Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Little help please, driving me nuts! :mad::( I'm at Bleak Falls Barrow on one of the earlier quests (just been doing side quests) and
    I'm trying to get through the door. I know the code is on the claw, but when I go to move the rings, I can't. It gives me the option to press A to move them, but when I hit it, it won't move. No problem with putting the claw in though, but the door obviously won't open unless I put the right code in.

Any help on that would be much appreciated, doin me nut, won't sleep!:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Little help please, driving me nuts! :mad::( I'm at Bleak Falls Barrow on one of the earlier quests (just been doing side quests) and
    I'm trying to get through the door. I know the code is on the claw, but when I go to move the rings, I can't. It gives me the option to press A to move them, but when I hit it, it won't move. No problem with putting the claw in though, but the door obviously won't open unless I put the right code in.

Any help on that would be much appreciated, doin me nut, won't sleep!:pac:

Not playing it on console but im guessing
    your not aiming your crosshair at the correct ring to turn, there are 3 i believe then the one in the middle for the claw

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

hypermuse wrote: »
    If you dont use your level up option it only displays that you are on level 1 or 2 but you are still gaining XP for you troubles.. you just cant see the bar progressing..

Bring up the menu (the one with four arrows; items, magic, map and skills), its O on PS3

Click on skills and choose where to add 10 points too (magic, health, stamina). once you do this you will be able to see what level you are on..

Add your skill points to a skill tree (destruction, one handed, lockpicking etc etc) of your choice to improve your characters attributes.

Cheers for that mate forgot all about that menu since i started using the shortcuts. Leveled up grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

swiftblade wrote: »
    I got a dog companion named
    Meeko
    Nice! Looks like an Irish wolfhound too. :D

Had to get rid of him :(

Became a real pain to move around inside with him and I didn't want to wait for the inevitable heart break when something killed him.

Dcully wrote: »
    Not playing it on console but im guessing
    your not aiming your crosshair at the correct ring to turn, there are 3 i believe then the one in the middle for the claw

Thanks, can't see what I'm doin wrong though - I'm working from the outside in? That said, I've hit all and none seem to work. When I aim the crosshair, the option comes up to select the ring, but when I do it nothing happens. Do I have to do it in a particular part of the ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just became a full blown companion. Awesomeness on another level. 12 hrs in and I've done no campaign quest since meeting the Jarl.......my life is over.

So does anyone in this thread not think that this is GOTY? Poor batman,portal2 and uncharted, they just never had a chance did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Had to get rid of him :(

Became a real pain to move around inside with him and I didn't want to wait for the inevitable heart break when something killed him.

Yea, too true. Normal companion dies...meh. Dog dies...:( .

I also lost one of my other companions. A kajiiat. Said he would return home, went looking for him and he's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Thanks, can't see what I'm doin wrong though - I'm working from the outside in? That said, I've hit all and none seem to work. When I aim the crosshair, the option comes up to select the ring, but when I do it nothing happens. Do I have to do it in a particular part of the ring?
    Nvm . Wrong quest im thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Just witnessed another companion being killed....they are dropping like flies for me!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

• Advertisement

Reloaded an earlier save and it worked grand - must've been a glitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I picked this game up yesterday, having never played Oblivion, having never properly played a Role-Playing game in my life... And if I'm being honest, the only reason I picked it up is because I could trade in Battlefield 3 and get it for €0.99, and then trade it in and get Saints Row 3 on Friday for €0.99. But I thought I may aswell give it a shot while I have it.

Blown away. I started playing at around 7.30pm last night, I wasnt on the edge of my seat, I wasnt gasping with shock, I wasnt reacting much at all... But I checked my watch (what I thought was) 45 mins later and it was 4.15am...

This game is hands down the most playable game Ive ever come across. Hours pass like mins, it's rediculous. I knew it was going to be great, hence all the 95+ reviews, but I just thought RPG's weren't my thing. It is very dangerous though, as I can't really dedicate 5 hours a night to it, so I don't know what to do.

Made myself a Redguard and have stuck to the main story quests so far, just so enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was happy to run into a certain character form The Shivering Isles, nowhere near as good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Feck, ran into a heard/pride of sabertooths. Damn nature, you're scary! :eek:

Joined the companions too. Didn't do any quests though yet.

Anybody know how to start the thieves guild quests/join them? I went around looking everywhere but I can't find them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Witnessed a dragon attacking Dawnstar, best non scripted battle ever. I couldnt do anything because it stayed on roofs (like the starting dragon) while the guards tried shooting it down. Lets just say Dawnstar has become that little bit quiter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What is the biggest town/city in the game? I've only really explored 3 of them (I think) properly, and there's at least 2 I haven't been to at all yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I went on a massive quest across Skyrim today, took hours to get to this one place for a small task. It was class on the way though, fought a dragon met some randomers, explored some caves/ruins and helped some people out. Absolutely Love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ok so I'm in Whiterun, where are the Companions? its a side mission in the miscellaneous quests to talk to them and I cant remember where I'm meant to go .

also wheres a good place to get items for making new weapons? i have iron ignots but no leather strips

krudler wrote: »
    ok so I'm in Whiterun, where are the Companions? its a side mission in the miscellaneous quests to talk to them and I cant remember where I'm meant to go .

also wheres a good place to get items for making new weapons? i have iron ignots but no leather strips

They're just at the bottom of the steps up to Dragonreach.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anybody know how to start the thieves guild quests/join them? I went around looking everywhere but I can't find them. :confused:
    go to riften

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RarestSolanum

I can't think of the name of the town, but if you steal
    any of the unusual gems, you will be led to them by the quest given. There is 1 in the companions 'leader' room, and another in the Kings throne room in Dragonbreach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Feck, ran into a heard/pride of sabertooths. Damn nature, you're scary! :eek:

Joined the companions too. Didn't do any quests though yet.

thieves guild in solitude

Nodferatu wrote: »
    thieves guild in solitude

Imperials are in Solitude. Thieves in Riften.

danthefan wrote: »
    What is the biggest town/city in the game? I've only really explored 3 of them (I think) properly, and there's at least 2 I haven't been to at all yet.

haven't been to them all yet, but visited solitude today and damn its huge, i got lost in the place. its absolutely massive

danthefan wrote: »
    Imperials are in Solitude. Thieves in Riften.

your reads right, my mistake there, got mixed up

Nodferatu wrote: »
    haven't been to them all yet, but visited solitude today and damn its huge, i got lost in the place. its absolutely massive

Good stuff. I've gone there but haven't done anything other than go straight to the Imperial base.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

turning into wolf is feckin' awesome \:D/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

need more hours in the day.. seriously gonna take a day off work and just binge soon..

All I do is sit n work n think bout skyrim.. unhealthy obsession.. I need to invent a device that allows for more hours in the day.. or get my hands on a flux capacitor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Decided to take a break from the Mage's College and go to visit the Greybeards. On the way up the mountain I'm there chatting to a pilgrim and a dragon just lands right next to me and starts breathing fire on my partner. Cue me, Lydia and the pilgrim fighting the dragon on the mountainside. Absolutely epic!!

Also, can you poison arrows/bows? I seem to only be getting the option to do it for other weapons. Poisoned arrows were class in Oblivion

• Advertisement

Just got a quest in Windhelm
    to go kill a dragon. Just as a I started fighting it a second one landed! Myself and Lydia killed them both. To be honest I don't think the wild dragons you fight are strong enough.

Advertisement