Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, lost receipt!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Did you give your details to the shop when you were buying it? If you did they would probably be able to trace it on computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

No. Im just asking from a consumer rights point of view.
    I know i have the right to return it, but without a physical proof of purchase where do I stand..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

BengaLover wrote: »
    No. Im just asking from a consumer rights point of view.
    I know i have the right to return it, but without a physical proof of purchase where do I stand..

How did you pay for the item, if card then you do have a proof of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Yes, actually it was card.. but wouldnt it take ages to get proof of this transaction?

BengaLover wrote: »
    Yes, actually it was card.. but wouldnt it take ages to get proof of this transaction?

Monthly Statement or a screen shot from online banking.

• Advertisement

I read on another thread here before that credit card statement is not proof of purchase because you could have bought anything. Just FYI.

I read on another thread here before that credit card statement is not proof of purchase because you could have bought anything. Just FYI.

Yes and No.

The same could be said of the actual till receipt, unless it actually contained the serial No of the item sold.

The original receipt/invoice is not the only acceptable (despite what shops say) proof of purchase.

Advertisement