Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea I caught something from a random wolf and folks were saying I was looking pretty bad.. looking at my avatar and I think he looks like that all the time... ****

Can see the effects of them from the 'magic' menu, under 'active effects' iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

civilnug wrote: »
    I've got to start sleeping a bit more so then.

As the loading screens say, if you're a werewolf you don't get that bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i have gone through 2 horses so far, wasted roughly 3000 gold in total on them, I'm not buying any more, enemys always go for your horse first. then you.

i have a bit of loot i don't want to part with i want to buy a house somewhere to store all the loot i want to keep but not haul around all the time etc
    can you buy a house in every city? or just certain ones? id like a house in solitude or markarth, how do you go about buying a house or anyone specific you talk to!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

this game could have been brilliant but its just so glitchy on the xbox :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

got stuck in a wall last night and hadn't saved in a few hours so I used the no-clip console command to get me out of stuck

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the yarl in makarth mentioned something about buying a house there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Finally have my dragon armour, Great looking armour and comes in both light armour and heavy armour. I thought it was meant to be the lightweight counterpart to daedric armour?

If anyone needs to level up their smithing easily just buy the iron ingots/iron ore/leather/leather strips from the two smiths beside your house in whiterun every time you visit.

Make hide bracers(I think thats what they are called!) and iron daggers, you get a good few levels per visit and only drops down to 3-4 when your nearing the max, but its cheaper to level up than most anything else i could find? Usually costs less than 1000 per round, depending on their stock levels.
    >_>

Oh, and my companion ran off i think! It was the one you get in whiterun. I was fighting the dwemer creatures in a ruin when she got knocked down... I finished the creatures off before turning to see if she was alright and she had gone. All but the weapon i kitted her out in had gone aswell!

My house feels so lonely now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

keithb93 wrote: »
    this game could have been brilliant but its just so glitchy on the xbox :mad:

What kind of glitches? I've 16 hours on it now and haven't experienced anything game breaking, only a few low res textures as I have it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i have gone through 2 horses so far, wasted roughly 3000 gold in total on them, I'm not buying any more, enemys always go for your horse first. then you.

i have a bit of loot i don't want to part with i want to buy a house somewhere to store all the loot i want to keep but not haul around all the time etc
    can you buy a house in every city? or just certain ones? id like a house in solitude or markarth, how do you go about buying a house or anyone specific you talk to!?!

You sir, sound like you may be interested in some sort of horse armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone know how to go about investing in shops? i noticed it on the stats page but have no idea how to do it. wouldnt mind if i could make a bit of money on the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

anyone know how to go about investing in shops? i noticed it on the stats page but have no idea how to do it. wouldnt mind if i could make a bit of money on the side.

There's a perk in speech that allows you to get it

I don't think you make money from it, Its more along the lines of shops having more gold to buy your stuff with:pac:

Example: A shop has 1000 gold you invest 500 gold, The shop will from now on have 1500 gold each time it restocks. Handy for unloading the 100s of knives, forks, plates and other random items found during an adventure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Nodferatu wrote: »

One of the large manors is for sale in Solitude, but it costs 25k.

I've 23k at the moment and not a whole lot to spend it on, so I'm thinking of actually going for it.

titan18 wrote: »
    There's a perk in speech that allows you to get it

Must investigate that so.
    I don't think you make money from it, Its more along the lines of shops having more gold to buy your stuff with:pac:

Example: A shop has 1000 gold you invest 500 gold, The shop will from now on have 1500 gold each time it restocks. Handy for unloading the 100s of knives, forks, plates and other random items found during an adventure!

that sucks ass, i was expecting some sort of assassins creed type money making system. will need to invest though as most places run out of money when i sell my hoard of crap.

DarkJager wrote: »
    What kind of glitches? I've 16 hours on it now and haven't experienced anything game breaking, only a few low res textures as I have it installed.

Im not able to connect to live while playing it and nearly everytime i leave the companions building the xbox freezes and the tv turns off. I just cant understand it :confused: I dont have it installed that could be the reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone know of decent skyrim sites? somthign along the lines of your typical database or knowledge base we see with MMOs.
    Best ive found so far www.AbridgedSkyrim.com/spells

Im not able to connect to live while playing it and nearly everytime i leave the companions building the xbox freezes and the tv turns off. I just cant understand it :confused: I dont have it installed that could be the reason.

I don't think the game could turn off your tv? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone else having trouble with shouting?

a few times now I've selected the shout.. it's not recharging or anything and i hit z.. nothing happens. if I try to select another shout it tells me I can't while i'm shouting. but as soon as the fight is over, I can just hit z and the original shout I selected works fine.

it's pretty annoying as it only tends to happen in fights were I bloody need the extra damage of a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just after doing the first quest for the companions and now lydia is nowhere to be found :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Blowfish wrote: »

I've 23k at the moment and not a whole lot to spend it on, so I'm thinking of actually going for it.

as soon as you do you'll want money to buy something else!! :D Would be nice touch if you could sell your house in case you needed coin pronto!!

• Advertisement

a few times now I've selected the shout.. it's not recharging or anything and i hit z.. nothing happens. if I try to select another shout it tells me I can't while i'm shouting. but as soon as the fight is over, I can just hit z and the original shout I selected works fine.

it's pretty annoying as it only tends to happen in fights were I bloody need the extra damage of a shout

happens with me from time to time. i think it only happens when i switch from casting magic and hit the shout button too quickly. it "uses" the shout but nothing happens and it isnt recharging on the compass either.

I don't think the game could turn off your tv? :confused:

I didn't think so either but it wont turn back on until I plug out the xbox. Its the weirdest glitch Ive ever seen.

I didn't think so either but it wont turn back on until I plug out the xbox. Its the weirdest glitch Ive ever seen.

Uploading virus :D

I never remember to use my dragon shout as I still only have the one!! I only hit it accidentally while talking to some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Must investigate that so.

that sucks ass, i was expecting some sort of assassins creed type money making system. will need to invest though as most places run out of money when i sell my hoard of crap.

Careful, otherwise you'd have #occupywhiterun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speaking of shouts, what ones are you all using? I've 5 Dragon Souls that i've not used, as none of the Shouts i have seem that good. I currently have Unrelenting Force (lvl3), Whirlwind, the Ice one, and Time Slow (all lvl1).

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone know of decent skyrim sites? somthign along the lines of your typical database or knowledge base we see with MMOs.
    Best ive found so far www.AbridgedSkyrim.com/spells
    Here's one Elder Scrolls wiki and here's the largest mod site.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Blowfish wrote: »

23K? How many hours you been playing...I feel poor now :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bambi wrote: »

I've got nearly 50K. Alchemy is the way to go. I heard using smithing to create weapons and jewelery is another good way to get cash.

I've got nearly 50K. Alchemy is the way to go. I heard using smithing to create weapons and jewelery is another good way to get cash.

pick up/steal every ingredient you find.. keep them all and just make potions.... they really are worth a mint them potions/poisons and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!!

I've leveled up my alchemy loads but I aint put any skill points towards it at all!! have some bracers that give me 17% extra potent potions iirc..

easy money.. I think you really need to add skill points to your smithing to make it profitable but you will probably make some fantastic weapons/armor outa it!

I aint even looked at the alchemy or smithing skill tree!

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Well I don't use any weapons or armour which helps. To upgrade, I steal some fine clothes and enchant them. I end up selling all weapons and armour I get.

As above though, Alchemy will make you minted too.

Advertisement