Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Is investing the time into Smithing worth it, though? I'm fully decked out in Elven Armor at the moment after some assassin tried to get the better of me (LOL) and it's pretty amazing stats-wise.

I use Heavy Armor and I am an Orc.

EDIT: On that note -- having an assassin with a note saying 'Kill [name] the contract has already been paid for, don't let us down" or something along those lines was a pretty sweet feeling even though I have no idea why someone wants a bounty on my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Isn't Elven Armour Light armour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

'tis indeed

pretty epic as far as light armour goes, have lydia decked out in a set

and yeah smithing is awesome, you get to improve your armour to ridiculous levels and you can create armour/weapons /jewellery to enchant or sell.. easy money

i had a guy in whiterun send some mercenaries after me for being a thief.. but I never stole from that guy! was very confused

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm level 80 smithing now, may as well go the whole way and get me some Dragonbone armour!

Do you deck out Lydia by just trading her equipment because I've found the Nords have a tendancy to veer towards Fur/Hide Armor :S?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

I would love to get a 'flu or a broken leg or something....:D

No you wouldn't. I'm stuck in hospital with cellulitis in my leg atm and reading this thread is driving me bat**** crazy.

I JUST WANT TO READ ALL THE SPOILERS! but i caaaaaaaan't

Blowfish wrote: »
    Isn't Elven Armour Light armour?

Dunno, probably, need to check it out. I doubt it, though, considering it had way higher stats than most of my other Heavy Armor gear (ie: steel/Imperial)

EDIT: Oh lol, now that I think of it I think it was Dwarven Armor, not Elven :>

Do you deck out Lydia by just trading her equipment because I've found the Nords have a tendancy to veer towards Fur/Hide Armor :S?

yeah i take away all the other armours from hjer inventory and force her to use that stuff

she's a bitch for using swords I dont want her to use though.. she has a flawless steelforge sword, and she keeps using the ****ty steel greatswords I put in her inventory to take home and sell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Quick question about Lydia, when you bring her out with you can she die? **Companion Spoiler**
    or is it like with Farkas and that they just get stunned for a while and cant help you.

yeah i take away all the other armours from hjer inventory and force her to use that stuff

she's a bitch for using swords I dont want her to use though.. she has a flawless steelforge sword, and she keeps using the ****ty steel greatswords I put in her inventory to take home and sell

Lol'd. And can they use Heavy Armor or does she only equip Light ****? Because I only use Heavy so it's kinda pointless her wearing Light because she will be moving too fast, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Quick question about Lydia, when you bring her out with you can she die? **Companion Spoiler**
    or is it like with Farkas and that they just get stunned for a while and cant help you.

I was fighting some necromancer and she got panned by him but she was back up on her feet in the full of her health once I'd done for yer man. I've renamed her Carrie becasue she's mostly there to carry stuff for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I'm level 80 smithing now, may as well go the whole way and get me some Dragonbone armour!

just remember to eat and drink in the meantime or you'll die

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Nodferatu wrote: »
    just remember to eat and drink in the meantime or you'll die

Ah sure it doesn't take that long at all. Level progression seams to be closer to linear as oppossed to exponential like most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Bambi wrote: »
    I was fighting some necromancer and she got panned by him but she was back up on her feet in the full of her health once I'd done for yer man. I've renamed her Carrie becasue she's mostly there to carry stuff for me :pac:

Lydia's dead in my game. :( Dwarven Centurion finished her off. Looking at her "owned" bed in Breezehome makes me feel sad. I tried to request a new Housecarl from the Jarl...he's not interested apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Bambi wrote: »

My lydia died anyway...i was shocked and screwed at the same time seeing as i was use to her being the first wave! Maybe thats why she died...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

i went to makarath last night and after "that" quest, I ended up disgracefully loaded up with loot.. that was around 9:30pm when I finally got back to whiterun

00:00 this morning I finally finish sorting out my inventories, smithing all my weapons/armour to flawless.. travelling back and forth between the yarls castle and my house enchanting items and selling them... almost 3 hours of not doing anything really game related and it was ****ing awesome

I've played about 16 hours so far (currently level 9.) I'd say about two thirds of that time has just been faffing about organising stuff and stealing stuff (but I'm still broke.) It's so much fun just doing the enchanting, blacksmithing and alchemy stuff, along with sneaking into people's houses and making off with their stuff that I just haven't been doing many plain auld fighting quests. In fact apart from the starting mission the only real dungeon type one I've done is the first Mage's Guild quest. The other few have been the starting quests for the Dark Brotherhood (they have the best set pieces and characters, I'm absolutely certain that there are fights within Bethesda about who gets to write for them) and the Thieve's Guild (who are a bit of a disappointing lot, but I'm sure I'll whip them into shape.)

