Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nodferatu wrote: »
    has anyone finished main quest yet? i haven't bothered to do any of it, too busy discovering new caves/citys and ransomers along the way, the last quest i did was to
    visit the grey beards up on high hrothgar

You've at least a bit to go from here
    Go have a chatsies with the 5th greybeard at the top....who doesnt have a beard at all ;)
    me too, i was scared of accidentally starting the final quest like I did in fallout 3

loads of the map left to explore and asll of a sudden "THIS IS THE END< GO FOR IT"

"aw, ****"

Periodic save points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

RAIN wrote: »
    People keep asking me if I'm sick, but I'm not...as far as I can see..should I be worried?

Not sure if on about ingame, or real life disappearance due to Skyrim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just in a remote house called Pinewatch which had one bandit in it. Further exploration has led me to an entire cave system hidden behind a bookshelf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

People keep asking me if I'm sick, but I'm not...as far as I can see..should I be worried?

You've picked up something ya durty git..go into the magic menu and see what it is. Going to a shrine and getting a blessing should clear it up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was exploring the waters north of Winterhold (water breating ftw! :pac:) and i found a cave with some crazy guy who was doing...some seriously nasty things to dead bodies :eek:. Some pretty creepy journal entries. A few fireballs to the face sorted him out though.

Also found a skeleton, with a journal from some guy who was waiting by the shore in the hopes that his long lost wife would appear. Looks like she never made it :(
    hypermuse wrote: »
    i still aint bothered buying a horse.. I've seen how annoying they can be with the mount/dismount time and also they way they get stuck in at a fight!
    Take it from someone who went 20 or so hours without one, buying a horse is probably the best 1k gold you'll ever spend. Some of the distances you have to travel for quests is insane, and if you've not been anywhere near it, a horse is by far the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kiith wrote: »

Also found a skeleton, with a journal from some guy who was waiting by the shore in the hopes that his long lost wife would appear. Looks like she never made it :(

Is that not the guy near ivarstead on the river bank? Wifes name is Reyda??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

i still aint bothered buying a horse.. I've seen how annoying they can be with the mount/dismount time and also they way they get stuck in at a fight!

I prefer to do it alone and go on foot! fast travel if I need to sell some gear!

If you put points into your stamina when you level, you run faster (at least I see to). My horse was slowing me down, so I just ignore it now.
    You can see what magical effects/ailments you have in the magic menu. Generally it's nothing to worry about, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ED E wrote: »
    You've at least a bit to go from here
    Go have a chatsies with the 5th greybeard at the top....who doesnt have a beard at all ;)

Periodic save points.

I had some, but once I get to the end quest like that.. a little piece of my interest dies and I just cant bring myself to explore on if I know how close I am to the end. it was similar enough in fallout 3 with the explorer perk.. once I got it, and had discovered all the locations on the map.. i stopped playing after a day or two.. just didn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Don't have the €€€ for that i'm afriad. Was sorta hoping for a screenshot function like in Uncharted.

Yea me neither.. would be wasted on me thou! Pity alright you cant do it!
    Was exploring the waters north of Winterhold (water breating ftw! :pac:) and i found a cave with some crazy guy who was doing...some seriously nasty things to dead bodies :eek:. Some pretty creepy journal entries. A few fireballs to the face sorted him out though.

Must try find this.. Where bout was it.. on the northern sea are.. to the east west or centre??
    Take it from someone who went 20 or so hours without one, buying a horse is probably the best 1k gold you'll ever spend. Some of the distances you have to travel for quests is insane, and if you've not been anywhere near it, a horse is by far the best option.

I enjoy killing everything that tries to attack me coz its usually still a challenge.. trolls, snow cat thingys.. etc etc!

on my second playthrough of skyrim, i'm going to make a detailed note of just how many women in the game they got susan ivonova from babylon 5 to voice

• Advertisement

Question..

I've killed 3 dragons now.. 2 of which were a random encounter.. however both times before a dragon appeared I have run into a friendly stranger..

the 1st was a refugee and the 2nd a hunter...

Does this happen to anyone else?? do you only seem to have a dragon encounter when there is another friendly person around who also chips in kill it??

Strange that its happened twice now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

All my dragon encounters have been when I've been alone. Probably coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Question..

I've killed 3 dragons now.. 2 of which were a random encounter.. however both times before a dragon appeared I have run into a friendly stranger..

the 1st was a refugee and the 2nd a hunter...

