Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

How much are people getting for their Dragonbones/skins?

Depends where you go I think. One Dragon worth of scales and bones will net you about 1-1.5K, best to have a companion to carry them though!

Giddy to get home, get fed and go finish off the companions initiation:pac::pac:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've been hoarding my dragon loot for building fancy things later. I never use light armor though, so I image the bones are for heavy and the scales for light? Should I sell the scales?

Also, is there a ranged soul trap spell later like in previous games or is touch the only one? I don't like having to swap to an enchanted bow to do it. That said, there's something deliciously Sith about shooting someone with lightning until they collapse and then stabbing them with an enchanted dagger to steal their soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Another day without a copy :( . I don't know how much longer I can experience Skyrim vicariously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The game is missing a quick-bind....does anyone find themselves wanting to press 4 for Bow, or 5 for fire etc....instead of Q, scroll up and down, select weapon/spell

Anyone know much about the mod community or their plans on doing up the UI ?

For every one UI mod there will be ten nude mods. Sure the game was only out a day and two mods poped up on curse.com... two nude mods. Speaking of curse.com and mods, they're doing a competition with cash prizes for mods for Skyrim, one of the categories is Map/UI so we might see something decent in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

One mod that I really really want is to go back to having a full view of your character when you're in the inventory screen. I want to see what different combinations look like without having to keep opening and closing the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Damn i want to continue my adventures, stupid real life :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mantel wrote: »
    For every one UI mod there will be ten nude mods. Sure the game was only out a day and two mods poped up on curse.com... two nude mods. Speaking of curse.com and mods, they're doing a competition with cash prizes for mods for Skyrim, one of the categories is Map/UI so we might see something decent in the next few weeks.

Is the other category to do with nudity ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I like, went into a pit, and now I can't get back out the way I came. Only way is forward...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

This is a really really stupid question but to do the quickbinds talked about on the previous page I assume you need to be using the mouse and keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

The horse controls feel a bit wonky. Were they like this in oblivion ? I dont remember them annoying me then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Zillah wrote: »
    One mod that I really really want is to go back to having a full view of your character when you're in the inventory screen. I want to see what different combinations look like without having to keep opening and closing the menu.

There is a way around this. If you go into third person mode and move the camera around so that you're looking at your character from the front then open the inventory and you'll you get to see any changes you make. It's a bit finicky but better than endlessly opening and closing the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've no problem with other people who like to sort out the appearance of their char, but does anyone else just not give the slightest toss about what their char looks like? I spent about 2 minutes doing his face and haven't considered at all what the armour looks like. It's never been something that's concerned me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just installing skyrim now, have the preorder map up on the wall behind my monitor and am raring to go :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what the **** are vampires weak to

i was just riding along and I see an ancient vampire being attacked by 2 people and a sabre cat... 9 times now i've tried this and every time all 4 of us and the cat get destroyed by the vampires ice bolts and health draining spell before I even get a quarter of it's energy out of the way

id always thouguht they were weak to fire but i'm shouting fire breath, i'm throwing flame atronarchs, i'm dual casting flame spell.. not even a hint of a health drop on the vampire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Who the hell is Breton and why did he just ambush me for no reason, leading to some free dwarven armour for my goodself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I second that comment about horse controls. They are poor.

More importantly though is the dismount speed. You are riding along and something attacks you.....it takes an age to dismount.

Also, you should be able to cast clairvoyance while mounted. I bought a horse and never use it because I dont like having to keep checking the map....so I walk and use clairvoyance. Bit of a waste really.

Regarding my character I decided to go pure Mage. Destruction, Conjuring and Alteration seem to be a good fit for me. I'll be leveling them. I tend to open a fight with stonefist and then conjure a familiar. Then go double flame on their ass. :p No armor at all and using stonefist spell with just robes is awesome :D

I have a fire bow for sneak attacks and a big two hander for when I'm low on mana. I've pumped every level so far into Mana....I'm a high elf for the extra 50...and have rings and stuff for the extra mana.....and I still don't have enough. Keep running out on dragons and mammoths and the like.

