Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What's the level cap on the game?

Going off the achievement list I think it's only 50 and if so they will raise it with DLC like Fallout.

50 is too low for a game like this and I hope it is higher. But I suppose if it was higher you would end up getting all or most of the level up perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So i only have 50 skill points? Ugh... Hate having to choose....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

****, I'm already at 25.

Anyone else having a surplus of souls but few words?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ED E wrote: »
    ****, I'm already at 25.

Anyone else having a surplus of souls but few words?
    If you do the mages guild you get about 5 words.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,469 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Overheal wrote: »
    If they scrapped their entire engine(s) and rebuilt something new from scratch, it might make major improvements - major, major improvements, over what is essentially an engine that probably traces large chunks of itself back to Morrowind, but it would also require years of development on top of what is already a multiyear development cycle for Bethesda since most of their time goes into Art & Design - creating dungeons, environments, towns, quests and all that good stuff. What you're looking at it a few years worth of game design.

Ah yeah don't get me wrong, I appreciate that if they switched engines completely it could have set back the Skyrim development cycle by a few years, I guess I just felt a small pang of disappointment that I wasn't jumping into a completely brand-new engine. It doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game by any means (bugs notwithstanding). If anything, it's been a long time since I've played a video-game with a genuine smile on my face & a feeling of legitimate wonder at finding some cool little moment.

Ultimately it's possibly a good thing it's really the GameBryo engine, because it means all the mod-makers, mappers & unofficial patchers have a headstart on figuring out the game data & getting out some quality mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

doe the levelling have anything to do with what race you choose?
    because when i played Obliivion i chose Dark Elf and even after 110 hours in the game i was only at level 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Going off the achievement list I think it's only 50 and if so they will raise it with DLC like Fallout.

50 is too low for a game like this and I hope it is higher. But I suppose if it was higher you would end up getting all or most of the level up perks.

Nope it's at least 70.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Nope it's at least 70.
    Mathematically its 70, but there are only 50 levels. but you can max out at least 3 skills and then have a few perks left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mathematically its 70, but there are only 50 levels. but you can max out at least 3 skills and then have a few perks left over.

There are more than 50 levels. Once you hit 50 leveling slows, but you can keep leveling up, and getting perks, until all your skills are at 100, which will happen at around level 70.

[edit] Actually from looking around a bit more there's a lot of contradictory information out there. Some places say perks stop at 50 while others say until you max out your skills. Guess someone will find out for sure soon enough anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is the overall volume ingame really low for anyone else on the PC? I seem to have to crank my speakers volume waaay up every time I play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is the overall volume ingame really low for anyone else on the PC? I seem to have to crank my speakers volume waaay up every time I play the game.

Yes I'm getting the same. I play through my TV and have to put the volume up to about twice what I would usually have it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I had this issue too but had a quick check in wondows and noticed my volume was only at 20% , slide it back to 100% , worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just killed another dragon yet i still can't use a new shout... What am i doing wrong?

Just killed another dragon yet i still can't use a new shout... What am i doing wrong?
    You have to put the soul into the word in the magic menu. If you dont have words do the collage of winterhall missions and you will get words in those dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

ShaneU wrote: »

That's not really a fix, just more a concrete root cause of why they are jaggy in the first place. I guess you can balance it out a bit until they fix this bug though.

You have to put the soul into the word in the magic menu. If you dont have words do the collage of winterhall missions and you will get words in those dungeons.

Ah i see it now, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This could be spoilerific because from what I'm reading online a lot of people don't know they are in the game yet.
    Supposedly the lore says they're extinct
    , but I've come across them twice now and been pwned both times. It could be my approach though.

I'm level 9 and keep getting pwned by these fúcking
    Falmer
    . It's crazy so see these because they act very Goblin like but from the lore, they are
    descendants of the Snow Elves, the original Elven population of Skyrim.
    I'm using a combination of dual-wielding and 1 weapon/1 spell usually.

They piss me RIGHT off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah, my bad, you beat my ninja edit. Quick, edit your quote :D Also, I SAW A MUDCRAB THE OTHER DAY
    I managed to find a pack of about 5 of them. I killed one, then raised it as a zombie and stood back to watch the Mudcrab battle.

I'm really liking how bleak the northern ice fields feel. I did come across an interesting quest in the middle of nowhere, not sure if it's part of a quest chain or not:
    I've to find an actual Elder Scroll

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Am I just stupid....or is there no way to bind weapon and shield to one button? I've tried various things but i cant get it to work. I should be able to press number 1 and have my axe and shield come out. They shouldnt need seperate buttons. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kirby wrote: »
    Am I just stupid....or is there no way to bind weapon and shield to one button? I've tried various things but i cant get it to work. I should be able to press number 1 and have my axe and shield come out. They shouldnt need seperate buttons. :mad:

Oblivion had the same. used to forget to take my sheild out quite a lot.

To do with the Companions:
    Are there any downsides to becoming a werewolf, or is it essential to carry on the companions quest line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Yeah ,made me rage.

Try going into the audio device and looking for enhancements and ticking Loudness Equalization

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Are there any downsides to becoming a werewolf, or is it essential to carry on the companions quest line?

I became one, it doesn't seem to change much. I think it could have an effect if
    you want to become a vampire.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I found
    red looking nirnroot(have to collect 20 in a big enough cave)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

not having any sound issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

You don't get the well rested xp bonus, ie because your a werewolf you are restless I stopped using the werewolf after I had to requip all my equipment when he changed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hey, Battle-Born Clan: I'm in ur house cooking ur food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just had a dragon circle me about 5 times then fly off, pretty bummed about this, I wanted to add his head to my collection :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Does food have any real use ?

What with all the regenerating health.

Advertisement