Does this happen to anyone else?? do you only seem to have a dragon encounter when there is another friendly person around who also chips in kill it??

Nope hasnt happened to me, but both random encounters ive had have been triggered in the exact same location

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

once you finish the main story can you wander about doing the sidequests? or does the game end?

Kirby wrote: »
    All my dragon encounters have been when I've been alone. Probably coincidence.

I thought so.. It was quite strange but I was sure it had to be coincidence!!! thanks for the confirmation!

I have 3 dragon souls absorbed but I've been doing nothing but exploring pretty much so I only have 1 shout (the 1st one you get with golden claw mission)

Need to start focusing on the quests more soon! Currently trying to make my way to Riften (Rifton?) but keep finding so many other things to do on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I've gotten two random dragons, once when I travelled to the mages guild place and once when I was triple teamed by the dragon, two bears and a set of bandits from a fort. On the reload I managed to get the dragon to fight the bears while I introduced the bandits to my axe.

There have been other dragons that have just flown away, when I get random dragons it's nearly always after quick travel or using the carriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

krudler wrote: »
    once you finish the main story can you wander about doing the sidequests? or does the game end?

Havent finished myself, but ive heard the game keeps going and doesnt end like Fallout 3 originally did

You can still what you want.. the game never actually ends tbh..

there is infinite quests to do.. I think they just randomly create missions like, someone needs 10 wolf hides, or someone wants you to get 20 ninroot (spark any memories, that was a long one)

omfg... dat ragdoll

im doing a umm... seafaring related quest

just got out of the dungeon and there are missiles of some sort landing... every enemy I kill for some reason gets catapulted hundreds of feet up in the air and away from me
    looks cool, but I just got the +100 carry perk.. i want that loot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

This game is stupid, they have made the cliff racers too big and not only that but they breathe fire now.....WTF?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone else finding loads of nirnroot? now that its not needed, AFAIK, i have found a good 10 or so.

You can still what you want.. the game never actually ends tbh..

there is infinite quests to do.. I think they just randomly create missions like, someone needs 10 wolf hides, or someone wants you to get 20 ninroot (spark any memories, that was a long one)

so...it never ends? sweet jesus.

Gandalph wrote: »
    This game is stupid, they have made the cliff racers too big and not only that but they breathe fire now.....WTF?!

who's your man?? when I read cliffracers I was just thinking oh god no!!

Anyone else finding loads of nirnroot? now that its not needed, AFAIK, i have found a good 10 or so.

I've found a good few alright! impossible to miss in the dark! and even during the day if you walk by close enough you can hear it :D pretty cool!!

so...it never ends? sweet jesus.

Not unless you finally put down the controller and start playing COD indefinitely again..

Not unless you finally put down the controller and start playing COD indefinitely again..

Skyrim makes me feel content, MW3 at the mo sends me into a ball of fury, until the lag is fixed then I'll be hunting dragons and levelling up mah weapons.

I love exploring in Skyrim, not since GTA have I just stood there and watched the weather change or day become night, must get the soundtrack, its amazing.

Skyrim makes me feel content, MW3 at the mo sends me into a ball of fury, until the lag is fixed then I'll be hunting dragons and levelling up mah weapons.

I love exploring in Skyrim, not since GTA have I just stood there and watched the weather change or day become night, must get the soundtrack, its amazing.

yea I'll defo be getting the soundtrack.. its amazing!! Last time I was making dinner, I had to stop playing to make it so I just left it on, turned up the volume and started cooking my din-dins!! was fantastic!!

MW makes me an angry person when I play it.. like throwing controllers around the room angry..

blops, not angry so much

BF, very rarely!!

Skyrim... Its the most pleasant and pleasurable game to play in ever!! I'm such a biatch for the elder scrolls series!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Gah wish there was some sort of battlelog type website where you could look at your character through the day. Want to see if I've got a disease...bet I'm riddled!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I had a some people telling me I was looking a little sick as well. I put it down to not having slept in a couple of days.

Must check to see if I have a disease.

Are there any benefits to sleeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

civilnug wrote: »
    I had a some people telling me I was looking a little sick as well. I put it down to not having slept in a couple of days.

Must check to see if I have a disease.

Are there any benefits to sleeping?

Sleeping gives you a rested bonus which means you to gain experience faster than normal for a few in game hours

slwwping in a bed you own gives you the well rested bonus which allows you to gain even more experience than normal for a few in game hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I've got to start sleeping a bit more so then.

Advertisement