Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    My 5850's crossfire is getting raped by the game because AMD don't have profiles for it yet. :(

Really? My single 5850 is running it on ultra and it's managing fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I see Spriggans are as annoying as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Anyone know if the PC version supports a 360 pad setup? I dont want it for 360 but want to know if i can use my pad with it like. How are people finding pc performance? Is it raping video cards?

it's designed to be used with a pad tbh.. i gave up using the keyboard and mouse after 2-3 hours because the menus are annoying as **** with it... I just left the keyboard on the couch beside me for quick saving and quick reloading basically...

I'm using a 1GB nvidia gtx460 graphics card and game said I was fit to run on HIGH.. no problem at all so said I'd give ULTRA a go for the laugh.. was able to run it but you'd notice the slightly jittery feel once in a while - not enough to ruin gameplay but annoying enough to make me knock a few of the setting down a tiny wee bit... (besides who really notices the tiny difference between ultra high and high anyways ;) )

basically if you have a 1GB graphics card you'll be able to run in HIGH quality without a bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Cooking / Making Food is useless.
    Not too fond of the Alchemy.
    Spent 15mins Hunting Mammoths earlier , used 100+ arrows .
    Don't go near Giants
    EVERYONE runs slightly faster than you...(as an imperial)

My 6950 Is doing great on 1680x1050 ULTRA with AA and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

dango wrote: »
    Really? My single 5850 is running it on ultra and it's managing fine.

Res? I'm at 1920x1080.
    The game runs better with one card enabled, cannot wait for the amd/ati profiles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Elessar wrote: »
    FYI if you do all the quests for the Jarl of Whitetrun you get gifted a servant warrior at a decent level who will follow you around, attack your enemies and obey your commands.

She never dies either, but that might be because I'm playing on easy or something :D

Plus, she is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

She never dies either, but that might be because I'm playing on easy or something

She
    died
    on me the bitch.
    And she was carrying a load of my stuff as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

On things that wont die, I have only played a couple hours but it seems to me that switching between weapon types helps a whole bunch.

I was in a sword fight with a zombie for what seemed like minutes, then 3 of his friends showed up with battle axes and I legged it! Quick thinking me I put on some magicka gear, put Firespell in both hands and went Kamehameha on the guy in front of me.

Imagine my surprise that when he dropped, so did everyone behind him, I lit the whole hallway on fire :D
    Anyone know if the PC version supports a 360 pad setup? I dont want it for 360 but want to know if i can use my pad with it like. How are people finding pc performance? Is it raping video cards?
    It supports the pad fully. It's kinda jumpy on Ultra settings but I havent played any other settings. I think based on my symptoms though its a memory issue, which is not surprising on ultra-type settings for games, they jump from high to ultra presets in games usually boils down to having lots of extra GDDR or RAM.

It's gonna be sexy whenever the mods start rolling in for it though.

Playing with the pad seems like it would be preferable. The controls are optimized for it anyway in fairness, especially the two handed combat system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've more or less been using magic exclusively so far, is this a viable strategy or should I also focus on weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

danthefan wrote: »
    I've more or less been using magic exclusively so far, is this a viable strategy or should I also focus on weapons?

I use both, magic in one hand and a single handed sword in the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Magic one hand sword in the other, restoration plus a sword is a good combo for Dragons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I use both, magic in one hand and a single handed sword in the other

I've been doing this too.

The amount of nerd-rage on the Bethesda forums about the graphics is pretty hilarious. Have to say, my PC is three and a half years old and the game runs well at 1440 x 900 with most settings at Medium or above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Im just trying out everything, magic, two-handed, board and sword, archery.
    I like archery and the two-handed weapons the most.

I was planning on going the stealth route, but that would mean im stuck with one-handed weapons. Dilemma.

Also i just jumped into that cart and it killed me. Goty

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm also using it exclusively, i always have for these games
    working quite well

surprised at people talking about glitches, haven't come across any yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've been doing this too.

The amount of nerd-rage on the Bethesda forums about the graphics is pretty hilarious. Have to say, my PC is three and a half years old and the game runs well at 1440 x 900 with most settings at Medium or above.

It doesn't especially bother me but to be fair some of the graphics are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I don't understand all the hate for the graphics. It looks a million times better than fallout 3 or new vegas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seriously EPIC game folks,so much to do.
    The game world is enormous,thoroughly enjoying it so far.
    My character is running around with have magic gear and half warrior heavy armour lol, cant decide what direction to take.
    If only i could reset my perks spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Been loving this so far, they've made Magic far more Interesting to use. It's pretty much my main method of offense/defense now and only use a weapon to finish off something if my Magicka runs out. Went for a Breton Battlemage type of character (heavy armour and magic skills), pretty high up in the enchanting skill as well as I find it's a decent way to level up quickly and make money in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Keep trying L3 for sprint, even though i know it's not i'll hit it when i want to go faster and end up crouched.

I just found a new friend,
    Meeko my new wolfhound, he's great for killing weak enemies

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Keep trying L3 for sprint, even though i know it's not i'll hit it when i want to go faster and end up crouched.

What's the button to run faster on the controller, it's left Alt on the keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »

What's the button to run faster on the controller, it's left Alt on the keyboard

LB for sprint in 360 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm going through the main story and also fighting for the legion to restore order and crush the rebel scum!

But Where are the factions and guilds in the game? Dark brotherhood/champions guild etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DarkJager wrote: »
    LB for sprint in 360 controller

and L2 for PS3, but got it so stuck in my head to click the left analogue stick for sprint(L3) and X is jump.

But unlike so many games at least i can map them on this.

I'm going through the main story and also fighting for the legion to restore order and crush the rebel scum!

But Where are the factions and guilds in the game? Dark brotherhood/champions guild etc.?

Leave the main story till last, you join the factions in the other towns around skyrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

I'm enjoying it a decent bit. Feels far too like Fallout New Vegas though, especially the look. Same sort of wasteland look in parts and there are similarities in the factions and story. The learning curve is nicer in this game, easing myself in and moving up in skills. The world is well created but I prefer the nicer green landscapes of oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

The quest system and the finishing movies are the only similarity that feels exactly like new vegas. Even the sound when you get a quest seems the same? A small peeve I have.

Stuck in work.....:( I miss you skyrim!

Loving the mages guild quests. Loving the game on a whole really.

Noticing quite a few nods to morrowind and daggerfall.

Dragons are a little too easy to take down I find. Would have liked if they were more difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm getting destroyed by a dragon by the north pass or whatever its called. Not going there till I'm stronger....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i just summoned a blue wolf as a familiar

i approve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

KonFusion wrote: »
    Dragons are a little too easy to take down I find. Would have liked if they were more difficult.
    Up the difficulty then

Advertisement