Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nah, this guy is the 3rd Leader, makes Skinner look like a puppy.

It says Iv cleared that place so I guess I have killed him, but I do remember 1 silver hand leader hitting like an absolute truck compared to the rest, 2 hand weilding orc if I remember right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was walking through a bitter cold mountain pass in a white out blizzard in the dead of night.

The blizzard finally clears and i look up and see Aurora Borealis/ the northern lights and a full moon , and i stop and spend a minute looking it and thinking a game hasnt made me feel like this since Oblvion and i had a big smile on my face . :D

The only thing to come even close was my first sneak around inner washington DC in fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gandalph wrote: »
    It says Iv cleared that place so I guess I have killed him, but I do remember 1 silver hand leader hitting like an absolute truck compared to the rest, 2 hand weilding orc if I remember right!

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi lads is this game worth a buy now or maybe wait til it drops in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Hi lads is this game worth a buy now or maybe wait til it drops in price?
    Its worth twice its price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its worth twice its price.
    I agree the amount of content is staggering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

get the game ffs :mad: you lucky sob, this thread is making me so jealous its unbelievable, come on december

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

get the game ffs :mad: you lucky sob, this thread is making me so jealous its unbelievable, come on december

Why aren't you buying it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nodferatu wrote: »
    killed a dragon today INSIDE the settlement of dragonsreach with the help of almost all the guards. bunch of archers up on the wall firing away at it and when it landed guards helped me fight it on the ground, couldn't believe it, it was like something that was scripted but i know the dragons are not scripted. smart AI. game is bloody brilliant.

Enemy AI can be pretty dumb though, I took a troll out by running across a river repeatedly..as he ran up an down on the other side looking for a place to cross I was busy turning him into a porcupine. Same with an ice troll..he got stuck on a precipice and by the time he got down he was toast

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness, trolls are fairly stupid :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Necromancers in this game are eery . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

met a guy in a bar who challenged me to a drinking contest and ended up in markarth

spoilers obviously unless you've been up there
    god damn, I don't know if I did the right thing letting all those foresworn out of jail.. lol. and the loot.. so much ****ing loot... im going to spend *ages* just sorting through it all, never mind selling or enchanting it.. great stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

also.. has anyone a clue how companions pick their armour?

lydia keeps equipping the weirdest ****, and weapons.. i read they are meant to pick the best ones but.. she just dosn't.. in terms of damage or value, it's crazy. im sitting here trying to figure out whether she knows something I don't about this armour she's using or to just take it off her and force her to use the steel armour

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

also.. has anyone a clue how companions pick their armour?

lydia keeps equipping the weirdest ****, and weapons.. i read they are meant to pick the best ones but.. she just dosn't.. in terms of damage or value, it's crazy. im sitting here trying to figure out whether she knows something I don't about this armour she's using or to just take it off her and force her to use the steel armour

Good question actually - reminds me of F:NV, companion kept picking spacesuit and all that . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Absolutely amazing game and I've barely scratched the surface so far

I'm making my through the
    Thieves Guild
    at the moment, which is bloody brilliant :D It's almost like a seperate game in itself

I haven't had many issues at all with the game, which is surprising considering the amount of bugs I came across in Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Is there anyway to respec your talent points?? I'm not 100% on my build but don't want to start over...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Is there anyway to respec your talent points?? I'm not 100% on my build but don't want to start over...

Would love to know this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

College of winterhold spoiler:
    I just finished this quest line i think, I am now the arch mage after a somewhat pathetic quest line which took me from being a novice to archmage in a matter of hours. I spent more time just gaining entry to the mages guild in oblivion....

There was no ceremony, Just some random guys that were missing for 100 years show up, start referring to me as arch mage before they bugger off and then the name must of stuck, as everyone else starts calling me it. An old man(I forget his role) gives me some OP robes, and says hey yea! you should be arch mage.

I know nothing about the college, the people in it or the role of archmage which i knew about after completing the mage guild quests in oblivion and morrowind. There doesn't seen to be any gain from being archmage as i had already stolen everything from his quarters days ago!

The quests were:

- Lecture quest
    - Ruin exploration quest
    - Quest to obtain books
    - Quest to a spirit below the college - 2 minute walking quest
    - Quest to locate a staff.(Large boring ruin)
    - Quest to obtain a staff.(Note: End boss was bugged so it just meant having to hit him until he died - He wouldn't hit back)

Overall it took me about 6 hours to complete, a few hours of that being in a single boring ruin..

