Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Decisions, decisions. I have a pc which should handle ultra, but I have this on Xbox cos I've a big tv, wanted to play from couch etc. Never thought the Xbox graphics would be this poor though. So thinking of getting it on PC now but I don't have a wired Xbox controller and hear the mouse and keyboard controls ain't great.

So, do I stick with the inferior graphics but better controls, or go the other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Honestly, you'll get used to the keyboard/mouse controls and will make things like archery easier anyway. Plus all the mods/tweaks for the PC...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i was going to kill a mammoth i found for the mammoth horn task but he charged and killed a bunch of skeletons attacking me and now i'd feel bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I am breezing through this game,
    Dwarven Sword of Flames in right hand, healing/fire/ice/lightining in left hand. I've chosen the Breton race, and opted for a warrior type character at the start with full armor, shield and sword, and now I've changed to warrior/mage so best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I got some hot companion for completeing the
    Golden Claw
    quest! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Varik wrote: »
    I have one but can you get 1 for someone else.

Yup, you can befriend a certain stable person to use their horses for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jaysus
    those dwarving ball things are a pain in the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I have slain every dragon on the map, but now they are coming at random times, have to say it's pretty cool when you see their shadow hoovering over you as they pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

swiftblade wrote: »
    I got some hot companion for completeing the
    Golden Claw
    quest! :D
    who did you get? I completed it but only got 400 gold off him. If he's cheated me out of something else, he'd better sleep with one eye open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Branoic wrote: »
    Decisions, decisions. I have a pc which should handle ultra, but I have this on Xbox cos I've a big tv, wanted to play from couch etc. Never thought the Xbox graphics would be this poor though. So thinking of getting it on PC now but I don't have a wired Xbox controller and hear the mouse and keyboard controls ain't great.

So, do I stick with the inferior graphics but better controls, or go the other way?

why dont you just get a wired 360 controller and hook your pc up to your big tv :confused: win win

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

in the teaser videos for skyrim the dude said you could destroy the mills, so there'd be less wood/arrows available in the world later in the game

ive been hacking away at everything in this mill and nothing's doing.. was he lying? or do I have to murder the mill operator instead
    cos that'd be mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

why dont you just get a wired 360 controller and hook your pc up to your big tv :confused: win win

Because the PC is not and never will be in the same room as the big TV, alas. I may just pop down to Tesco though, get a wired controller, and just use it with the computer monitor. Not a major loss i suppose. Still, that'll be two versions of the game plus a wired controller - Skyrim ain't cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone know how to get around the Waking Nightmare quest bug?

Branoic wrote: »
    Because the PC is not and never will be in the same room as the big TV, alas. I may just pop down to Tesco though, get a wired controller, and just use it with the computer monitor. Not a major loss i suppose. Still, that'll be two versions of the game plus a wired controller - Skyrim ain't cheap!

cool just saying that is the way to go if your looking for console comfort with all the greatness of pc, that what il be doing when i get back into ireland in december and am playing skyrim, just need to find a long mini hdmi to hdmi cable, anyone know of a good place to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Having great fun trying to kill a frost troll atm -.-

Having great fun trying to kill a frost troll atm -.-

only way to beat a troll is with clear and precise LOGIC :p

Well 10 minor magicka potions and minor health potions later, i am victorious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is it me, or does the voice actor of Garret from the Theif series play a role in the game?
    Could swear he does the voice of that archer guy in the Theifs Guild, which would be fitting!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

in the teaser videos for skyrim the dude said you could destroy the mills, so there'd be less wood/arrows available in the world later in the game

ive been hacking away at everything in this mill and nothing's doing.. was he lying? or do I have to murder the mill operator instead
    cos that'd be mean

I would like to know this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I was wondering how I'd fare against a mammoth for the tusk quest until I saw one on display in the Bannered Mare. *Yoink!* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone tell when you press print screen to take a screen shot where are these normally saved?

In the middle of fighting a dragon as you do, then out of nowhere a mountain lion comes out of nowhere and one hits me. Mountain Lion>Dragon? :S

Between Dragon Bones, Dragon scales and armour, i can't carry anything else. Is there anyway that stuff can be stored safely seeing as i can't afford a home?

Either that or is there any easy way to make 3k Gold around Whiterun?

hahaha I just cast fury on the shopkeeper in riverwood and he killed his sister :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Between Dragon Bones, Dragon scales and armour, i can't carry anything else. Is there anyway that stuff can be stored safely seeing as i can't afford a home?

Either that or is there any easy way to make 3k Gold around Whiterun?

I just use my companion as a pack mule. :D

Notorioux wrote: »
    I just use my companion as a pack mule. :D

My companion is full aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i have about 7k gold

i did a couple of the quests to go to those bandit camps and kill the leader and retrieve a sword
    sell lots of stuff
    sold 17 wheat for 90 gold

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

hahaha I just cast fury on the shopkeeper in riverwood and he killed his sister :D

"Oh no! What have I done.......ah feck it, more profits for me!"

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Killed my 2nd dragon there. Was at Azura's Shrine, chatting away to the priest, when the Dragon came along. Started hammering me, till the priest joined the fight. Between the 2 of us, we destroyed. Was absolutely brilliant. I love this game so much.

Also spent 7k gold buying and upgrading my house in Whiterun. I'm broke now, but at least i've somewhere to drop my gear. Those damn dragon bones and scales were taking up 50% of my inventory space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Play all Bethesda games on normal. Recently played New Vegas and found normal to be more than enough of a challenge.

Would you say Skyrim is similar or would playing it on hard be better?

Advertisement