Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Can anyone tell when you press print screen to take a screen shot where are these normally saved?

steam -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim

EDIT: Also finished the Companions quest line. HELL YEAH!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC users , anyone want to bind favourites to a key?
    Heres how :) i havent tried myself yet but i hear it works.

First, assign a weapon, item, or spell to your Favorites. While in-game open your Favorites (Q) and highlight an object name. Now press a number key on to assign that object. That's it!

But what if you want to assign these objects to a specific hand? By default the above description will only hotkey something to your left. In order to assign an object to your right hand, you must press Shift + number key.

Dcully wrote: »
    PC users , anyone want to bind favourites to a key?
    Heres how :) i havent tried myself yet but i hear it works.

First, assign a weapon, item, or spell to your Favorites. While in-game open your Favorites (Q) and highlight an object name. Now press a number key on to assign that object. That's it!

But what if you want to assign these objects to a specific hand? By default the above description will only hotkey something to your left. In order to assign an object to your right hand, you must press Shift + number key.

Said this about 5 pages ago :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

feck yiz all and your gameplaying
    still waiting on my game, it was only sent on Thursday night so won't get it till early next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

LOL ! Dragon just came out of nowhere to fight me and some mammoths were beside me and started to kick his ass !!! Brilliant !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

december is too far away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

How do you guys get so much gold?

Only started playing this today (bought it late last night)

Not much played yet. In Whiterun now and currently looking for some fellow to talk to.

Is everyone following the main quest? I am getting lost in this game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

steam -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim

EDIT: Also finished the Companions quest line. HELL YEAH!

How many quests in the companies line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How do you guys get so much gold?

Only started playing this today (bought it late last night)

Not much played yet. In Whiterun now and currently looking for some fellow to talk to.

Is everyone following the main quest? I am getting lost in this game already.

Do the quest where you have to meet the chic at the west tower that will come up for you soon if you keep going in whiterun, I wont spoil it but loot the dead afterwards and crawl back to sell it off as you will likely be over encumbered as I was , netted me about 4000 gold, that was my 1st high pay payout from a quest in the game.

also im finding so far the game is tolerant towards you completing a goal before you have the quest (if like me you have the exploration bug and just have to look in very nook on the way to someplace else) , not sure if its possible to sell/loose a quest item though maybe ive been lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Cheers.

Ok I wil try that.

And yeah, My main problem is wanting to explore and go look for everything but I am afraid I will miss some quests then.

• Advertisement

busyliving wrote: »
    How many quests in the companies line?

Not that many -- but a lot of travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

calex71 wrote: »
    Do the quest where you have to meet the chic at the west tower that will come up for you soon if you keep going in whiterun, I wont spoil it but loot the dead afterwards and crawl back to sell it off as you will likely be over encumbered as I was , netted me about 4000 gold, that was my 1st high pay payout from a quest in the game.

also im finding so far the game is tolerant towards you completing a goal before you have the quest (if like me you have the exploration bug and just have to look in very nook on the way to someplace else) , not sure if its possible to sell/loose a quest item though maybe ive been lucky?

Are you talking about the companions quest line or an independent quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Tzetze wrote: »
    I was wondering how I'd fare against a mammoth for the tusk quest until I saw one on display in the Bannered Mare. *Yoink!* :pac:

Ha!

I went out to the
    Redoran's
    place they tell you to go, sneaking around with all the
    giants and mammoths
    and notice one fall out of the sky and kick the bucket :eek: Snaffled that tusk up!

EDIT: I absolutely, utterly, unconditionally, uncontrollably, undeniably love this motherforking game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

From a very early sidequest, I have a
    dragonstone
    in my inventory, I can't store it anywhere and it's taking up 25 weight. Pretty irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

danthefan wrote: »
    From a very early sidequest, I have a
    dragonstone
    in my inventory, I can't store it anywhere and it's taking up 25 weight. Pretty irritating.

talk to the guy at the jarl place in whiterun, he wants it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So can you bind combinations to keys? As in 1 for Sword/Shield, 2 for Bow, 3 for dual fire, or do i have to keep each item/spell binded to an individual key?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ScreenShot6.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg
    Some screen shots :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm having a really annoying glitch, whenever I'm up at Dragonreach or the Companions' hall the mountains in the background start to flicker from what they're supposed to look like, to black, then back again, etc. Anyone else having this or know if it can be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

loving this game, not v far into it, in bleak falls temple, love how when u loot a dead animal after shooting arrows into it there there for you to take again & u can pick them up after shooting them thats great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 krazykooper

I followed the legion member instead of the stormcloak member at the start of the game. I didn't realise that was an important choice at the start of the game. Is there any way to join the stormcloaks still? Are do they hate me for the rest of the game now or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Discovered how to fix my crossfire (5850's) fps problem.
    I was getting 25-45fps out in the open world with settings on Ultra (2xAA, 16xAF, no FXAA).
    If I am in the game and Ctrl+Alt+Delete and click 'Start Task Manager' the game opens up again but is now capped at 60fps (I like Vsync)!!!
    But annoyingly when I quicksave/save/load area and sometimes when I look at my skills/map the fps decrease comes back and I have to repeat the process!
    Anyway, might help any of you with crossfire problems.
    Great game, just finished the Bleak Falls Barrow and Claw quests.

Are you talking about the companions quest line or an independent quest?

It's a main quest
    where you kill your 1st dragon the scales and bones are valued at 150 and 500 each respectively even with minimal perks I got 4000 for the lot read over a few traders

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

anyone know if u level up health in the middle of a battle will it fully restore it?

edit, just tried it and it fully restores your health.. sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Has anyone worked out how to fix the annoying laggy mouse in first person mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm at Whiterun, if I didnt get a bow during the opening segment can I get one here?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Through the main entrance and straight ahead of you is the 'Drunken Huntsman' which I thought was a pub, but is actually a weapon seller!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Question for anyone who has done a few companion quests.
    When the smith is supposed to make you a sword how long do you have to wait? I've been standing beside him for ages but he keeps going back and forth to the forge not giving me my bloody sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Through the main entrance and straight ahead of you is the 'Drunken Huntsman' which I thought was a pub, but is actually a weapon seller!

ha I figured thats what it was as well never bothered to go in, I wandered off the direction it shows where you're meant to go after the Dragonstone and came across a giant, that did not end well...

krudler wrote: »
    I'm at Whiterun, if I didnt get a bow during the opening segment can I get one here?

Plenty to kill that will drop one on quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Agricola wrote: »
    Play all Bethesda games on normal. Recently played New Vegas and found normal to be more than enough of a challenge.

Would you say Skyrim is similar or would playing it on hard be better?
    I've been playing it on Master difficulty since the start. It works well for me, it's tough, but not impossible. Not being able to 1/2 shot mages like you could in Oblivion makes them much more interesting opponents.

Just started the first few Mage College quests. Some interesting stuff so far, no idea if there's an overall arc to it yet, but there are hints of what could be coming later.

Advertisement