Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Zillah wrote: »
    Who needs health when you have enough mana to lay waste to all the world?

that's what i thought but i'm getting tired of a couple swings really hurting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The way I see it, on the harder difficulty levels the tougher mobs will one/two shot you no matter how much health you have. May as well just leave it at the minimum and have a ridiculous amount of mana instead. Besides, running around with another summoner companion means there are 2 Atronach's/Zombies and my companion to get through before the mobs get within reach of me. At that point I can just fear/paralyse them or use wards/mage armour to protect myself.

i might start with the summoning again
    i was always mad into it in oblivion/mw but for some reason i havent done much of it yet here
    i think the animals i summoned got squished
    i'll use wards more
    i used to be big into fire stuff but i think the cold slows them or something so back to being a frost mage... half and half for variety :cool:

sneaking around a dank, dark, underground dungeon with enemies around?
    stop and cook! :cool::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

On the cooking point, I just found a bunch of human flesh. Anybody know any decent recipies for it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

I love that it learns from what you do now though. Seems more fluid that if you use heavy armor and like to wield one handed with magic in the other hand that you get better at doing that without telling it to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Also, where are all these dragons? I've not seen one bar the lad at the start!

You have to go through some of the main quest for the dragons to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Went and got a Khajiit his amulet back from some baddits. No he's decided he wants to hang around with me. Awesome! :D He even has the same armour as me.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/tastycheeseontoast/ScreenShot2-5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I was knocking around near Winterholm and a dragon just flew straight over my head and away over the nearest mountain, never to be seen again. I hadn't encountered one in the wild before. Do they usually attack you or do you need to attack them first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

What do you reckon is the best way to play, first or third person? I'm much more used to playing games in third person so it seems more natural to me but I presume there is a reason why it is first person by default.

• Advertisement

What do you reckon is the best way to play, first or third person? I'm much more used to playing games in third person so it seems more natural to me but I presume there is a reason why it is first person by default.

Definitely first, the developers stated it's the way it's supposed to be played.

where is that hlaalu wan in riften, im supposed to do some enchanting for her or something

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I toggle it personally, first when I'm a fightin' and third when I'm treking to some god forsaken hole in the earth.
    danthefan wrote: »
    I was knocking around near Winterholm and a dragon just flew straight over my head and away over the nearest mountain, never to be seen again. I hadn't encountered one in the wild before. Do they usually attack you or do you need to attack them first?

From what I've seen it can be either. Some will just pass by, others will take after you. The only time I've stuck around was when there were two trolls about to gimme a hand. If you cant find any of them make for a town for some archery support.

swiftblade wrote: »
    Went and got a Khajiit his amulet back from some baddits. No he's decided he wants to hang around with me. Awesome! :D He even has the same armour as me.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/tastycheeseontoast/ScreenShot2-5.jpg

Whats everybody using to screen, steam tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Random observations:

I think the first things that attacked me after I cleared the tutorial were fecking bees :eek:

Really enjoying a lot of the reading material too...way better than it was in oblivion

Wound up getting into a bow shoot out with some bandits who wanted to collect a toll, took a pot shot at one guy who was high up on a bridge and then ran up there to finish him off only to find he'd fallen off the edge and was hanging on by one hand. As I approached him he fell to his doom. Don't know if that was scripted but it was quite cool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Made it to level 10, 18 hours in :D bloody amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm afraid to look at my gametime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I started fighting with the stormcloaks but I hate the leader. :pac: Hope he accidently walks into one of my spells :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Bought my first house, finally have a place to store my stuff :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I started fighting with the stormcloaks but I hate the leader. :pac: Hope he accidently walks into one of my spells :D

You can set spell traps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

killed a dragon today INSIDE the settlement of dragonsreach with the help of almost all the guards. bunch of archers up on the wall firing away at it and when it landed guards helped me fight it on the ground, couldn't believe it, it was like something that was scripted but i know the dragons are not scripted. smart AI. game is bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Having a nice walk around and I found a Dragon, and a wall with words of power. Killed the Dragon (which aren't that hard but I digress) and this f****r jumped out of a grave and proceeded to kick the living crap out of me and my partner (she actually gave up 'I yield! Yield! Victory is yours')

I leaped off the cliff and ran like a madman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Can I take it this isn't all hype then, and it's infact one of the best gamers in years?

You can set spell traps?

Yep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nodferatu wrote: »
    killed a dragon today INSIDE the settlement of dragonsreach with the help of almost all the guards. bunch of archers up on the wall firing away at it and when it landed guards helped me fight it on the ground, couldn't believe it, it was like something that was scripted but i know the dragons are not scripted. smart AI. game is bloody brilliant.

Now that is bloody awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

So far I have clocked about 50 hours of gameplay

i killed one inside the college winterhold!
    it was funny, the apprentice mages running around yelling "help help!!" and then running into one of the halls to hide xD

Has anyone fought the Silverhand leader in Fort Fellhammer? Dude can one hit me o.0

And he just killed my horse!!!

This guy is going down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Has anyone fought the Silverhand leader in Fort Fellhammer? Dude can one hit me o.0

And he just killed my horse!!!

This guy is going down...

Is that the guy they call the skinner?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is that the guy they call the skinner?

Nah, this guy is the 3rd Leader, makes Skinner look like a puppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my first random dragon today. I was riding up a road when both myself and my horse burst into flames, thought i had set off a trap on the road or something until i heard a huge roar and the dragon flew low right over me.

Hard fight but i stumbled into some Stormcloaks and got my second word.

Advertisement