Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood - Film Studies

Options
  • 12-12-2010 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone doing the Level 2 Film Studies course called "Hollywood", Im doing it as my elective and am badly stuck. I haven't a ****ing clue whats going on, any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Watch the films and do the readings, readings are located in the SU copy shop. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

Thanks! :)

.. I have done the readings, but I find them very heavy and frankly boring. Most of them just keep alluding to works by other film theorists without explaining any of them.

For the exam - I am just concentrating on Classical and Post-Classical Hollywood Cinema, and Film Noir and neo-noir. .... I'm not expecting an A, but do you think I will be ok?

Advertisement