Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kirby wrote: »
    I second that comment about horse controls. They are poor.

More importantly though is the dismount speed. You are riding along and something attacks you.....it takes an age to dismount.

Also, you should be able to cast clairvoyance while mounted. I bought a horse and never use it because I dont like having to keep checking the map....so I walk and use clairvoyance. Bit of a waste really.

Regarding my character I decided to go pure Mage. Destruction, Conjuring and Alteration seem to be a good fit for me. I'll be leveling them. I tend to open a fight with stonefist and then conjure a familiar. Then go double flame on their ass. :p No armor at all and using stonefist spell with just robes is awesome :D

I have a fire bow for sneak attacks and a big two hander for when I'm low on mana. I've pumped every level so far into Mana....I'm a high elf for the extra 50...and have rings and stuff for the extra mana.....and I still don't have enough. Keep running out on dragons and mammoths and the like.

And to re-iterate what I said, the binding system isn't great. I should be able to specify both hands with one binding. 1 for sword and shield, 2 for two-hander, 3 for healing left hand and Lesser ward right hand, 4 for double flame, etc. etc. I would prefer that to single hand bind system.

The horse controls are a tad wonky but not that big an issue for me tho the dismount time and getting into combat is way to slow and caused me to lose a horse to a Ice Bear :(

I find the quick use system to be perfect and can easily swap between weapons and spells without any hassle so maybe you just need to practice more :p

My only real complaint about Skyrim is Bethesda need to make a Elder Scrolls MMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

from YLYL;

188195d1321270873-funny-strange-random-pics-lolskyrim.png

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Skyrim and blowjobs? Sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I have 4 witches heads in my inventory weighing in at 20kg total, can't drop them or store them. Da fook?

I wish my gf was this accommodating!! Hence why I don't live with her! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah and when you're finished, push her away with UNRELENTING FORCE!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Cool, thanks, where is the Thieves guild in Skyrim, I have't heard a word about it yet, I heard about all the other guilds so far and I am currently on my way to find the Dark Brotherhood.

Training tonight & wednedays, so no Skyrim.

Running tomorrow evening so should get on after that for a while.

This game totally takes over, I can't let the other half know I have it, after the Oblivion incident.

LMAO what incident??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do the block perks affect blocking with a sword?

I know you can get the skill up do so but will perks work the same?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

hypermuse wrote: »
    does anyone here actually use poisions that much??

I make loads being a mage and all that but I end up with literally over a hundred different bottle of stuff..

Are you asking about potions are poisons? If you are asking about poisons I use them quite often on my arrows. If you use a bow a lot then they are handy. Clicking on a poison asks you if you want to poison the next arrow. Annoying if you miss. Think there is a perk to allow you to poison the next 2 arrows with on bottle.

I did my first dream/painting type quest last night (oblivion players should know what I mean) with a bloke doing a very bad irish/scottish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

danthefan wrote: »
    I've no problem with other people who like to sort out the appearance of their char, but does anyone else just not give the slightest toss about what their char looks like? I spent about 2 minutes doing his face and haven't considered at all what the armour looks like. It's never been something that's concerned me.

I dont know about your messed up morals in life but everything in this world revolves around looks ok?! Life lesson!

• Advertisement

So much crap in my inventory....

i-PPTPkRk-XL.jpg

mewso wrote: »
    Are you asking about potions are poisons? If you are asking about poisons I use them quite often on my arrows. If you use a bow a lot then they are handy. Clicking on a poison asks you if you want to poison the next arrow. Annoying if you miss. Think there is a perk to allow you to poison the next 2 arrows with on bottle.

I did my first dream/painting type quest last night (oblivion players should know what I mean) with a bloke doing a very bad irish/scottish accent.

was referring to poisons.. hence why I said poisons :p:D

I never actually use them.. never think of it! but using it on arrows is a great idea! Does this mean one bottle of poison per arrow thou?? seems like you'd wanna make it count!

Glass armour looks bad ass, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Dawnbreaker is the best one-handed sword ever :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

we have started as a dark elf and khajit, this is amazing :D
    and all i have done is made some hide helmets and crap.

I did the ini changes which make the game much better, anybody change anything else yet? textures?

always has and always will look class!!

Just wish I had a powerful enough desktop (and the space for one) to play this game properly.. poor PS3 is struggling I fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

we have started as a dark elf and khajit, this is amazing :D
    and all i have done is made some hide helmets and crap.

I did the ini changes which make the game much better, anybody change anything else yet? textures?

a link for those ini changes please, il need them for when i get this game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

a link for those ini changes please, il need them for when i get this game

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-improve-skyrim-with-ini-file-tweaks/

these look sweet anybody try them?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

lol at the bears

these look nice: http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=314

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I really wanna try dual wield dagger backstab with the 15x damage perk. Oh lordy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Daedric Armor is so much more bad ass it makes Chuck Norris piss himself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

At work now but i played from 9am-3pm today. You don't notice time going in this game. Anyone who doesnt have this game yet is seriously missing out.

On my travels i found some rundown kip of a country cottage. Went inside and was instantly attacked by skeevers. Totally took me by surprise. Killed them, looked around and the owner was dead in his bed:eek:

He didn't have much apart from food and a cooking pot so i cooked up some nice potions. Also got some weird fungus growing in his house....To the alchemist i go!!

Epic

Venom wrote: »
    Daedric Armor is so much more bad ass it makes Chuck Norris piss himself :)

Will make some once i get some more gold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Home from college to find it waiting for me, I have some catching up to do. What can I say only, nice knowing you college, see you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Bit of a silly question here but how do you level up?

Im getting skill level ups but my characters actual level is still level one with a full exp bar, think it said something about a skills menu to level up but i cant find it?

IgsTer wrote: »

Im getting skill level ups but my characters actual level is still level one with a full exp bar, think it said something about a skills menu to level up but i cant find it?

Are you PC or console?

IgsTer wrote: »

If you dont use your level up option it only displays that you are on level 1 or 2 but you are still gaining XP for you troubles.. you just cant see the bar progressing..

Bring up the menu (the one with four arrows; items, magic, map and skills), its O on PS3

Click on skills and choose where to add 10 points too (magic, health, stamina). once you do this you will be able to see what level you are on..

Add your skill points to a skill tree (destruction, one handed, lockpicking etc etc) of your choice to improve your characters attributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

these look sweet anybody try them?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

lol at the bears

these look nice: http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=314

Its ridiculous that a few days after release people can make the game look better than the guys who were working on it for years

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spunge wrote: »
    I really wanna try dual wield dagger backstab with the 15x damage perk. Oh lordy.

DO tell more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I got a dog companion named
    Meeko
    Nice! Looks like an Irish wolfhound too. :D

Was a random incounter. Followed him too an old shack where
    His former master lay dead on a bed

Advertisement