Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I've used food once... and only because it was taking up space. So no, not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i cooked stuff that was +15 restored to sta and +1 hp/s for 720s, +1 sta/s for 720s
    can be useful i guess
    i use it cos it's cheaper than potions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

well, that kinda sucks.

also, is the only way to find out potion recipes by eating ingredients or trial and error. I just wanna make some health potions but i havent eaten anything that even mentions health.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Does anyone know what shop is cheapest to buy it in for PC? I think it's €50 in HMV.

Looking at picking it up tomorrow morning.

Spunge wrote: »
    well, that kinda sucks.

also, is the only way to find out potion recipes by eating ingredients or trial and error. I just wanna make some health potions but i havent eaten anything that even mentions health.

you can buy recipes from vendors
    the woman in whiterun sells them
    the guy in the tavern in riverwoodjust tells you the health one for free
    blisterwort and wheat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

To do with the Companions:
    Are there any downsides to becoming a werewolf, or is it essential to carry on the companions quest line?
    You dont get the sleep bonus. Thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

kyub wrote: »
    This could be spoilerific because from what I'm reading online a lot of people don't know they are in the game yet.
    Supposedly the lore says they're extinct
    , but I've come across them twice now and been pwned both times. It could be my approach though.

I'm level 9 and keep getting pwned by these fúcking
    Falmer
    . It's crazy so see these because they act very Goblin like but from the lore, they are
    descendants of the Snow Elves, the original Elven population of Skyrim.
    I'm using a combination of dual-wielding and 1 weapon/1 spell usually.

They piss me RIGHT off. :mad:

I came across them for the lighthouse quest. Was a good one, but I din't find them very challenging. On the other hand there were these
    bug like things, can't remember the name but it's something like Chatecaur, and they kicked my ass majorly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

To do with the Companions:
    Are there any downsides to becoming a werewolf, or is it essential to carry on the companions quest line?

No rested bonus and a vulnerability to Silver Weapons.

bluewolf wrote: »
    the guy in the tavern in riverwoodjust tells you the health one for free
    blisterwort and wheat

Ah yeah, he told me then i completely forgot and couldn't get the dialogue back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just started. It's so......beautiful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

biggest problem yet for me is the inability to sell my loot, Shops only having a few hundred gold means i have to travel the world every few hours just to unload:/

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Hey lads just wonderin what difficulty you guys playing on? Just beaten the first dragon on adept and found it easy peasy. Anyway vote skyrim for GOTY http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

biggest problem yet for me is the inability to sell my loot, Shops only having a few hundred gold means i have to travel the world every few hours just to unload:/

Heh, reminds me of Morrowind and the mudcrab merchant. Sleeping on that tiny little island dozens of times so his cash would regenerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Notorioux wrote: »
    Hey lads just wonderin what difficulty you guys playing on? Just beaten the first dragon on adept and found it easy peasy. Anyway vote skyrim for GOTY http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

I'm sticking to adept for the most part seeing as some of the other boss battles can be hard as feck. You can just turn up the difficulty when your fighting a dragon, then turn it back down afterwards if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Definitely got my vote, I've played most of the big first-person releases this year and I've pumped in more hours on this game already and have had more fun playing it.

Christ, though, it's getting really hard on some spots. I'm getting my ass handed to me on what first appear to be simple quests and then turn out to be epic adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I'm sticking to adept for the most part seeing as some of the other boss battles can be hard as feck. You can just turn up the difficulty when your fighting a dragon, then turn it back down afterwards if you want.
    Yeah think i went ahead of myself and done a quest too early for my level...the guy at the end could kill me with one hit so i ended up just running away. Worked out well :)
    It was the first quest after you do the greybeards bit, they give you an idea of where another word will be, Volkysas or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Heh, reminds me of Morrowind and the mudcrab merchant. Sleeping on that tiny little island dozens of times so his cash would regenerate.

or creeper in that orc manor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I need bigger spells dang it :mad:

Also the dark brotherhood have a hit out on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I found it ridiculously easy at the start so I upped the difficulty two levels, but I've dropped it back down one after a while. Still feel a little guilty about how easy some bits are...others are still pretty tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so this game can actually be hard yeah? god i cant wait to buy it next month, waiting is like hell :(

• Advertisement

I love randomly being killed when i'm walking for ages trying to get somewhere then realise "oh crap it hasn't auto-saved since i walked outside that room 3 hours ago!!"

circos wrote: »
    I love randomly being killed when i'm walking for ages trying to get somewhere then realise "oh crap it hasn't auto-saved since i walked outside that room 3 hours ago!!"

If you're on PC, i think there's an INI setting where you can set it to autosave every X minutes

Spunge wrote: »
    If you're on PC, i think there's an INI setting where you can set it to autosave every X minutes
    Im not :) Ive learned to save anytime i feel like somethings watching me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

After the odd encounter with bandit archers, or others, I'm often left with an arrow in my mush :(. Not exactly game-ruining, but is there any way to get rid? It just looks a bit silly after a couple of hours.

Also, where are all these dragons? I've not seen one bar the lad at the start!

After the odd encounter with bandit archers, or others, I'm often left with an arrow in my mush :(. Not exactly game-ruining, but is there any way to get rid? It just looks a bit silly after a couple of hours.

Also, where are all these dragons? I've not seen one bar the lad at the start!
    Do you play in third person? Ive never seen it although i do only play in First person view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

How do I get the dragons out of the sky, one is circling me but wont lad, and I cant seem to hit it with a bow it moves to quick. I know its seen me because when I try sneak it says detected when it flies in close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nevermind I finally got it, looked amazing when I mounted it and started beating its face to death while my companion Vilkas kept circling it and beating it with a 2 hander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So as I was heading from Riverwood to Whiterun for the first time when a group of Armed Bandits show up and attack me saying they have a contract for my head.

I kill them and retrieve the contract only to find out it was put on me by Dorthe the Blacksmiths daughter who is about 10!!! WTF?!?

They need to release a mod for killing children fast!! :pac:

i havent added once to my health on levelling up, maybe it's time to start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

bluewolf wrote: »
    i havent added once to my health on levelling up, maybe it's time to start...

Who needs health when you have enough mana to lay waste to all the world?

Advertisement