Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's just a bit too quiet...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

^^^^The smile that lets them get away with anything!!!

My little brother was a divil for heys, he used to get the truck keys annd drive my dads truck down the road, once he got the car keys and when my older bro about 15 at the time saw him in the car with the car going towards the house he tried to push the car back, ended up with his legs near crushed in front of the window sill between it ad the car:eek:

My brother (12) used to go joy riding in the farmers tractor a few months later he was found out when they arrived and the tractor was missing, the found it upside down in a ditch in the field. My dad taught him to drive at 10, he used to drive the old fiat panda round the fields.

*those were the days........

My little guy takes the c/c out of my wallet and hides them in the letterbox i couldnt find them the one day and after 2 hours found them posted through the garden gate.

20073_1304945033687_1532348992_1566721_371635_n.jpg

Your not my mom by any chance?

your girl is the spitting image of me as a child:eek:

She is beautiful..

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

My wee one is pretty good, he has his moments though, he flooded the kitchen once, went for a wee one morning, then got back into bed with me, hour or so later we went downstairs to find water coming through the ceiling.....he'd left the tap running and the plug in the sink....we still have the water marks on the ceiling! LOL

My mother says it's totally not fair though, cause I was a demon child and put her though hell. At 2 I went missing in a hotel in the Isle of Mann, hot summer and all the fire exits open for air, in a 6 story hotel (1984), turns out I had gotten into a lift with some older kids, they all went to their rooms, so I wandered about for a bit, found a public toilet on the 4th floor and was found scrubbing the walls with the toilet brush......after a 2hour police search. I was tied to the deckchair for the rest of the holiday, literally, my toddler reins were tied onto the chair! LOL.

Also, from age 4-5 she couldn't bring me to anyone's house, cause the minute her back was turned I'd be in the bathroom with whatever shampoo, cleaner, soap etc I could find and would spray it all over the bath, seeminly Clinic was the best, the bright blue stuff! :)

I robbed all the roses out of my Granduncle's garden one day and sold them to passing women on the street.....that was one of my finest moments, he was a grumpy old sod at the best of times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Your not my mom by any chance?

your girl is the spitting image of me as a child:eek:

She is beautiful..

You must be hot stuff haha, thanks. She has that cheeky grin that is so adorable that you just melt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I've loved reading all of these. Some are really great - stories well worth remembering for the future - I'm thinking wedding speaches!

I have a beautiful Jackobean sideboard - its been passed down to me - but it has my middlechilds name carved into the top - done with a kitchen divil knife at age 6... she then tried to tell me it was not her.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Great thread.Havent laughed this much in ages especially that washing up liquid in the kettle.

Theres only two that I remember with my lot.

The first one was when my 12 year old was about 5.She was in the garden playing with her friend from 2 doors up.

Noticed how quiet they were and went out only to find the friend with her hair chopped off--Now when I say hair chopped off,her hair was down to her waist before and after the butchering it was like a short bob.They hid all the hair in a bush in the garden and said that they did it cos they wanted to look the same since my daughters hair was a lot shorter.

The next one was when I noticed that my two younger ones(2+4) were as quiet as anything.
    Stuck my head around the door and they had the cat dressed up in a dolls dress.They still do it and Im amzed cos the cat just sits there and lets them dress him up.

My eldest did that, she cut the hair from the top of her head, so she had one long side and one short sdie, the hair dressers did a great job on her, if i put in a hair band no one knew.

That was the fist lie in i had in 3.5 years, she came into us and said "dont i look pretty".....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

A couple of months ago all went quiet on the western front. Cause; My four year old boy found a small tub of vaseline and ate the lot. (The vaseline, not the tub :D) Latest in a long line of episodes of eating or attempting to eat non food items. Thank God for the National Poisons Information Centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

after a really s**tty episode this morning this was just what i needed to lift my mood.
    I think my lady is a devil, but she really isn't by comparison to some here.
    she eats everything - stopped her from eating a snail and a worm on different occasions, she literally took a leaf off every tree and bush in the garden one day to taste them and she decided to bite me one day, (we were explaining how the new baby would be fed from mommies boobs, and she said ' mommy i going to eat you boob' so she bit me.)
    The 2 together are a bit dangerous, like she asks big brother to get her out of her cot and he tries, by putting thinks in so she could climb on and get out.
    He decided to make a seaside one day in the living room but scribbling waves on the wall with a brio - paint ruined and breaking up a pack of bread rolls for sand.
    He used to wake her up in the middle of the night for a play and a chat - thankfully that has stopped.
    The worse thing he does when he goes quiet at the moment is sneak off to bed at 4pm in the afternoon - cant wake the little bugger for 3 hrs so he is up half the night then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My eldest did that, she cut the hair from the top of her head, so she had one long side and one short sdie, the hair dressers did a great job on her, if i put in a hair band no one knew.

That was the fist lie in i had in 3.5 years, she came into us and said "dont i look pretty".....

Haha. I did this as a kid as a gift for my parents for easter. Got up early, went downstairs. Couldn't quite see the mirror so I was jumping up and taking a swipe at my hair with the scissors in hand while I was within sight of the mirror. I would have been about 4 at the time. I still remember the look of shock on their faces when I walked into their bedroom and asked them if they liked it. :D

When the hairdresser asked if I'd cut it myself, I was wondering how she knew. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Khannie wrote: »
    Haha. I did this as a kid as a gift for my parents for easter. Got up early, went downstairs. Couldn't quite see the mirror so I was jumping up and taking a swipe at my hair with the scissors in hand while I was within sight of the mirror. I would have been about 4 at the time. I still remember the look of shock on their faces when I walked into their bedroom and asked them if they liked it. :D

When the hairdresser asked if I'd cut it myself, I was wondering how she knew. :D:D:D

It's nothing as bad as my dad done years ago, my mam was taking me and my sister out and he was left with my younger brother and my youngest sister with strict instructions to shave my brothers hair, but not too tight.

