Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Took part in a drinking game in Whiterun...
    blacked out, and woke up in Markarth on the far west of the map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Haha that video is hilarious! How do you pick stuff up like that on xbox? In oblivion it was right bumper but not this time :(

3.30 and college 1st thing in the morning, Im addicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

DarkJager wrote: »
    Bought my first house, finally have a place to store my stuff :D

In Whiterun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Haha that video is hilarious! How do you pick stuff up like that on xbox? In oblivion it was right bumper but not this time :(

3.30 and college 1st thing in the morning, Im addicted!

'Hold` a for xbox and x for ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I just finished the mission with the dragonclaw in the ruins and I still haven't met a dragon. Looked on the the roof of the ruins where the dragonclaw and there want one perched on it. (I know there randomly generated).
    Am I just too poooowwwerful?

Ps. Am level six wood el
    f and have to run from giants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Just fought Alduin at the Throat of the World, thought the adventure was coming to an end but the battle turned out to be just a warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Holy shìt, I just had one hell of an epic battle.

I fast travelled to a camp out with Lydia and Stampy, my trusty steed. Suddenly, a dragon decided to cause some trouble which we were all up for.

But, things took a turn for the worse when a giant, 3 wolves, and a sabre-tooth tiger decided to join in on the rampage.........

...........and then a 2nd dragon appeared :eek:

screenshot2xy.png

So, here we had:
    • Me
    • Lydia
    • Stampy (I call him that since he likes to kill everything in sight)
    • A Giant
    • A Sabre-tooth tiger
    • 3 Wolves
    • 2 Dragons

It turned into a complete mess and I didn't know who to go after first. It got so hectic I couldn't even get pictures. The giant was destroyed in seconds by 1 dragon, I killed the tiger, the wolves went after Lydia, and Stampy took on the other dragon on his own.

I was sure Stampy was done for with the amount of abuse he got. The dragon relentlessly fried him to the point where Stampy legged it off while still on fire. I couldn't see him anywhere in the open so I was sure he died a crispy corpse

Lydia took care of the wolves so me and her went after the dragons. One went off terrorising somebody else up ahead of us so the 2 of us focused on the other.

The dragon was ignoring me and was utterly destroying Lydia. Next thing it landed, spewed fire on her and she dropped on her knees (that pose when NPCs have a tiny bit of energy left).

I had no magicka, potions, nothing left to save her since the dragon had a bit of energy left. The dragon went to spew more fire to truly finish my companion off when suddenly.....

screenshot4ye.png

Stampy came back out of nowhere and litteraly saved her at the last millisecond. You can still see her on her knees while her hero gets cooked.

Valiantly, he stood his ground and the 2 squared up to each other. Nobody was dying on Stampy's watch.

screenshot5gu.png

The 2 battered each other and I took the oppertunity to start slashing at the bastard. Lydia regained and all 3 of us took him down quickly.

Just as he died the 2nd dragon landed and all 3 of us clobbered the shìte out of it. A wolf joined in but Stampy was having none of it and killed it straight away :pac:

Eventually, we killed it and I absorbed it's soul. I looked around at the sheer carnage of corpses and blood that littered our battleground. Sheer epic battle.

We then posed beside our trophies which died exactly like this, I didn't move them at all.

"Nice work, Stampy, we're proud of ya!"

I love this game! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Holy shìt, I just had one hell of an epic battle.

I fast travelled to a camp out with Lydia and Stampy, my trusty steed. Suddenly, a dragon decided to cause some trouble which we were all up for.

But, things took a turn for the worse when a giant, 3 wolves, and a sabre-tooth tiger decided to join in on the rampage.........

...........and then a 2nd dragon appeared :eek:

So, here we had:
    • Me
    • Lydia
    • Stampy (I call him that since he likes to kill everything in sight)
    • A Giant
    • A Sabre-tooth tiger
    • 3 Wolves
    • 2 Dragons

It turned into a complete mess and I didn't know who to go after first. It got so hectic I couldn't even get pictures. The giant was destroyed in seconds by 1 dragon, I killed the tiger, the wolves went after Lydia, and Stampy took on the other dragon on his own.

I was sure Stampy was done for with the amount of abuse he got. The dragon relentlessly fried him to the point where Stampy legged it off while still on fire. I couldn't see him anywhere in the open so I was sure he died a crispy corpse

Lydia took care of the wolves so me and her went after the dragons. One went off terrorising somebody else up ahead of us so the 2 of us focused on the other.

The dragon was ignoring me and was utterly destroying Lydia. Next thing it landed, spewed fire on her and she dropped on her knees (that pose when NPCs have a tiny bit of energy left).

I had no magicka, potions, nothing left to save her since the dragon had a bit of energy left. The dragon went to spew more fire to truly finish my companion off when suddenly.....

