Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agatha Christie recommendations

Options
  • 12-12-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have never posted in the literature forum before but enjoy reading everyones opinion on book recommendations.

I read a couple of Agatha Christie novels while I was traveling a couple of years ago and really enjoyed them. (The Mysterious Affair at Styles, Murder on the Orient Express, Tommy & Tuppence Partners in Crime)

I am getting a kindle for Xmas so im looking for some recommendations on what to read next.

Any Christie fans suggest something by her or something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

The Poirot books were always my favourite, followed by Miss Marple, then any of the others. Could have been down to the fact that it was mostly Poirots in the local library in the early 90s!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Ten Little ****
    Chiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

BengaLover wrote: »
    Ten Little ****
    Chiling!

Thats "And then there were none"?

Is there any continuation in the Poirot books? Can they be read out of sequence without spoiling any of the older stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There's some references to previous cases but not in any great detail as to spoil the books you haven't read.

I've only read Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile and The Murder on the Links but I highly enjoyed all of them. I keep meaning to read more of them, especially considering my wife has a big stack of them. She might post here if she sees this thread and give a more informed opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I like Poirot myself; I'd highly recommend The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

The Labours of Hercules - a collection of 12 Poirot short stories vaguely connected. It's a while since I read it, but I remember enjoying it when I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

I enjoyed "Endless Night" it diverges from the usual structure of an Agatha Christie detective story, I was 14 when I read it though maybe my opinion of would be different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd is possibly the greatest whodunnit ever written.

I have read about 15 Agatha Christie novels and about 50 short stories. You cannot go wrong with the Poirot books.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Thank you for all the replys. I think I'm going to start with "the murder of Roger Ackroyd"on xmas morning :)

Advertisement