Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Spunge wrote: »
    I don't mean lockpicking in itself is useless, but because you can open pretty much any lock anyway, i don't see any reason to waste perks on upgrading it.

your not wrong.. an investment in a few lockpicks is prob a better bet!! Rather use skill points on my magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

not really. i tried unlocking a master lock yesterday and no matter where i spun the pick to it broke straight away.

Much prefer the lock picking system in this to Oblivion especially. that was horrendous.

I've been unlocking Expert and Master unlocks since the beginning of the game, there is just a very very small margin for error but it is doable.

I've unlocked everything i've come across so far including a fair few Master locks and im only level 10. You need to start at each angle and give the button a very quick push, if the pin vibrates stop immediatly but if the pin moves smoothly in one direction keep going bit by bit. For Master locks use visual points on the outer lock to line up each attempt as the slightly movement in either direction can mean success.

I save before each Master lock attempt and often need to reload but stick with it and you'll get it. Love the new lock system!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

whgat the ****.. stormcloack soldiers are also guards?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Big Knox wrote: »

I save before each Master lock attempt and often need to reload but stick with it and you'll get it. Love the new lock system!!

That's a lot of effort.
    I've taken to open every single lock possible on every door or chest , even when there was a werewolf inside, he was being helf captive obviously,,,,,poor lad, I thought he would turn on his captors and help me, seeing as how his brethrens' heads were all over the walls and floors.....but he just tried to kill me instead :(:confused:
    I've since opted for shooting arrows into their faces from point blank outside the cage till their dead :pac::rolleyes:
    Fool me once....(though I did unlock some green whispy lady, she did a legger though, not even a thank you)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

SeantheMan wrote: »
    That's a lot of effort.
    I've taken to open every single lock possible on every door or chest , even when there was a werewolf inside, he was being helf captive obviously,,,,,poor lad, I thought he would turn on his captors and help me, seeing as how his brethrens' heads were all over the walls and floors.....but he just tried to kill me instead :(:confused:
    I've since opted for shooting arrows into their faces from point blank outside the cage till their dead :pac::rolleyes:
    Fool me once....(though I did unlock some green whispy lady, she did a legger though, not even a thank you)

did the exact same thing. was woefully unprepared for it and almost died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Yaaay! my copy arrived!
    4 more hours of work bleeergh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Bandits and humans in general are your best friend
    yeah i know...but i was in a cave and didnt have any to open this sexy looking chest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

In relation to followers you go around with, I find that they can only die when you kill them yourselves. Tends to be when I'm spraying fire at everyone around me or power swinging my axe that she ends up dying.

Also,whilst I love the game, I'm kinda disappointed by it. I've done over 40 hours at this stage, and finished the main quest, stormcloaks and Thieves Guild storyline. Whilst I liked them all, there wasn't a fitting reward for finishing any of them/the last quests in them weren't epic enough.

Unlike Oblivion where
    Thieves Guild has the stealing the Elder Scroll
    there was no standout quest in this Thieves Guild. Very few quests in it aswell, which I saw someone say aswell about the College of Winterhold.

On the main storyline,
    A few shouts as a reward was kinda crappy, especially since no one seems to know about it or care about it. Considering you got a truce in the civil war for it, you'd think there'd be a big ceremony that you just saved the world. Even some nice armor or a weapon would be cool. The credits should at least roll with the Song of the Dragonborn playing

Again, iked the story and quests but it just seemed too short.

titan18 wrote: »
    In relation to followers you go around with, I find that they can only die when you kill them yourselves. Tends to be when I'm spraying fire at everyone around me or power swinging my axe that she ends up dying.
    Mine was killed by an enemy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im finding the AI to be surprisingly good :)

Great incident with me and Lydia clearing out a dungeon full of necromancers. Sneaking through it, bows drawn, and we come across a big room with about 3 necromancers (one way at the back behind a podium, so reckoned he was a biggy). 2 skeleton archers between the newbie necros, and the back one.