Its the first major let down i have had with skyrim so far and i hope the other guild quest lines are much better as this felt rushed and missing a major chunk of content! I mean i just joined the college and im the archmage now...

With reference to the above, Are the other guilds much better and do they have a ranking system? Im a sucker for ranks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Absolutely amazing game and I've barely scratched the surface so far

I'm making my through the
    Thieves Guild
    at the moment, which is bloody brilliant :D It's almost like a seperate game in itself

I haven't had many issues at all with the game, which is surprising considering the amount of bugs I came across in Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas

Probably a really dumb question but how important is
    stealth and the likes
    for doing those quests? Because my char isn't that sort of char. Could I manage the quests anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Are the companions like the fighters guild or is there someone else in skyrim that represent them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Gandalph wrote: »
    Are the companions like the fighters guild or is there someone else in skyrim that represent them?

The factions are:
    Mages
    Thieves
    Dark Brotherhood
    Imperial
    Stormcloaks
    Companions

I guess the Companions would be the closest to the Fighters.

I just finished this quest line i think, I am now the arch mage after a somewhat pathetic quest line which took me from being a novice to archmage in a matter of hours. I spent more time just gaining entry to the mages guild in oblivion....

There was no ceremony, Just some random guys that were missing for 100 years show up, start referring to me as arch mage before they bugger off and then the name must of stuck, as everyone else starts calling me it. An old man(I forget his role) gives me some OP robes, and says hey yea! you should be arch mage.

I know nothing about the college, the people in it or the role of archmage which i knew about after completing the mage guild quests in oblivion and morrowind. There doesn't seen to be any gain from being archmage as i had already stolen everything from his quarters days ago!

The quests were:

- Lecture quest
    - Ruin exploration quest
    - Quest to obtain books
    - Quest to a spirit below the college - 2 minute walking quest
    - Quest to locate a staff.(Large boring ruin)
    - Quest to obtain a staff.(Note: End boss was bugged so it just meant having to hit him until he died - He wouldn't hit back)

Overall it took me about 6 hours to complete, a few hours of that being in a single boring ruin..

Its the first major let down i have had with skyrim so far and i hope the other guild quest lines are much better as this felt rushed and missing a major chunk of content! I mean i just joined the college and im the archmage now...

With reference to the above, Are the other guilds much better and do they have a ranking system? Im a sucker for ranks...
    Did you not do any of the side quests by the members? Doing that gives you a history of the guild and you get to know the members and the purpose.
    Shame on you for just blasting through :pac:
    That staff fellow that was bugged for you was the hardest fight I have had in the whole game, He could one hit me so I had to dodge and ward and could only use shouts at him to do any real damage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Question
    What the deal with the big castle of necromancers or whatever that are en route to winterhold? They knocked the pish outta me

Necromancy is just a form of magic in skyrim, not frowned upon and nothing to do with the college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

danthefan wrote: »
    The factions are:
    Mages
    Thieves
    Dark Brotherhood
    Imperial
    Stormcloaks
    Companions

I guess the Companions would be the closest to the Fighters.

I would have said the Stormcloaks are pretty close to the Fighters Guild, at the moment. Then again I have completed the Companions questline and not the Stormcloaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Work away from home during the week so my game is there, i'm considering buying it again rather than only being able to play during the weekend only.

Also will probably get it for PC during the steam sales.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

met a guy in a bar who challenged me to a drinking contest and ended up in markarth

spoilers obviously unless you've been up there
    god damn, I don't know if I did the right thing letting all those foresworn out of jail.. lol. and the loot.. so much ****ing loot... im going to spend *ages* just sorting through it all, never mind selling or enchanting it.. great stuff

Happened to me too. Loads of quests completed and returning to whiterun to sell my stuff only to foolishly play that drinking game. It was very funny though but the first thing I thought was right get out of here quick before I end up with 10 more quests but no couldn't walk two steps before getting embroiled in more ****. What a game :)

I'm now playing the "was also a feature in earlier elder scrolls games" drinking game with this thread. Every time someone who obviously never played any of the previous games posts here to praise some feature in Skyrim and I'm thinking "that was also a feature in..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just killed my first Dragon :D GOTY for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im really enjoying this now, at first i thought it was good and i was going with a destro mage but then got bored out of my mind spamming fire and running around in circle's so i started a assasiny thief character in stead game's awesome just started wondering around doing quests havent done anything after the first dragon quest with the main story line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Advertisement