Stampy came back out of nowhere and litteraly saved her at the last millisecond. You can still see her on her knees while her hero gets cooked.

Valiantly, he stood his ground and the 2 squared up to each other. Nobody was dying on Stampy's watch.

The 2 battered each other and I took the oppertunity to start slashing at the bastard. Lydia regained and all 3 of us took him down quickly.

Just as he died the 2nd dragon landed and all 3 of us clobbered the shìte out of it. A wolf joined in but Stampy was having none of it and killed it straight away :pac:

Eventually, we killed it and I absorbed it's soul. I looked around at the sheer carnage of corpses and blood that littered our battleground. Sheer epic battle.

We then posed beside our trophies which died exactly like this, I didn't move them at all.

"Nice work, Stampy, we're proud of ya!"

I love this game! :D

It's a pity Bethesda have nothing like OnLive's brag clips. I would have loved to see a video of this battle. Sounds absolutely bat-**** crazy. Could only happen to you, Duggy.

On another note, has anyone come across Drelas cottage yet?
    I went in and he just went mental straight away and hit me will all sorts of powerful spells. He killed me in no time. I went back after I had levelled up and managed to take him down. Checked his house head to toe and there is nothing of any interest in there. Seems odd. I reloaded and let him be in case it has something to do with a quest or something.

Edit: It's never going to happen but I somehow hope Duggy's post gets post of the day. I nearly wet myself reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

GO STAMPY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Why aren't you buying it again?

doing a course over in london for the month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

that's brilliant, go stampy :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

What is the console experience like? I played Morrowind and Oblivion on PC, though my PC is now too old. I currently cannot afford to upgrade, though I would probably hold off from buying Skyrim for consoles if the experience isn't all too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Duggy747 wrote: »
    It got so hectic I couldn't even get pictures. The giant was destroyed in seconds by 1 dragon,

I call shennanigans on that !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Didn't want to quote the pics above of Stampy etc but they look AMAZING!

I imagine that is the PC version? Do either of the console versions look that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Took part in a drinking game in Whiterun...
    blacked out, and woke up in Markarth on the far west of the map :D

Try the on in Markarth
    You end up in a temple somewhere that you made a mess of and things go from there
    It's a pity Bethesda have nothing like OnLive's brag clips. I would have loved to see a video of this battle. Sounds absolutely bat-**** crazy. Could only happen to you, Duggy.

On another note, has anyone come across Drelas cottage yet?
    I went in and he just went mental straight away and hit me will all sorts of powerful spells. He killed me in no time. I went back after I had levelled up and managed to take him down. Checked his house head to toe and there is nothing of any interest in there. Seems odd. I reloaded and let him be in case it has something to do with a quest or something.

Edit: It's never going to happen but I somehow hope Duggy's post gets post of the day. I nearly wet myself reading it.

Dude, Y U quote pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Can somebody help me with something?

Iv 'found' about 3-4 extra shouts (I got the Powerful 'Push' shout after defeating the first dragon and using that ok) mainly they are Ice magic shouts. Now I have killed about 4 dragons so I have 4 dragon souls absorbed. When I go into the shout menu I can't seem to 'unlock' the extra shouts that iv found. When I click on the shout I want to unlock it says " you need to absorb dragon souls to unlock this etc " but I already have 4 dragon souls!

Is there something I'm missing or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

busyliving wrote: »
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Bought my first house, finally have a place to store my stuff :D

In Whiterun?

Yeah that's the one, it's called breezehome. I'm now solid broke after furnishing it, got sick of looking at cob webs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Iv 'found' about 3-4 extra shouts (I got the Powerful 'Push' shout after defeating the first dragon and using that ok) mainly they are Ice magic shouts. Now I have killed about 4 dragons so I have 4 dragon souls absorbed. When I go into the shout menu I can't seem to 'unlock' the extra shouts that iv found. When I click on the shout I want to unlock it says " you need to absorb dragon souls to unlock this etc " but I already have 4 dragon souls!

PC? It took me a while to get that one. Hilight the shout then hit R(it says it the bottom).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Level 20 and completly addicted! I havent even done much of the main storyline yet either! I am a two handed warrior type and I love the playstyle. I heard people say it doesnt feel like your hitting something like in morrowind but I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kiith wrote: »
    Been playing the Companions faction for most of the day. It's ****ing brilliant. Faction Spoilers...
    getting Werewolf form from them is awesome. I went totally insane as a wolf and slaughtered a load of Silver Hand guys. Felt totally badass. Just about to start the Dark Brotherhood now....really looking forward to this, as it was the best quest line in Oblivion.

Love the game.
    How do you transform again into a werewolf?