I think I'm actually about to get fairly bunched for spreading my perk points all over the place. I've put very little into damage effects. Ah well, I'll plough on anyway. It's been a great 16 hours so far.

Buceph wrote: »
    I've played about 16 hours so far (currently level 9.) I'd say about two thirds of that time has just been faffing about organising stuff and stealing stuff (but I'm still broke.) It's so much fun just doing the enchanting, blacksmithing and alchemy stuff, along with sneaking into people's houses and making off with their stuff that I just haven't been doing many plain auld fighting quests. In fact apart from the starting mission the only real dungeon type one I've done is the first Mage's Guild quest. The other few have been the starting quests for the Dark Brotherhood (they have the best set pieces and characters, I'm absolutely certain that there are fights within Bethesda about who gets to write for them) and the Thieve's Guild (who are a bit of a disappointing lot, but I'm sure I'll whip them into shape.)

I think I'm actually about to get fairly bunched for spreading my perk points all over the place. I've put very little into damage effects. Ah well, I'll plough on anyway. It's been a great 16 hours so far.

And there's the beauty of an Elder Scrolls game.

I'd also like to mention how fricking addictive lockpicking is. I literally lockpick empty cages/cells just to do it some more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

And there's the beauty of an Elder Scrolls game.

I'd also like to mention how fricking addictive lockpicking is. I literally lockpick empty cages/cells just to do it some more :/

I ran out of lockpicks! Never thought that would happen!

i spent most of my time in oblivion stealing stuff it was such a rush breaking into someones house and clearing out *everything*, but i've hardly broken into any homes at all in skyrim.. i think having a companion around changes the way I play the game

it's so handy to have one but.. I dunno.. maybe when I actually find the thieves guild

hell of a game though.. i'm level 22 and I haven't found the mages, thieves or dark brotherhood.. and only done 2 companion quests

havent gotten into that aspect of the game properly myself but might work on it when i finish work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can someone tell me the difference between having Lydia around and one of those guys in the taverns like Sven in riverwood? We went up to the entrance of bleak falls to pick up the loot and she unfortunately nose dived off a walkway :D Last thing I saw was her smashing off 2 rocks and disappearing in to the forest below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

DarkJager wrote: »
    We went up to the entrance of bleak falls to pick up the loot and she unfortunately nose dived off a walkway :D Last thing I saw was her smashing off 2 rocks and disappearing in to the forest below.

She "fell", a likely story :pac:

Burgo wrote: »

She "fell", a likely story :pac:

:D as much as I've thought about epic ways to kill her, she did it all herself. I was on one of those ledges that stick out over the cliff and she took a wrong step.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you want some truly spectacular 'falls', get Unrelenting Force to full and 'accidentally' push someone off a cliff. It's spectacular :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

DarkJager wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the difference between having Lydia around and one of those guys in the taverns like Sven in riverwood? We went up to the entrance of bleak falls to pick up the loot and she unfortunately nose dived off a walkway :D Last thing I saw was her smashing off 2 rocks and disappearing in to the forest below.

Ha ha, bought a horse and we travelled around eastern Skyrim, i mistakenly went over a cliff the horse broke my fall, he died and ended belly up in the sea. RIP Shergar, i miss you good buddy :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

does nobody reload? :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    If you want some truly spectacular 'falls', get Unrelenting Force to full and 'accidentally' push someone off a cliff. It's spectacular :P

I have that, didn't think of using it for that at all :D think I will reload and turn her accident into something epic

circos wrote: »
    I ran out of lockpicks! Never thought that would happen!

Bandits and humans in general are your best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Isnt it strange that you can unlock any lock even without skilling up or putting any perks into lockpicking. Makes the skill kind of useless.

• Advertisement

In relation to shouts and souls is the number of souls collected relevant to the amount of shouts you can use/unlock?

i'm only asking cause i glanced at the thread earlier and i remembered that i have 8 souls collected but 11 words learned and only 10 unlocked.
    most of those shouts/words were unlocked by the greybeards and the 1 i have found myself i cant unlock.

so would i need to collect the same amount of souls as words i have learned to unlock them?

Advertisement