Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Follow call after interview

Options
  • 12-12-2010 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi folks looking for advice whether I should follow up call after interview I had last Wed.,what should be said,how long to wait before makin call.Second round of interviews probably next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Too soon really. I always ask in an interview "how fast they are going to be moving" so I know when to expect a phone call or PFO letter.

In saying that I also had an interview last wednesday(could have been same job :) ). They said that because of the weather some of the people couldn't make it until next week so I would have to wait until the coming week to find out.

The interview, for me, went badly anyway so I don't hold out much hope. :rolleyes:

In your case, I would wait until Wednesday or Thursday and if you haven't heard anything just give them a a call.

1. Apologise for calling like this
    2. Tell them you appreciate how busy they are and how many people they have probably interviewed in the same boat

It's one of those "if I'm not going to be too much trouble..........would you mind" phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jollyrogerd

Strange I felt my interview went badly too,let nerves get better of me,and didn't get everything I wanted across,he gave me his business card tho and said they will be holding second round of interviews and training after xmas for successful applicant,wasn't in the clonmel area by any chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nope, Pallas Food in Newcastlewest, Co Limerick. ;)

That sounds very good about the 2nd round and business card. Is there an e-mail on the business card?

Yes, then e-mail him, thank him for his time and say you are excited about the possibility of working for the company and you look forward to speaking with him soon.

No e-mail address. Phone the company reception and ask for it.

I was offered a job Friday morning with somebody else anyway so I wasn't bothered about Pallas Foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jollyrogerd

Cheers Berty thanks for the help/advice I'll get on it in the morning.Best of luck in the new job.I've been out of the interview lark for 20yrs so interviews always unnerve me due to lack of match practise,I just hope my nerves didnt fupp up my chances of a bite of the cherry,really want the job plus 3 kids to look after.

Advertisement