I did the initial bit where you drink the blood, transformed, wake up in the woods, but since then, when I had use the beast form spell, nothing happens

Funniest moment so far, I was travelling from Whiterun (or whatever you call it) to Hol Hargerth, so going around that mountain on the road, and was admiring the raging rapids in the river, and this little fox appears and keeps growling at me, I resisted the urge to put an arrow in him, and he ran off ahead of me, he left over a rock, then lept into the river, and you could see him getting swept away...

I was thinking, what the hell did he jump in there for, I jumped over the same rock and spotted a Sabre Cat, so the fox must fled from that, so into the river I went too after the fox...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you made sure to go up the mountain to the greybeards ?
    You may to do that first before unlocking new shouts.
    Mine just works by highlights and pressing R when I try unlock

Managed to get into the Dark Brotherhood, my fave faction by far in Oblivion.
    The free gear you get off them looks excellent !! :D

I tend to just wander around Skyrim, and when I spot something interesting in the distance I just go and look, check out all random caves etc.
    Came accross some mental hard bosses, that I've just had to run from though.
    Also came accross the most beautiful cave ever, I don't think It will be topped in the game, it's somewhere in the North mountains, felt like a mix between Hellboy 2 and the planet in Avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

1st dragon you gotta kill in the game I found very easy to kill but when I encountered a random 2nd dragon.. man that was tough!!

Especially since a polar bear/snow cat kinda creature came along to join the fight..

After killing the bear-cat-pig creature I re-animated it and then we destroyed the dragon together!! great stuff!!

PLaying as a mage and its badass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How do you transform again into a werewolf?

I did the initial bit where you drink the blood, transformed, wake up in the woods, but since then, when I had use the beast form spell, nothing happens

Funniest moment so far, I was travelling from Whiterun (or whatever you call it) to Hol Hargerth, so going around that mountain on the road, and was admiring the raging rapids in the river, and this little fox appears and keeps growling at me, I resisted the urge to put an arrow in him, and he ran off ahead of me, he left over a rock, then lept into the river, and you could see him getting swept away...

I was thinking, what the hell did he jump in there for, I jumped over the same rock and spotted a Sabre Cat, so the fox must fled from that, so into the river I went too after the fox...

"Equip" it, either through favorites or regularly and then press "Z". NOTE: It can only be used once a day. I suggest using it when you're in a dungeon where all the enemies are at a similar level and you're struggling in 2v1 (3v2) situations. It also helps if you're fighting against a pretty densely populated area (for feeding).

Have fun (:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

doing a course over in london for the month :(

Well, at least you're not going on about it! :pac::P

Can't remember the last time I thought so much about a game. Went to bed at all hours last night, in work now with a mountain of work to do and I'm just counting down the hours til i go home :(.

I would love to get a 'flu or a broken leg or something....:D

Definitely game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Do companions effect how stealthy you are ?

Say, for instance, im really stealthy, high skills in stealth and light armour crouching around. Will my companion in heavy armour give us away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Fast travelled to random place about 2am game time. Happened to come upon two dragons flying over head who then attacked a group of 4 mammoths and two giants. An epic battle ensued of me watching from afar waiting to claim some dragon souls :D for some reason the giants and mammoths seemed to want to kill me too so i stayed away as they can take a bit of time to kill!

I love the randomness of bethesdas games. Makes me not want to fast travel and just walk most places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Spunge wrote: »
    Do companions effect how stealthy you are ?

Say, for instance, im really stealthy, high skills in stealth and light armour crouching around. Will my companion in heavy armour give us away ?

no, i don't think so

i was trying to sneak by a guard to break into some rooms and my companion was crouched down a ways behind me following up. I was hiding in the corner of a wall where the guard couldn't see me, and my companion was kinda out in the open.. and the guard didn't notice ****

i went to makarath last night and after "that" quest, I ended up disgracefully loaded up with loot.. that was around 9:30pm when I finally got back to whiterun

00:00 this morning I finally finish sorting out my inventories, smithing all my weapons/armour to flawless.. travelling back and forth between the yarls castle and my house enchanting items and selling them... almost 3 hours of not doing anything really game related and it was ****ing awesome

im still really confused by the armours though... i have wolf armour whatever that is, it's stronger than steel armour, weighs about a quarter of what steel weighs.. but is worth about 20-30% of what steel is worth.. i just don't get it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The armour stat increase depending on your Light/Heavy skills. So if your Light Armour is at 75 and your Heavy Armour is at 25, light armour (like Leather, Wolf etc...) will be better than heavy armour (Steel, Iron etc...).

Heavy Armour looks cooler though :(

• Advertisement

wolf is heavy armour though, so it's affected by the same stats as my steel..

and yeah, i dont know how wolf armour is heavy armour if it's actually made from wolf hide..

Advertisement