ing ass
    really regretting using my dragon shout for the day on a draugur cos i thought it'd be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

dragon shout for the day on a draugur cos i thought it'd be funny

For the day? Are there some that don't recharge?

****ing hell, i'm in a dungeon fighting draugur and silver hands... those silver hands just do not ****ing die

im pretty sure I have the best one handed sword and shield available to me atm, and they are kicking my ****ing ass
    really regretting using my dragon shout for the day on a draugur cos i thought it'd be funny

I found a sick axe with an Enchantment in the cave with the Golden Claw (I think it was at the very end). I didn't replace it for a very a long time (not until level 8 or something) until I got the
    skyforge
    sword from the
    Companion's
    blacksmith! He gives you a sick sword though if that Enchantment ever runs out! (which it does and you need $$$$$$$$$$ crystals to get them back).

EDIT: Also seems I finally found out how to configure spells/weapons to 1, 2, 3, etc \o/

EDIT 2: FOUND MY SCREENSHOTS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Anyone know if the PC version supports a 360 pad setup? I dont want it for 360 but want to know if i can use my pad with it like. How are people finding pc performance? Is it raping video cards?

Yes the PC version can use the 360 pad.
    Infact sadly the UI seems to have been ported straight from the 360.
    My 5850's crossfire is getting raped by the game because AMD don't have profiles for it yet. :(

Advertisement