And to re-iterate what I said, the binding system isn't great. I should be able to specify both hands with one binding. 1 for sword and shield, 2 for two-hander, 3 for healing left hand and Lesser ward right hand, 4 for double flame, etc. etc. I would prefer that to single hand bind system.

throw some garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

i was just riding along and I see an ancient vampire being attacked by 2 people and a sabre cat... 9 times now i've tried this and every time all 4 of us and the cat get destroyed by the vampires ice bolts and health draining spell before I even get a quarter of it's energy out of the way

id always thouguht they were weak to fire but i'm shouting fire breath, i'm throwing flame atronarchs, i'm dual casting flame spell.. not even a hint of a health drop on the vampire

I took the stealthy aproach and shot them in the back with an arrow and legged it....came back and few minutes later and did it again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

danthefan wrote: »
    I've no problem with other people who like to sort out the appearance of their char, but does anyone else just not give the slightest toss about what their char looks like? I spent about 2 minutes doing his face and haven't considered at all what the armour looks like. It's never been something that's concerned me.

I spend ages making my character but then I dont really pay attention to what he looks like that much!! I just want the best setup I can and looks are not that important to me for it!!

I aint come across a vampire but I'm gonna guess they are weak to silver... try using a silver sword/axe and see if it has any effect!! just a guess like I said!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

throw garlic at them :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

audio seem low for other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Eugh, still don't own this yet, I'm afraid of a little thing called "life" being put on hold indefinitely :(

audio seem low for other people?

Try going into your audio device, "enhancements" and enabling "loudness equalization". That worked for me.

Before that even with all my volumes maxed out it was too low.

does anyone here actually use poisions that much??

I make loads being a mage and all that but I end up with literally over a hundred different bottle of stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Well, at least you're not going on about it! :pac::P

Can't remember the last time I thought so much about a game. Went to bed at all hours last night, in work now with a mountain of work to do and I'm just counting down the hours til i go home :(.

I would love to get a 'flu or a broken leg or something....:D

Definitely game of the year.

i really shouldnt even come on here til im back as its driving me loopy :o but damn it the game sounds astounding

hypermuse wrote: »
    does anyone here actually use poisions that much??

I make loads being a mage and all that but I end up with literally over a hundred different bottle of stuff..

Only time i ever really use them is if im getting beaten badly and need to try new stuff or for healing if im about to die.

I can see a lot of people wanting a mod to remove regenerating health. Which would make alchemy and food a lot more useful. But also tedious, to some.

Could do with more antidotes than poisons, Frostbite spiders can be annoying.

Also with regards to Vampires, the ones i came across seemed easy enough, I was hoping maybe to be turned into one if it was like Oblivion, Day 1 - Little negative effect + infinite Nightvision .
    My friend got done though and said it's awful being a vamp this time a round, but the cure is a lot easier to get.
    Who the hell is Breton and why did he just ambush me for no reason
    Aren't Bretons just the caucasian race in general ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone else make the same stupid mistake as me..........

Spoiler to do with the Dark Brotherhood ahead
    I stored a load of my stuff early magic weapons one of a kind and a ton of indridents in a chest beside a bed upstairs in the santuary.Only for the whole ****ing thing to get burned down at the end!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyway of fixing this or just screwed :pac: ???

I stored a load of my stuff early magic weapons one of a kind and a ton of indridents in a chest beside a bed upstairs in the santuary.Only for the whole ****ing thing to get burned down at the end!!!!!!!!!!

no but thanks for the head up!! Buy a house and store your stuff there! Everything in your house is chest in your house is safe!

As soon as I got 5k I got that house in whiterun!

• Advertisement

CRAP ! :( Why did I read the spoiler :(

Advertisement