So I pew pew one of the skeletons (sneak attack, and he explodes, hah!). She 'splodes the other skeleton. Follows up with both of us shooting arrows at different apprentice necros, and dropping them simulatainously too :D

So she charges ahead to twat the back necro, having whipped out her massive 2-handed axe of hillarity, and all the tombs open up spawning skeletons as she runs by... she ignores them. Im still stealthed, so skele's go for her, but I keep her covered from the darkness, and as I just finish on the last one, I see her in the background in the middle of a 2handed execution move on the last necromancer

Twas so epic! Best thing of all, is that shit like this keeps happening!

Lydia <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just had an epic battle with some damn Imperial scum. I had to get a document of one but he wasnt giving it up so he started on me. I one hitted him with my trusty glass sword and did a runner got out of the inn and there was 12 or 13 of the bastards waiting on me.
    I did my shout and a good few of them went flying but i didnt want more bounty on my head so I made a run fir the hills only to be greeted by a cliff and a 50 foot drop into a river.
    I had one option hand myself in and lose my quarry or take a swan dive. So I jumped and splashed down only to be dragged over a waterfall. My health was low but i survived my ordeal and made it back to the stormcloaks in one piece.
    Gods damn the imperial scum :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant decide on a build, im happy killing enemies with magic until i find some kickass weapons ,bows,swords,daggers or axes, cant find anything of benefit for casters.
    Then im wishing i spent points in melee or archery perks instead of magic.
    Anyone gone the stealthy rogue direction or bog standard warrior ?
    Does the melee combat get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Where can I find daedra/glass armour and weapons? I'm 12 hours in and only level 10 but these items I know would be badass in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Dcully wrote: »
    I cant decide on a build, im happy killing enemies with magic until i find some kickass weapons ,bows,swords,daggers or axes, cant find anything of benefit for casters.

I quite like going around as a Nord in fur/hide with an axe swinging like a madman. Use the flame thrower spell for a bit.

It's always satisfying throwing everyone back with a shout, and then running forward with power attacks with an axe though. Skyforge steel is awesome.

Im a heavy armoured, 1 handed sword swinging, destruction using, stealth archer... FU archetypes!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Funglegunk wrote: »
    PC, it's not the same issue as the ones I'm seeing in articles about the 360 (I think that's to do with blurred textures?). I'll try and get a few screenshots up when I get home from work.

I'm getting the same thing on PS3. But as you say, since they're the only bug I've really encountered I can let it slide!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Wossack wrote: »
    Im a heavy armoured, 1 handed sword swinging, destruction using, stealth archer... FU archetypes!! :D

Me too!

And me...crap they thought of this!!! WE ARE A TYPE!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

After you kill the first dragon are you given your own house in whiterun or are you just able to purchase one? for 5000 gold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sneaky mage
    sneak sneak FIREBALL
    none of this weapon crap for me :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL sounds just like my guy , btw have to spent perks in all them trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

After you kill the first dragon are you given your own house in whiterun or are you just able to purchase one? for 5000 gold?
    You purchase one for 4000, it's not given to you. Theres another ~3000 in upgrades to purchase too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

5000 gold to buy it and about another 1.5k to completely furnish it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Up to level 8 ( Nord ) at the moment but I've a ridicolous bounty of 2010 out on me from Falkreath, killed a civilan and 2 guards so avoiding that area for awhile. Cant wait to put more hours into this game over the next few days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Funglegunk wrote: »
    You purchase one for 4000, it's not given to you. Theres another ~3000 in upgrades to purchase too.
    DarkJager wrote: »
    5000 gold to buy it and about another 1.5k to completely furnish it

Well nuts to that anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

killed my first giant \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well nuts to that anyway :)

You're better off without it anyway. It's just encouraged me to horde all kinds of rubbish, and waste tonnes of time travelling back and forth to stash it. :D

Oh has anyone met the
    Krosis
    yet???? I was fighting a Dragon and he poped up after and served me an unhealthy dose of ass whoppin' even at level 13 I got nothing that will put a dent in him :mad:

LOL sounds just like my guy , btw have to spent perks in all them trees?

No perks spent in armor so far, doubt Im going to spend any too, but who knows :) Most points spent in 1 handed so far, and yea, I think its made combat alot better (few people asking) - less hits, more crits, and more (I think) finishers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Just got my copy! Want to go through the game as Archery main, is it viable to play the whole game? Like will I be powerfull enough to take down dragons, or inside buildings is it a viable method to take down enemies or will I also need a good swrod for backup?

Advertisement