When we arrived home we walked in and the house was unusually quiet, we walked into the living room and my brother jumped out from behind the door with a "surprise!!", my mam burst into tears because he had cut it too tight.

She was in for an even bigger shock when my little sister jumped out from behind the door with a shaved head too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

just when i said she was not too bad lo peed on the floor after her bath and decided to dip her fingers in and taste it - that's disgusting she said. i creased.

MY eldest lady at 8 went off on a neighbours electronic scooter this is what happened.

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8168

A broken nose.

Taken a week after it happened, and just 4 weeks before our wedding....

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8169

Also imagine this wedding cake all over my wedding dress thanks to a clingy 20 month old, he took off the chocolate sticks and they mellted in his hands he then proceeded to wipe it all over me. A qucik trip to the bathroom to sponge it all off. Got most of it off but i was in flood of tears, can see the funny side of it now and wish i took a photo of the dress, it was a right state.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MY eldest lady at 8 went off on a neighbours electronic scooter this is what happened.

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8168

A broken nose.

Taken a week after it happened, and just 4 weeks before our wedding....

oh the pooor little mite:(
    That looks awful.

And umm I hope her face cleared up in time for the wedding;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8169

Also imagine this wedding cake all over my wedding dress thanks to a clingy 20 month old, he took off the chocolate sticks and they mellted in his hands he then proceeded to wipe it all over me. A qucik trip to the bathroom to sponge it all off. Got most of it off but i was in flood of tears, can see the funny side of it now and wish i took a photo of the dress, it was a right state.

That looks super yummy:)
    I was laughing at the 20 month old and the choc hand prints as it is all too familiar to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My cousin when she was four decided to wash her hair herself with her older sisters IMAC!!! Bald patches!!
    My 1 1/2 year old nephew downed a large brandy at a christening. A bit of a hangover the next day but nothing too bad.

Her nose was rebroken and set 2 weeks after the accident and was perfect for the wedding photos, looking at her now you would never know she broke her nose (if feel her nose then its all lumpy with bone growths)

The surgeon did a great job.

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8172

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We where in Dunnes a couple of weeks back and my 2 year old insisted on carrying around a basket. So he was dragging it around rabbiting on about Buzz Lightyear, Pasta, Bread, Milk blah, blah blah. When we reached the aisle with toiletries, he went unusually quiet.
    We looked around and there he was loading jumbo boxes of tampax into his basket. What made things even funnier is the missus who is 6 months preggars unloading the basket telling him that mamma doesnt need these at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

These are hilarious :) I've no kids to share stories about, but my then two-year old niece got in to my fake tan when she was at my house last January. It was all over her face!

Also, when I was 2, I broke my arm. The night before I was meant to be getting the cast taken off I managed to pull the cast off my arm while I was meant to be going to sleep in my cot :o so the next morning my mum found me at one end of the cot & the cast at the other end. I can still remember sitting there pulling at it, almost as if it happened yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

your daughter is beautiful grindlewald :) the poor thing breaking her nose, i'd say that was a horrific scene, i'd have a stroke! :eek:

Yep it was a very nasty scene,

a boy came running to the door and said she fell, i went down and could see her lying on the floor and blood everywhere, her face looked distorted, the neighbour just got home and he put her in his car and drove her to our house, we loaded her into our car and went straight to a&e, original xray said nothing broken but she was called back in the next day and confirmed it had been broken. she had an 'S' shaped nose, with the amount of swelling you couldn't tell by looking at it where to main damage was.

They did a great job on it. Fingers crossed its the only bone she will ever break.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

In my bedroom cleaning for a while, all of a sudden hear a loud cry and there is my 2 yr old son, stuck on the entertainment stand barely holding on with his little toes and fingers. He was trying to get at the candy. I didn't think he would be bold enough to try to get at it. I just stared in pure amazement. NOw I should have thought, if he can get the barstool to get on to the counters to climb up shelves to get at candy.. why not the tv stand? I hate candy. It was only there because grandmom left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

littlebug wrote: »
    When the youngest was maybe 2 1/2 we had that silence for just a bit too long.
    In the sitting room was found one small, but bloated looking, boy and an empty pringles tube :eek: I'd have trouble with that myself.
    He didn't even get sick!

Well you know what they say, once you pop you can't stop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

walked into the kitchen last night, found my 17 month old standing on a step ladder, trying to get into the sink to wash himself lol

MY little lad has chunks of hair missing, i think his brother got hold of the scissors but neither will tell us (little guy cant talk and the big guy is just laughing at us), i cant find any hair lying about either.

At least his a boy and it will soon grow back, I dont want to give him a tight hair cut just before xmas and its only 5 patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I don't have kids either but this is hilarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

This is the best thread.

My 17 month old isn't too bad by the standards set by others. He likes to climb when my back is turned and give me heart failure when i see where he is.

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »
    This is the best thread.

My 17 month old isn't too bad by the standards set by others. He likes to climb when my back is turned and give me heart failure when i see where he is.

Give him a few more months and you will have plenty of stories to tell.

My youngest lad wet himself at the ailwee caves today and i had to put him in the car with no pants or trousers on, not good in this weather:(. i did have a duvet in the car so i threw that over him to keep him warm and had the heating on full blast.

Advertisement